Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Nordicdusk 14th October 2013 07:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 122359

I think i just watched one of the worst films i have ever suffered through. For a film that had Dennis Hopper and Michael Madsen bikes and naked women i had hoped for something entertaining. Instead what i got was a big stinking pile for shit shoved in my face. Im angry after watching it thats how bad it was. The story was stupid everyone acted stupid apart from Dennis Hopper of course. Vinnie Jones accent was an insult to have to listen to. The dialogue was trying to be like a Tarantino film but failed so badly it was embarrassing to watch them saying things so stupid and keep a straight face. Im just gonna throw this crap in the bin its tainting the rest of my collection.

It get 1/5 out of 5 for boobs and a very nice Indian bike and the Gents bike was pretty nice too.

If anyone wants a spare Blu Ray case let me know ill throw in a free film :lol:

keirarts 14th October 2013 07:09 PM

Some nice chap sold me HIS NAME WAS JASON on marketplace for 98p. It arrived today and its very entertaining. Certainly worth a quid. Just wish they would release a decent set of the whole series...

Rik 14th October 2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 371836)
Attachment 122359

I think i just watched one of the worst films i have ever suffered through. For a film that had Dennis Hopper and Michael Madsen bikes and naked women i had hoped for something entertaining. Instead what i got was a big stinking pile for shit shoved in my face. Im angry after watching it thats how bad it was. The story was stupid everyone acted stupid apart from Dennis Hopper of course. Vinnie Jones accent was an insult to have to listen to. The dialogue was trying to be like a Tarantino film but failed so badly it was embarrassing to watch them saying things so stupid and keep a straight face. Im just gonna throw this crap in the bin its tainting the rest of my collection.

It get 1/5 out of 5 for boobs and a very nice Indian bike and the Gents bike was pretty nice too.

If anyone wants a spare Blu Ray case let me know ill throw in a free film :lol:

To be fair, Argentofan did warn you :lol:

Nordicdusk 14th October 2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 371838)
To be fair, Argentofan did warn you :lol:

Sadly not before i choose it as the free film when i got Rob Zombies Halloween 2.:lol:

bdc 14th October 2013 07:36 PM

http://oi39.tinypic.com/vpbu6o.jpg

The Cook (2008)

Enjoyable (especially since I got this for 1 Euro ;) ),somewhat weird,VERY black indie comedy slasher with LOTS of naughty stuff (mainly talk but also nudity,drugs and lesbianism/bdsm!) and a decent amount of gore.

Seems this was not released on dvd in the UK.

>Would get slapped with an 18 I think?

Dutch trailer (spoilers!):

The Cook - Trailer - YouTube

Zann 14th October 2013 08:31 PM

Mad Max

UK BD...yeah the audio options aren't on par with the US release but for £13.99 for the trilogy in a jerry can who am I to complain?

keirarts 14th October 2013 08:54 PM

LAIR OF THE WHITE WORM: A must see whenever it was screened on British Telly I ended up picking up the US release, sick of waiting for a decent UK release. Lots of serpent imagery, tying it in both with chritian iconography and british pre-christian mythology as well. Amanda Donaho's role was apparently originally offered to Tilda Swinton. Certainly one of Ken Russells most underrated efforts its a personal fave of mine and needs a decent UK release.

Rik 14th October 2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 371857)
LAIR OF THE WHITE WORM: A must see whenever it was screened on British Telly I ended up picking up the US release, sick of waiting for a decent UK release. Lots of serpent imagery, tying it in both with chritian iconography and british pre-christian mythology as well. Amanda Donaho's role was apparently originally offered to Tilda Swinton. Certainly one of Ken Russells most underrated efforts its a personal fave of mine and needs a decent UK release.

Completely agree, watched it last week. It's crying out for a UK release, I started a thread about it in the old Arrow forum a couple of years back :nod:

keirarts 14th October 2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 371859)
Completely agree, watched it last week. It's crying out for a UK release, I started a thread about it in the old Arrow forum a couple of years back :nod:

I got the cheap US release without the audio commentary. Its about a fiver and looks great. I've just posted the trailers from hell youtube clip on Arrows facebook page..

Dan Ireland on The Lair of the White Worm - YouTube

there also seems to be a HD trailer on there as well...

Lair of the White Worm HD Digital Trailer - YouTube

Rik 14th October 2013 09:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have this one from Germany, picked it up for a couple of quid on ebay last year.
It has a different title, but I believe it's the same as the US version, also barebones

Attachment 122366