Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd May 2010 11:06 AM

Awwww did you not give the Cinerama version Of HTWWW a spin ant?

Mojo 3rd May 2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 77099)
Personally I prefer The Black Cat but The Raven is also good fun. Worth getting for the excellent Karloff performance and pendulum finale. :nod:

The Body Snatcher is another splendid Karloff/Lugosi film.

Cheers vince :)

wongfeihung62 3rd May 2010 02:09 PM

Just watched:

WASTING AWAY - Good, fun filled zombie flick told from the undead point of view.

A BETTER TOMORROW 2 - John Woo at his best ,with a last 20 min body count to rival the Vietnam war.

antmumford 3rd May 2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 77242)
Awwww did you not give the Cinerama version Of HTWWW a spin ant?

Yeah thats what I meant :lol: Didn't do my head any good at all

nekromantik 3rd May 2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobius (Post 77212)
Just watched Let The Right One In, a wonderful and incredibly touching little gem of a film, anyone agree / disagree?

That movie is amazing, simply breath taking.
The remake will not get anywhere close to the emotion and atmosphere of the original. Its in my all time fav movies list :)
I know the book will be much deeper but this movie was deep and had hidden meaning and not many vampire stories have that, I would go as far as saying its one of me all time fav vamp movies.

I need to read the book.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 3rd May 2010 05:30 PM

I watched the 3 part miniseries adaptation of Stephen King's Storm of the Century last night (and this morning). Definitely recommended, although I do much prefer Salem's Lot and The Stand when it comes to King TV movie adaptations. ;)

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd May 2010 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 77295)
Yeah thats what I meant :lol: Didn't do my head any good at all

:lol: It is a strange experience watching it as if it's a curved screen but I enjoyed it.I'm sure it would look even better on a massive tv.

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd May 2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 77298)
I watched the 3 part miniseries adaptation of Stephen King's Storm of the Century last night (and this morning). Definitely recommended, although I do much prefer Salem's Lot and The Stand when it comes to King TV movie adaptations. ;)

I think I've seen Storm Of The Century about 4 times! Colm Feore makes a great villain as Andre Linoge.

vincenzo 3rd May 2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 77302)
:lol: It is a strange experience watching it as if it's a curved screen but I enjoyed it.I'm sure it would look even better on a massive tv.

HTWWW was very much a film that should only be seen on the cinema. My parents saw it in its original Cinerama back in the 60's and apparently it was pretty amazing.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 3rd May 2010 10:46 PM

Watched Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde Rock N Roll Musical - VERY VERY VERY low budget and this really does harm the film, sadly. Besides the poor quality of the film, the narrative itself is pretty light - focusing only on the 'good' bits of the book. Mind you, the music is BRILLIANT and very catchy indeed. Along with the superb acting from Jekyll/Hyde this film is an interesting addition to the horror musical - if it had a bigger budget, this would be amazing.

Also watched Hell Of The Living Dead - great fun this zombie film. Pure Italian fun!