Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

trebor8273 30th September 2015 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 463036)
I've got it Treb. It's nowhere near as good as you hope it'll be. It's ambitious but a piss poor budget and risible performances let it down.

yep this. 5/10 for effort, with a bigger budget and better actors it might of been something special

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th September 2015 08:19 PM

PLEASANTLY surprised by the remake of TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN.

A worthy addition to the slasher genre!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4o_bFGFSKc

Rik 30th September 2015 08:26 PM

Me too, I watched it the other week on Netflix, I'd buy it if it wasn't DVD only over here :nod:

iank 30th September 2015 09:20 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing it, but lord know when it'll be out here, and I'm done blind buying. ;)

sjconstable 30th September 2015 11:01 PM

The Martian (2015) - 7/10

Not as good as Interstellar, but better than Gravity.

Vipp 1st October 2015 02:42 PM

I've been super busy with boring stuff but finally managed to get a movie in the other day - Society (via YouTube) - I wasn't sure about the movie, the trailer didn't give much away but of got a faint scent of wickerman style conspiracy from the trailer and just couldn't stay away.

I enjoyed the film, i'm not sure i'd buy it unless arrow put out a normal blyray edition, its's not the best movie ever but worth a watch even if it's just to witness a man being turned inside out via his anus...

The most surprising thing in this movie was the 'mother' of one of the 'society' members, a large man in drag who said nothing, a great addition to the movies bizarre cast of you ask me and well used in such a short space of time, it was almost like seeing Leatherface as a young teenager before he moved to the country side. haha.

Vipp 1st October 2015 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 462898)
[B][COLOR="Yellow"]
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...blu-ray_11.jpg

This is the best Alice in Wonderland I have ever seen, bold statement I guess but in my mind accurate. In fact the best film I've seen in a LONG time. I pre-ordered this BFI bluray and have had it on my watch pile since, just waiting for the right time. Had I'd known it was so good I would have watched it 3 years ago hah... It's a surreal experience but so is the book it's based on. I was surprised how scary and creepy it was, I expected it to be before watching it, but the first 30 mins or so are funny and Alice is so naughty that the change in tone kind of crept up on me until it was full Lynchian terror for a few minutes culminating in the scene on the screenshot above. If you've not seen this version of Alice in Wonderland, give it a try you might be surprised, I was!

I'm thrilled to see another Jan Svankmajer fan on the forum, I can't recommend enough that you try out his version of Faust OR for lighter viewing try his version of 'Little Otik' both films are just fantastic. I love Svankmajer so much i flew to Prague to visit his private gallery (and to prepose to the other half). This BFI Alice is a fine release too. :)

Demoncrat 1st October 2015 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 463174)
I'm thrilled to see another Jan Svankmajer fan on the forum, I can't recommend enough that you try out his version of Faust OR for lighter viewing try his version of 'Little Otik' both films are just fantastic. I love Svankmajer so much i flew to Prague to visit his private gallery (and to prepose to the other half). This BFI Alice is a fine release too. :)

Little Otik!! Can I just say that there are at least 3 Svankmajer fans here cough;)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st October 2015 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 463175)
Little Otik!! Can I just say that there are at least 3 Svankmajer fans here cough;)

Make that four!

Vipp 1st October 2015 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 463175)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 463176)
Make that four!

This is brilliant, this forum really is full of great folks. :nod: