Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th July 2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 354732)

It's coded to Region A – do you have a multi-region player? It played okay and the one I have which is set to Region A.

trebor8273 27th July 2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 354734)
It's coded to Region A – do you have a multi-region player? It played okay and the one I have which is set to Region A.

Yes it played the terrorvison/video dead double pack ok. But this won't play and on the none region free players I would of thought it would come up and say wrong region like video dead but it doesn't and to get disc out players have to be switched off at wall and turned back on.

monkeyscreams 27th July 2013 02:15 PM

Watched The Passion of Joan of Arc (eureka moc bd) for the first time.
An emotional experience, so good and powerful. You really should see if you love films. Who cares if it is 80 years old? It is perfect.

(Yes, I like it very much...)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SShaw 27th July 2013 02:20 PM

One-line thoughts (more details will follow on my Diary thread) of my recent cinema viewings.

The Last Tycoon Disappointing Hong-Kong action flick starring Chow Yon Fat
The Weight Brilliant Kaurismaki-esqe drama in a Japanese mortuary.
Szamanka Bat-shit craziness from the director of Possession.
Missionary Fantastic!
Uzumasa Jacopetti More Japanese craziness - but this time to bad effect.
Zombie Hunter A piece of retro B-Movie fun this crowd sourced film was great fun.

More later...

sjconstable 27th July 2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SShaw (Post 354739)
Szamanka Bat-shit craziness from the director of Possession.

I absolutely love Szamanka, great music.

Prince_Vajda 27th July 2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 354735)
Yes it played the terrorvison/video dead double pack ok. But this won't play and on the none region free players I would of thought it would come up and say wrong region like video dead but it doesn't and to get disc out players have to be switched off at wall and turned back on.

Sounds like a defective disc to me.

Sent from my I9100 Galaxy S II via Tapatalk 2

Make Them Die Slowly 27th July 2013 09:14 PM

I recently watched all three of those "Girl With The Dragon Tattoo gets Endlessly Arse Raped" films. Pure exploitation dressed up in subtitles and moodiness. I kind of like the fact that this kind of tripe is considered worthwhile viewing compared to say, ISOYG by the general public. I know which film has more depth and compassion...

Rik 27th July 2013 09:22 PM

Me and the boys started watching Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom on BBC1 earlier, 5 minutes in and I had to turn it off and pop the DVD in due the crappyness of the print they were showing!
I love the fact my kids share just as much love as I do for some of my favourite childhood films-the Indy films, Star Wars, BTTF trilogy, Ghostbusters, Gremlins etc. Won't be long before they get their official initiation into the world of Horror via the Universal Monsters films (well Dylan anyway, seeing as he's nearly 10)

I really must upgrade the Indiana Jones films so I can finally see an uncut version of Temple of Doom :nod:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 27th July 2013 09:34 PM

Not that I'm trying to influence your children's viewing or anything Rik, but I recently came across this list made by the BFI, which lists 50 films to see before the age of 14:

BFI list of the 50 films you should see by the age of 14 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are still a few on there that I haven't seen myself.

Rik 27th July 2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 354822)
Not that I'm trying to influence your children's viewing or anything Rik, but I recently came across this list made by the BFI, which lists 50 films to see before the age of 14:

BFI list of the 50 films you should see by the age of 14 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are still a few on there that I haven't seen myself.

They've seen a few of them already, I've seen a few more of them, but certainly no more than half! :shocked: