Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

evan renzi 22nd August 2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson Bros (Post 12562)
Nick bought me a copy of the <ahem> unofficial Four Flies on Grey Velvet for my birthday.

It's pretty good, even if a vastly inferior print is used at times to fill in for material not present in the master-copy. Kev W

I forked out for that too and glad I did. It's one of my favourites. Loved what he did with the scene in the park, liked Mimsy Farmer, and how about that final shot? Gorgeous.

dougal 25th August 2008 08:23 PM

Fatal Flying Guillotine

Picked it up for a few quid in Zavvi - never heard of it. A confusing plot, odd characters but 80+ minutes of pretty much none stop kung fu :cool: The print is pretty awful though - widescreen but washed out and very scratched - it could do with some Shameless style love and attention but then perhaps the low cost it's selling at precludes that.

That aside it's great fun in an uncomplicated post pub on a Friday sort of way...

TALL DUDE 26th August 2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 12543)
Yep, that's EXACTLY what i meant! I was SOOOOO scared when I saw that lol! I haven't felt scared watching a horror film since I saw 'The Exorcist' - another supernatural film too! And 'The Blair Witch Project' never even had any gore or anything! A truly amazing film!

Check out the recent movie,wind chill.
Watched this on sunday night and its very creepy.Sounds right up your street mate.

Sam 26th August 2008 06:59 PM

Recent buys for me are:

Flesh and Blood Show - OK early slasher but not up there with the best of Pete Walker's films in my opinion. The transfer on the R2 Odeon DVD looked a bit murky to me but I've not seen the R1 to compare.

Corrupt Leiutenant - an Italian thriller starring Harvey Keitel and (oddly) Johny 'Rotten' Lydon. I bought it from a pound shop so can't be too fussy but it's an obvious VHS transfer. The film itself starts off intruigingly enough but peters out towards the end. Worth a look for a quid though!!

Paul@TheOverlook 27th August 2008 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TALL DUDE (Post 12705)
Watched this on sunday night and its very creepy.Sounds right up your street mate.

I picked up a copy of WIND CHILL from Amazon Marteplace, dirt cheap. Not seen it yet though.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 27th August 2008 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TALL DUDE (Post 12705)

OOooh! I'll look into that then! Thanks :)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th August 2008 05:30 PM

Creepy it is,but don't build your hopes too high..........

TALL DUDE 28th August 2008 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 12775)
Creepy it is,but don't build your hopes too high..........

There were a couple of plot points that detracted from the nice eerie buid up that this film has,but even at that i still enjoyed it.

If you like a scary flick,you could do a lot worse than this.:)

Angel 31st August 2008 06:45 PM

Revenge of the Living Dead Girls
Definitely one of the worst films I've ever seen.

Anyone seen this?

By the way no chance of an uncut UK release.

Mojo 31st August 2008 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 12934)
Revenge of the Living Dead Girls
Definitely one of the worst films I've ever seen.

Anyone seen this?

By the way no chance of an uncut UK release.

Yeah - I saw this one on Redemption UK video years ago. It is pretty bad, but quite enjoyable if you've got your brain screwed on the wrong way.

It was cut when issued by Redemption back then ( what wasn't? ) but I thought it might scrape through today.