Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th August 2013 04:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Goonies (1985)

If Steven Spielberg threw all his films into a barrel, i'm sure when you thought it was empty if you just scraped your nails along the slimy bottom you would come across The Goonies.

Whats the worst thing about Jurassic Park? - The kids. Whats the worst thing about Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom? - The kid. Whats the worst thing about The Goonies? - Its populated by screaming, whining kids. Incidentally the worst thing from Temple of Doom is actually in The Goonies and he's the best thing about this terrible film.

The Goonies starts out not too bad with a few funny lines but soon goes downhill. The plot is a fairly ho-hum treasure hunt against a family of inept villains - the Fratelli's. The cast just get more annoying the longer the film goes on, especially the rotund beast in the flowery shirt who shouts loudly for the sake of it.

Recommended only to those who first saw this when they were five.

troggi 5th August 2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 356671)
The Goonies (1985)

If Steven Spielberg threw all his films into a barrel, i'm sure when you thought it was empty if you just scraped your nails along the slimy bottom you would come across The Goonies.

I concur!

keirarts 5th August 2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 356671)
The Goonies (1985)

Whats the worst thing about Jurassic Park? - The kids. Whats the worst thing about Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom? - The kid. Whats the worst thing about The Goonies? - Its populated by screaming, whining kids. Incidentally the worst thing from Temple of Doom is actually in The Goonies and he's the best thing about this terrible film.

The Goonies starts out not too bad with a few funny lines but soon goes downhill. The plot is a fairly ho-hum treasure hunt against a family of inept villains - the Fratelli's. The cast just get more annoying the longer the film goes on, especially the rotund beast in the flowery shirt who shouts loudly for the sake of it.

:shocked:

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th August 2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 356693)
:shocked:

Don't look like that...

....its garbage. :D

keirarts 5th August 2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 356696)
Don't look like that...

....its garbage. :D

Its not garbage. Not to all tastes perhaps but it still makes me chuckle. For teen movies I prefer it to stuff like Ferris beuller for instance. But to each their own and all that. If everyone thought the same way about stuff the world would be f****g boring.

J Harker 5th August 2013 06:19 PM

I though I was the only person who didn't like The Goonies. Don't hate it, but I never really got the love for it when I was a kid and it's only got worse with age.

Dave Boy 5th August 2013 07:12 PM

Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein (1949)

Bud and Lou tangle with the original Universal Monsters, Dracula (Bela Lugosi), The Wolfman (Lon Chaney Jr) and the Frankenstein Monster (Glenn Strange). Great creepy sets and some unexpected horror moments that you would not expect in a comedy film.

keirarts 5th August 2013 07:14 PM

I suppose even though I like it and all, it does have the Spielberg taint to it. Its a bit saccharine in places, especially the end, but as it wasn't directly shot by the bearded one, its not as vomit inducing as ET..

I still like it though, warts and all...

Prefer the lost boys though.. :behindsofa:

SShaw 5th August 2013 08:02 PM

Bloodsport - 80's classic? Maybe.

trebor8273 5th August 2013 08:59 PM

Video dead
Nothing we haven't seen a million times before , but has a certain charm. 6.5/10

Possession
Tried watching this but get feeling its one of those films you have to be in the mood to watch, don't get me wrong from what I've seen it seems like it will be a great movie. Will try again later this week.