Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th January 2010 08:52 PM

Hmm may restore some faith in Mr Piegal.

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th January 2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 58446)
Hmm may restore some faith in Mr Piegal.

Go on,give the man another chance Reaps.:pop2:

Gigantor 20th January 2010 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 58454)
Go on,give the man another chance Reaps.:pop2:

Yeah be nice he has Pie:happy:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th January 2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak (Post 58401)
And until you've seen the proper version of "Watchmen" in it's 'Ultimate Cut' form AND THEN watched the excellent version of "under the Hood" on the 'Complete Story' DVD...you have not really seen the "Watchmen" film.

I've seen the Director's Cut of Watchmen (I'm guessing this is different to The Ultimate Cut :confused: - which, as far as I am aware is not available in the UK) and didn't think much of it to be honest. Is the Ultimate Cut drastically different and worth seeking out?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th January 2010 11:44 AM

I watched Class of 1999 last night - now there's a blast from the past! :biggrin:

vincenzo 20th January 2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 58498)
I watched Class of 1999 last night - now there's a blast from the past! :biggrin:

Try Class Of 1984. Even better. :cool:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th January 2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 58500)
Try Class Of 1984. Even better. :cool:

Yep, good film that Vince :nod: - I haven't seen it in years!

Class of 1999 was one of the first horror films I introduced my brother to - I think he was about 6 at the time - next morning he cried and didn't want to go to school...! :o My bad. :biggrin:

vincenzo 20th January 2010 11:59 AM

I first saw Class Of 1984 at the cinema in 1983 (the year I left school). Even heavily cut it was still an awesome film, and it's still a heck of a movie today.

Roddy McDowall is brilliant as ever.

DeadAlive 20th January 2010 12:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Gruesome Twosome - Quite poor even by Herschell G. Lewis standards so you know I'm talking Z grade movie making here. A few gory killings are linked by some dreadful acting and pointless filler scenes. The budget is so low that evey plot development is in the form of a discussion rather than actually seeing any kind of action. Long scenes of girls dancing or stock car racing (which may even be stock footage!) only pad out what would have lasted less than an hour if they had not been included. Laughably bad but quite unique this is definitely a lesser effort from the Wizard Of Gore. The opening five minutes have to be seen to be belived as two plastic heads have a chat.

mbv 20th January 2010 03:07 PM

Watched Street Trash last night. WOW! I couldn't get over the picture quality on this. I can finally retire my beaten up VHS copy.
FX are fantastic in this.