Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

iank 15th April 2018 09:43 PM

The Rock who? :confused::tongue1:

I saw Jumanji for Karen Gillan. ;)

Demoncrat 15th April 2018 10:52 PM

Farewell, My Lovely (1975, Dick Richards)

Underplaying it to the hilt as the private eye Phillip Marlowe, Robert Mitchum finds himself fending off the attentions of various denziens of the lavishly rendered period setting in some scheme involving a missing 'actress' and a jade necklace. See pre famous faces galore! More fun than The Big Sleep they did after.:nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th April 2018 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 572406)
The Stanford Prison Experiment.

"I'm gonna take that nightstick and shove it up yo ass!" would have been my response. :nod:
Not a patch on Das Experiment.

Interesting. I thought The Stanford Prison Experiment was extremely powerful and a much more uncomfortable and disturbing film than Das Experiment, as well as being more faithful to the source material.

ArgentoFan1987 16th April 2018 09:12 AM

Prisoners (2013)

A man decides to take the law into his own hands after the main suspect in his young daughter's abduction is released from custody.

Nothing could have prepared me for this film. I went in completely blind and I discovered one of the best thrillers I have seen in years. The acting is incredible, the story is excellent and chilling and it goes in very quickly, despite being 2 1/2 hours long. Highly recommended. 9/10

ArgentoFan1987 16th April 2018 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 572390)
Come on guys - move with the times

He hasn't used 'The Rock' since making 'The Game Plan' in 2007. Since 'Get Smart' in 2008, he has been billed under his given name of Dwayne Johnson

Nope. He'll always be The Rock :lol:

Susan Foreman 16th April 2018 09:48 AM

The Rock layeth the smack down

The Rock 'This Is Your Life'

Dwayne Johnson in 'Pain And Gain'

See the difference?

Rik 16th April 2018 09:58 AM

No sport please :lol:

ArgentoFan1987 16th April 2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 572474)
The Rock layeth the smack down

The Rock 'This Is Your Life'

Dwayne Johnson in 'Pain And Gain'

See the difference?

Same person, Same Rock. He just shaved his hair off to look more like an actual rock.

Demoncrat 16th April 2018 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 572460)
Interesting. I thought The Stanford Prison Experiment was extremely powerful and a much more uncomfortable and disturbing film than Das Experiment, as well as being more faithful to the source material.

I may have let my bias with one of the leads (who was in We Need To Talk About Kevin (shudders)) colour my review somewhat :blush::blush:. But I stand by it. There's just something about shouty Germans etc etc ...

Susan Foreman 16th April 2018 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 572479)
Same person, Same Rock. He just shaved his hair off to look more like an actual rock.

The Rock

A Rock

See the difference?