Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

trebor8273 24th March 2013 01:57 PM

Been watching beauty and the beast the original show not the awful remake, did anyone know that George r r Martin was writer and producer for the show?

Rik 24th March 2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 330254)
Amytiville 2 is actually a prequel so its easy to do. I personally love the second movie for allsorts of reasons, the tacked on exorcism, diane franklin and Andy prine being the top 3. used to have the thorn emi pre-cert tape, now I have the special edition with kim newman commentary.

Never owned this film other than on VHS taped from the telly, so I've added this edition to my never ending wishlist on Amazon

Slippery Jack 24th March 2013 02:21 PM

Yeah me to - "Kim Newman commentary" swayed it for me . . .

SShaw 24th March 2013 02:36 PM

todays films;

Painless excellent Spanish cinema, spoiled a little by the projectionists inability to keep the sound synched to the picture.

No one lives brilliant slasher pic. Recommended!

The collection I liked this.

Seasoning House You can read my Frightfest thoughts over on my diary thread.

John Dies at the end WTF. Good but not great (yet).

A pretty decent line-up from this years Fantasy Film Days!

Slippery Jack 24th March 2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SShaw (Post 330266)

No one lives

John Dies at the end

Is this the 'ending spoiled in the title' sub-genre :lol: . . .

JoshuaKaitlyn 24th March 2013 06:52 PM

The Machine Girl (2008)

:shocked:What the F......Loved it!;)

Rik 24th March 2013 07:04 PM

The Goonies, no further comment required :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th March 2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 330319)
The Goonies, no further comment required :)

I know, its crap isn't it? :nod:

Rik 24th March 2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 330329)
I know, its crap isn't it? :nod:

:shocked: It's one of the greatest films of the 80's, what's wrong with you man :lol:

Just watched Spielberg's War of the Worlds for the first time on BBC Three, I've had the 2 disc DVD for months(a 50p CEX bargain that my son had me buy) but haven't got round to watching it yet. Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed it, the special effects were fantastic and I can't understand the negative reviews I've read on IMDb, definitely worthy of a place in my collection

Slippery Jack 24th March 2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 330347)
Just watched Spielberg's War of the Worlds for the first time on BBC Three, I've had the 2 disc DVD for months(a 50p CEX bargain that my son had me buy) but haven't got round to watching it yet. Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed it, the special effects were fantastic and I can't understand the negative reviews I've read on IMDb, definitely worthy of a place in my collection

Hmmm I thought it went a bit pants after the fantastic opening attack. Think it was beacause we are stuck with Tom Cruise playing Tom Cruise and his annoying kids. It also seemed to lack a third act. It's no Mars Attacks!, that's for sure :cool: . . .