Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Demoncrat 29th September 2019 08:13 PM

Watching The Mule. Back soon! ;)

nosferatu42 29th September 2019 08:47 PM

Is that a Euphemism Demon.;)

Deadite 29th September 2019 09:23 PM

Well, as it was on telly and i hadn't seen it before just watched Captain America: Civil War. Dunno, maybe you have to be a real comic geek to get any squee out of this one, but to me is seemed like trying to have an adult conversation with tools that aren't meant for the job. Hurrah, we get some hero on hero action! But are they heroes? Ooh, angst - then fight!

Sorry, but i really don't like the Captain America films that much. I know a lot of people think they're the best of the Marvel films, but to me it's cramming a square peg into a round hole.

Demoncrat 29th September 2019 10:37 PM

The Mule (Clint Eastwood)

What's a man to do? Work for Andy Garcia it seems. A rather gentle take on the thriller genre imo. Bradley Cooper's in it, but don't let that put you off :laugh:
Recommended.

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th September 2019 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 612142)
The Mule (Clint Eastwood)

What's a man to do? Work for Andy Garcia it seems. A rather gentle take on the thriller genre imo. Bradley Cooper's in it, but don't let that put you off :laugh:
Recommended.

Glad you liked it D.

Demoncrat 29th September 2019 10:51 PM

Love Thy Neighbour (1973, John Robins)

Another Hammer horror then :laugh:
Eddie and Bill are adjacent. Do they get on? Do they flip. The basic problem with most of these tv adaptations is that the need to stretch out a plot over 90 minutes is usually beyond most small screen scribes, so what you get are lots of incidents which don't add up to much tbh.
Or
Gaze in amazement at a time gone past. :scared:
Lawdy etc.

bleakshaun 30th September 2019 10:12 PM

The Thing
A dog gets picked by an American team in the Antarctica, unbeknownst to them it's an alien that can replicate any cells.
Look I'm pretty sure almost everyone has seen this so I'm not going to go into it any further. It's still perfect and the Arrow blu ray looks gorgeous.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Demoncrat 1st October 2019 08:00 PM

The Favourite

Wow. There's one closeup of Colly that is up there with Bergman imho. The use of 'fisheye' that warms the heart of an old cineaste also. Again he takes us to an 'alien' world (this time the past) and the use of natural (?) light can only remind of Barry Lyndon.
Don't all run to the exit you buggers :laugh:
Highly Recommended.

Demoncrat 1st October 2019 08:02 PM

Above The Law

So this will be the R print then :lol:
A verrry young looking Seagal plays up-a his Italian shtick as a rather violent copper, well what I can see anyhow :laugh:
Pam Grier is his pardner. Lawdy etc. Also you see him running. Not something that I have seen him do willingly recently. Capice?? :pound:

Demoncrat 2nd October 2019 08:28 PM

Hellboy (2019)

Well, I'm enjoying it so far. Tis more like the books gore wise. Back shortly :nod: