Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Rik 21st January 2018 11:41 PM

Yeah, I thought it was shite too, barely made it to the end! :nod:

Cinematic Shocks 22nd January 2018 01:20 AM

Repo Man (1984)

**** out of *****

nosferatu42 22nd January 2018 03:03 AM

3 Attachment(s)
*Shite film alert.*

I was just in one of those moods tonight when i felt like consuming bad films and alcohol.
So i thought i'd set my sights on a few notoriously dodgy films that i'd never seen and also strike a few titles off my Nasties list in the process.

First up was " Don't go in the woods...... alone"

Attachment 200769

Badly made inept home video style monstrosity that has all the hallmarks of shoddy substandard filmmaking.
Bad performances from people with zero charisma that couldn't act their way out of a paper bag, or in this case a sleeping bag.;)

No tension or even plot to think of, there isn't any explanation of why there is a wild hillbilly on the rampage, even the kill scenes are badly shot with the early scenes not even having any visual implement contact. :confused:

The whole film seems like some guy trying to learn how to make a film on the job, admittedly it slightly improves as it progresses, but maybe that was just the accumulation of drink.:nod:

The strange thing was that the 88 films blu of this had some decent landscape shots and was a pretty clear image in places, which contrasted with the grindhouse feeling i was expecting.

All in all pretty much shite but i found myself enjoying some of the fumbled shots, bad acting and overripe dialogue.

A bad but strangely alluring 5/10.:pop2:

Ahem...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbeI8Ej6NXo

Next -

"Snuff"

Attachment 200770

Another film that i'd always heard was so badly made it was barely watchable.

In many ways it is a bad film, but i found this a step up from "DGITW's" , sure it's shit, but it has a certain 'B' movie charm that i found enjoyable.

I didn't find this as much of a struggle as the last film.

We follow a gang of late 60's style hippy chicks and their leader, some guy named Seyten(:rolleyes:) or something, as they fool around doing drugs, getting their tits out and randomly murdering innocent people.

All the while riding around on their motorbikes to some muffled half assed variation on 'Easy riders' born to be wild track.

Attachment 200771

This seems based upon the Manson murders, with a posh family and a film starlet who finally feels the brunt of the gangs lust for blood, as such it should be unwatchable in the shallow way it treats the subject, but because it's played as pure throwaway schlock it is impossible to take seriously.

It does seem to me this was a big influence on Bebbers "Manson family" in the way it portrayed the group.:wise:

Then at the end it suddenly throws away all coherence and zooms out of the film to show a staged snuff killing, this too is badly done, it is mildly disturbing in the way it is played, but the way the guy manages to pull a girls beating heart out of her stomach reflects the ineptitude of the gore on display.

All in all a thoroughly random experience that entertained me, even while i recognised the utter shiteness of the film.:confused:

6/10 :pop2:

iank 22nd January 2018 07:15 AM

Went to the cinema to see The Commuter today. Liam Neeson is an insurance man fired from his job who finds himself approached on his way home from work by a woman who wants him to help her find someone on the train. The carrot? $100,000 if he does it. The stick? His family dead if he doesn't. Watchable enough thriller with a good cast (always nice to see Sam Neill) but pretty forgettable to be honest.

Cinematic Shocks 22nd January 2018 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 563602)
First up was " Don't go in the woods...... alone"

Attachment 200769

Badly made inept home video style monstrosity that has all the hallmarks of shoddy substandard filmmaking.
Bad performances from people with zero charisma that couldn't act their way out of a paper bag, or in this case a sleeping bag.;)

No tension or even plot to think of, there isn't any explanation of why there is a wild hillbilly on the rampage, even the kill scenes are badly shot with the early scenes not even having any visual implement contact. :confused:

The whole film seems like some guy trying to learn how to make a film on the job, admittedly it slightly improves as it progresses, but maybe that was just the accumulation of drink.:nod:

The strange thing was that the 88 films blu of this had some decent landscape shots and was a pretty clear image in places, which contrasted with the grindhouse feeling i was expecting.

All in all pretty much shite but i found myself enjoying some of the fumbled shots, bad acting and overripe dialogue.

A bad but strangely alluring 5/10.:pop2:

Stephen Thrower loves this film. He covered it extensively in Nightmare USA. :confused:

nosferatu42 22nd January 2018 08:51 AM

Yeah i know, i have the book.;)
I found it strangely watchable but don't think i'll be rushing to watch it again anytime soon.:nono:

Rik 22nd January 2018 09:31 AM

He’s also a big fan of the equally inept Death Bed :lol:

Cinematic Shocks 22nd January 2018 10:48 AM

Ms. 45 (1981)

**** out of *****

bleakshaun 22nd January 2018 11:13 AM

Gallipoli
An aspiring athletic runner, tries to join the army, however he is underage. So he and his new friend head to Perth to join and are sent to the frontlines of Gallipoli to fight against the Turkish.
One of the best war movies off all, it is by far one of Mel Gibson's finest performances. I cannot recommend this enough for people to watch
9/10

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

SilverSurfer 22nd January 2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 563381)
The only version of The Eiger Sanction i know clocks in at 124 minutes. The blu ray editions are 129 minutes. I presume this has to do with how blu-ray is encoded and frame rates rather than an extra five minutes of new footage.

This is the shorter vhs version which is approx 110mins-115mins

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....UL._SY445_.jpg