Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

keirarts 12th July 2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 352255)
Spiderman's with Sony/Columbia not Fox though. Or else we would have a potential cool Spider-Man/Wolverine film.

Yeah different studio, same reasons. The second spiderman film was great, part one had some script issues and I hated the goblin costume and three was a studio interferred mess, but two was great. The new one was awful, and seeing what they have done to electro for the second is just f*****g annoying. At the very least it would be nice if the studios could work together, keep the creatives at marvel working on good material and expand the universe.

As it is i'm just waiting for the a**holes in Hollywood looking to make a name for themselves start attaching themselves to new marvel projects in a bid to put there own 'stamp' on the project. (think what happened to spiderman 3.)

Zann 12th July 2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SShaw (Post 352273)
An American Werewolf in London - still the best horror-comedy.

My favourite film of all time :nod:

keirarts 12th July 2013 10:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zann (Post 352297)
Bring Me The Head Of Alfredo Garcia

Italian BD. So cool...just so cool. Now I know where the De Niro rolling an egg in Angel Heart scene came from.

As it's part of the MGM collection i'm hoping Scream/shout factory release it. Preferably with the MGM sleeve art which is fantastic.

Attachment 114440 Attachment 114441

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th July 2013 10:40 PM

You lot can slate Dante's Peak all you want, all i know is, it doesn't star Anne Heche and it isn't called Volcano. :lol:

troggi 12th July 2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zann (Post 352297)
Bring Me The Head Of Alfredo Garcia

Italian BD. So cool...just so cool. Now I know where the De Niro rolling an egg in Angel Heart scene came from.

"Bring Me The Head Of Alfredo Garcia" is one of those films that, when you watch it for the first time, opens your eyes to just how cool some movies are without even trying! The second time you watch it you're sure how cool it is and yet it is still as gritty and grubby as the first time you saw it!:popcorn:

keirarts 12th July 2013 10:49 PM

Mill creek should release a double bill of Dantes peak and Volcano...

To quote that bloke off tv in Robocop...

Robocop - I'd Buy That For a Dollar - YouTube

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th July 2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 352307)
Mill creek should release a double bill of Dantes peak and Volcano...

I like both films actually.

Volcano is terrible but you can't fault it for destruction and it was great publicity for the tar pits in LA. Which incidentally is a fantastic place to visit if you are ever in the City of Angels. :nod:

Zann 12th July 2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troggi (Post 352306)
"Bring Me The Head Of Alfredo Garcia" is one of those films that, when you watch it for the first time, opens your eyes to just how cool some movies are without even trying! The second time you watch it you're sure how cool it is and yet it is still as gritty and grubby as the first time you saw it!:popcorn:

Total class...the scene under a tree where Bennie proposes to Elita in an unconventional (dysfunctional?) way......wow!

Zann 12th July 2013 11:05 PM

Jarhead

....not in it's entirety..on telly at mo'....what is this second rate Full Metal Jacket pretender?? :confused:

fuzzymctiger 13th July 2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 352300)
As it's part of the MGM collection i'm hoping Scream/shout factory release it. Preferably with the MGM sleeve art which is fantastic.

Attachment 114440 Attachment 114441

Sadly, Twilight Time are releasing it :(