Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

SymbioticFunction 11th April 2018 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 571928)
Original Death wish

What exactly was all the fuss about ?

Yeh I'm aware it was the rape scene but let's be honest there was a shed load of films out in that era eg Last house on left and and few towards back end of the 80s like I spit on your grave and house on edge of the park even in their cut form probably had worse scenes than death wish..
I've seen clips and bits of it before but never fully watched it right through from beginning to end .

I don't think the fuss really started until Death Wish 2. (Last time I saw it uncut, I had to watch alone since my wife refused to revisit it).

Susan Foreman 11th April 2018 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 571928)
Original Death wish

What exactly was all the fuss about ?

Yeh I'm aware it was the rape scene but let's be honest there was a shed load of films out in that era eg Last house on left and and few towards back end of the 80s like I spit on your grave and house on edge of the park even in their cut form probably had worse scenes than death wish...

Death Wish Case Study | British Board of Film Classification

Justin101 11th April 2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 571895)
I watched it on New Years Eve.

Loved it.

I loved all the names Mitch calls Brody throughout the film for the pay off at the end, I can tell that they all really loved working on the film! Loved Pammy's cameo at the end as well.

bleakshaun 11th April 2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 571929)
I don't think the fuss really started until Death Wish 2. (Last time I saw it uncut, I had to watch alone since my wife refused to revisit it).

Agreed I watched with my mate and its uncomfortable to sit through

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

SymbioticFunction 11th April 2018 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 571933)
Agreed I watched with my mate and its uncomfortable to sit through

Yeah, even today, an uncut Death Wish 2 is still quite shocking. I think that the first cinematographer actually quit because he was so taken aback by the material. I told my wife that the attackers get their just desserts but she wasn't swayed at all! :)

Demoncrat 11th April 2018 02:37 PM

Death Wish.
Context ... the word c#nt wasn't as prevalent as it is now. So that makes it quite strong stuff for a mainstream film (which LHOTH wasn't) imo.
I still find the assault unpleasant and I've waded through some fairly graphic imagery in my time ahem. Each to their own and all that ....

Cinematic Shocks 11th April 2018 04:33 PM

Ready Player One (2018)

I loved this. I was completely immersed in the world of this virtual reality pop culture wet dream. There’s a few plot holes, but so what. This is Steven Spielberg’s most enduring blockbuster since Minority Report.

**** out of *****

gag 11th April 2018 04:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've got this edition of the next 3 Death wish R rated so I presume they are all cut ?

SymbioticFunction 11th April 2018 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 571948)
I've got this edition of the next 3 Death wish R rated so I presume they are all cut ?

Death Wish 2 will be cut by around 3 minutes. I've only seen the first three Death Wish films so can only comment on those. Can't recall anything especially contraversial about Death Wish 3 so that should be fine.

gag 11th April 2018 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 571949)
Death Wish 2 will be cut by around 3 minutes. I've only seen the first three Death Wish films so can only comment on those. Can't recall anything especially contraversial about Death Wish 3 so that should be fine.

Cheers I just search for them uncut then :thankingyou: