Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 8th July 2010 11:04 PM

Recently I watched:

- Female Prisoner #701: Scorpion which is brilliant.
- Shriek Of The Mutilated - My new fav film. It's unintentional comedy gold. Amazing!
- The Bird With The Crystal Plumage - What can I say? A masterpiece. Simple as.
- Search For The Beast - The single worst Bigfoot EVER. Actually, scratch that. It's one of the worst FILMS I've ever seen. Just terrible in every single way - boring, annoying and utterly talentless. RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pedromonkey 8th July 2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 91074)
Recently I watched:
- Search For The Beast - The single worst Bigfoot EVER. Actually, scratch that. It's one of the worst FILMS I've ever seen. Just terrible in every single way - boring, annoying and utterly talentless. RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

didn't like it then and not one you'd recommend?

Kyle 8th July 2010 11:20 PM

last few films i watched were

shrek 4 - 7/10
a prophet - 9/10
predators - 8/10

DeadAlive 9th July 2010 05:23 AM

Takeshis' Odd surreal film from Takeshi Kitano. I'm not sure what to make of this, which is great, because that was Takeshi's plan when he made it.

Bay Of Blood This may be reguarded as the first slasher in many circles but apart from a few inventive kills this is a pretty poor effort from Mario Bava.

The Burning Tom Savini's gore effects are quite good. The film on the whole is pretty boring though and certainly lacks any real suspense.

wayfarer 9th July 2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

Thank the maker you posted that! i was just going to go and buy it.:pound:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 9th July 2010 10:47 AM

:laugh: Yeah it's terrible. There are a few moments that are unintentionally funny but apart from that it's a waste of time/money. If anything, Wayfarer, you should get the Bigfoot Terror dvd - four Bigfoot films. It includes this rubbish so you can see it if you want, but it also has three other so-bad-they're-good yeti films on. Pretty cheap too.

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th July 2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Search For The Beast - The single worst Bigfoot EVER. Actually, scratch that. It's one of the worst FILMS I've ever seen. Just terrible in every single way - boring, annoying and utterly talentless. RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought that honour went to Night Of The Demon? :behindsofa: (hides from The Reaper Man) :D

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 9th July 2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 91112)
I thought that honour went to Night Of The Demon? :behindsofa: (hides from The Reaper Man) :D

:pound: You shouldn't have said that Stevoj! If your woken up tonight by a guy bursting into your room with a chainsaw, a Night Of The Demon t-shirt and a rather angry look upon his face, you'll know it's Reaps. :laugh:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th July 2010 11:24 AM

He'll be especially angry if Holland don't win the World Cup!

Phats 9th July 2010 11:26 AM

I watched Children of the Corn II & III last night. The 3rd instalment is dreadful and seemed to be the token ghetto movie you get in horror franchises like this - Leprechaun in the hood, the black woman in Phantasm III, etc. - and this time it was just appalling and cringeworthy. The 2nd movie wasn't great either but it had its moments. The character of Micah was quite good and the lorry sending the old woman in a wheelchair flying through the window was quite funny. "Bingo?"

I also saw Silent Night, Deadly Night III: Better Watch Out! which was pretty standard stuff and didn't really have as many classic moments as the first two. I did laugh at one part though: "Hey vegetable! Who's your favourite singer? Perry Coma?" :laugh: