Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Crimson Blade 8th July 2018 07:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tower of Evil (1972).

A young girl is blamed for the brutal deaths of her three friends after she kills one of the fishermen who find her still alive after the massacre on Snape Island.

Later, a group of archeologists take a trip to the island looking for ancient treasure after discovering that a sword used in the murders is very rare.

Quite an enjoyable film with a creepy atmosphere around the caves and lighthouse. But nothing outstanding.

Some good kills and a fair bit of T&A in that typical 70's style :lol:

And look out for a few familiar faces, including Jill Haworth from Haunted House of Horror. 6.5/10.

Demoncrat 8th July 2018 07:19 PM

PQ? I only ask due to possessing TOE (hmmmm) on a rather muddy looking vhs. The one I taped off tv looked betterer :lol:
Ta!

Crimson Blade 8th July 2018 07:27 PM

It looks great. Nice colours and detail.

Well worth buying if you're a fan of the film :happy:

trebor8273 8th July 2018 07:52 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC9abcLLQpI

By far the best of Disney star wars for me.(ok for a lot of people that won't be hard). The two main leads are a little on the dull side but this is made up by the droid and Donnie Yens blind monk. Yep Cushing should not have been used so much , as the more you saw the worse it looked. Lots of little Easter eggs and for me in the top 3 star wars films. 9/10

Now watching nightmare in wax.

bleakshaun 8th July 2018 07:59 PM

Dead Man's Shoes
A man and his younger brother return to their hometown, the man is there to get revenge on those who tormented his brother.
One of the best British films of this millennium. Such a great watch and (for me) the best film Shane Meadows directed. If you haven't seen it yet, then do it.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Demoncrat 8th July 2018 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Blade (Post 581562)

Sound then. Tis a grim wee thing. Ta!

Dave Boy 8th July 2018 09:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Blade (Post 581562)

Must check the blu ray out.

I have the UK DVD

Attachment 206557

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th July 2018 09:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (2017)

Guy Ritchie's terrible style over substance take on Arthurian legend is so convoluted and Ritchiefied that the classic story is lost in this CGI shit-fest.

A decent cast - Charlie Hunnam, Jude Law, Djimon Hounsou, Aidan Gillen, Eric Bana and Neil Maskell - can do nothing with a script that is so under nourished in the characterisation department that it becomes a chore to watch.

Any, and i mean any, episode of the BBC's Merlin is better than this.

Inspector Abberline 8th July 2018 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 581573)
King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (2017)

Guy Ritchie's terrible style over substance take on Arthurian legend is so convoluted and Ritchiefied that the classic story is lost in this CGI shit-fest.

A decent cast - Charlie Hunnam, Jude Law, Djimon Hounsou, Aidan Gillen, Eric Bana and Neil Maskell - can do nothing with a script that is so under nourished in the characterisation department that it becomes a chore to watch.

Any, and i mean any, episode of the BBC's Merlin is better than this.

I see Charlie Hunnam is in the Papillon remake....is he the new Steve McQueen...?

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th July 2018 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 581574)
I see Charlie Hunnam is in the Papillon remake....is he the new Steve McQueen...?

I don't mind Hunnam. He was excellent in Sons of Anarchy (McQueen would have loved his biker role). He could probably do okay with a decent script.

Edit - I see Tommy Flanagan is also in Papillon. Another Son of Anarchy. Jobs for the boys eh?