Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th April 2018 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 572381)
Its the only reason I watched it!:lol:

What did you think of it Treb?

I quite like the idea of the Rock and a giant gorilla.

trebor8273 15th April 2018 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 572383)

I think I must of misread someplace as I'm taking about Jumanji, as long as the rock takes his top off I'm bound to enjoy rampage but people I know who saw it liked it's if you take it for what it is silly / fun and it's a perfect vehicle for the Rock.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th April 2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 572384)
I think I must of misread someplace as I'm taking about Jumanji, as long as the rock takes his top off I'm bound to enjoy rampage but people I know who saw it liked it's if you take it for what it is silly / fun and it's a perfect vehicle for the Rock.

Jumanji i'm not bothered about but i look forward to Rampage. I did enjoy Baywatch and San Andreas after all.

keirarts 15th April 2018 06:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I can pretty much sum up the main reason I went to see jumanji....

Attachment 203319

In fairness it was actually fairly well written, at least better than I expected given the first Jumanji felt like an effects reel with a hastily written plot to justify it.
My main tip with Rampage is to expect stupidity, terrible villains and sloppy writing. It's pure B movie.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th April 2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 572386)
I can pretty much sum up the main reason I went to see jumanji....

Attachment 203319

In fairness it was actually fairly well written, at least better than I expected given the first Jumanji felt like an effects reel with a hastily written plot to justify it.
My main tip with Rampage is to expect stupidity, terrible villains and sloppy writing. It's pure B movie.

I can't see anything except a broken link but i bet that's a pic of Karen Gillan. :lol:

keirarts 15th April 2018 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 572387)
I can't see anything except a broken link but i bet that's a pic of Karen Gillan. :lol:

Correct!:lol:

Susan Foreman 15th April 2018 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 572332)
Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle.

I recommend this only as the quine fae Sneckie made me laugh a lot (her 'sparkle' :pound::pound:. Apart from that .... sheesh min. Why does Jack Black speak that way??? Lazy lazy use of 'that' song also. I missed Robin Williams tbh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 572336)
The Rock is what’s keeping me off watching it :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 572337)
But but but he's a beefcake [emoji7]

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 572358)
Rampage The rock playing a sensitive guy who could pull your arms off

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 572383)

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 572384)

Come on guys - move with the times

He hasn't used 'The Rock' since making 'The Game Plan' in 2007. Since 'Get Smart' in 2008, he has been billed under his given name of Dwayne Johnson

bleakshaun 15th April 2018 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 572390)

He hasn't used 'The Rock' since making 'The Game Plan' in 2007. Since 'Get Smart' in 2008, he has been billed under his given name of Dwayne Johnson

He was known as the rock when I was a little bleak, I refuse to call him dwayne

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

gag 15th April 2018 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 572390)

I think he a awful actor and that's what puts me of his films,
Even tho we know the films are awful to begin with, but personally I would rather watch a rock than him.
That's what I find wrong with films of today their full of people who aren't really actors and only there because their famous for something else , its like films will stick anyone in them no matter who they are if they think the name will pull in the crowds and to me that has the reverse effect .

Demoncrat 15th April 2018 08:26 PM

The Stanford Prison Experiment.

"I'm gonna take that nightstick and shove it up yo ass!" would have been my response. :nod:
Not a patch on Das Experiment.