Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Demoncrat 6th March 2013 10:47 AM

Watched The Town.
If I didn't think that Affleck was up himself before, I sure do now. A semi- interesting car chase doth not a movie make. Fear In The City tonight! Twas my original choice, but mate couldn't face another 23rdC-er.:lol:

Beyond72 6th March 2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 325946)
I mainly remember the film from its many tv appearances during my adolescence, so releiving it through the 23rdC version was shall we say underwhelming cough.;) Go for it. It's an unusual "satanic" film due to the location etc.

It was one of those films I wasn't allowed to stay up for as a Kid.
So that might cloud my judgement, but I actually prefer it to Race with the Devil and the like.

trebor8273 6th March 2013 11:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
yesterdays viewings

trebor8273 6th March 2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyond72 (Post 325956)
So that might cloud my judgement, but I actually prefer it to Race with the Devil and the like.

Thank you for months I've been trying to remember a film with Peter Fonda and a motor home which I saw asa kid but could not remember the name, all I remember was it was creepy and a tree and a actor that might or might not of been Peter Fonda, once again thanks:)

Beyond72 6th March 2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 325964)
Thank you for months I've been trying to remember a film with Peter Fonda and a motor home which I saw asa kid but could not remember the name, all I remember was it was creepy and a tree and a actor that might or might not of been Peter Fonda, once again thanks:)

Ha - glad I helped.

I just watched it the other day as well, the action packed finale was pretty cool.

PaulD 6th March 2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 325960)
yesterdays viewings

Seinfeld!

One of the best shows ever.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th March 2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 325947)
Watched The Town.
If I didn't think that Affleck was up himself before, I sure do now. A semi- interesting car chase doth not a movie make. Fear In The City tonight! Twas my original choice, but mate couldn't face another 23rdC-er.:lol:

I love it when opinions differ so wildly films as I think The Town is superb. It's not as good as Gone Baby Gone, which is still Ben Affleck's best film (and this from someone who thought Argo was a worthy winner of the Best Picture O and is currently waiting for the BD to arrive), but is an extremely well acted and directed piece with escalating tension, a great feel for its surroundings and location and with extremely well drawn characters.

The Harry Callahan saying about opinions is always true!

Harry Callahan's opinion on opinions - YouTube

Justin101 6th March 2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 325943)

Completed the Hammer Karnstein Trilogy last night with the excellent Twins of Evil, I love Peter Cushing in this as a kind of Matthew Hopkins type character, and of course who doesn't love the titular twins :coolblue:

Twins of Evil, Countess Dracula and Vampire Circus are my fav Hammer films - I love that era where they had stopped being classy and just went for full on blood and boobs.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th March 2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 325976)
Twins of Evil, Countess Dracula and Vampire Circus are my fav Hammer films - I love that era where they had stopped being classy and just went for full on blood and boobs.

Me too. They aren't my favourite Hammer films, but they're so easy to watch.

Demoncrat 6th March 2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyond72 (Post 325956)

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

and of course, that should have been RELIVING ahem. Ah, I like both really. Was a staple back in the day, but recently with Kill List and The Last Exorcism, it's nice to see the old ways returning to genre cinema