Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th June 2022 10:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Kong: Skull Island (2017)

I think you know by now if this sort of thing is your bag. Me, i love this film.

The Dolby Atmos track on the Blu-ray is immense. When Kong roared my front room shook.

Nordicdusk 5th June 2022 11:30 AM

I tried to watch Justice League last night the 4 hour cut but i lasted barely an hour its horrendous and looks bloody terrible apart from the actors everything else is cgi and the over use of slow motion was killing me.

MrBarlow 5th June 2022 05:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cemetery Of Terror. 1986.

A bit of a Mexican mix mash movie that is like a movie rip-off from other films and may inspired another film that came out two years later by Kevin Tenney. We got a group of students who decide to find a place to party, steal a corpse...yeah they won't graduate now, find a book that brings evil spirits. The body they steal belongs to a serial killer and a doctor is on the hunt for the teens who have woken up the dead. A mix of The Evil Dead, Halloween and Night Of The Demons .

This was a bit of a laugh as the young actors really try their best to over act each other, except Hugo Stiglitz who is a pleasure to watch and try to be the hero of the film. The make-up for the zombies look like something you would see in Burial Ground. There is a nice dark atmosphere in and around the cemetery scenes with a bit of a eerie mist going on. This kept me entertained.

Attachment 240492

trebor8273 5th June 2022 07:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSmJsg19r4g

From the son of David Chronenberg comes this tale of body horror/ possession , a woman is a assassins but unlike most assassins she takes over the mind of someone close too the target well directed with some disturbing scenes , one of the last scenes leaves you thinking WTF that didn't just happened! Tone and theme very similar to his farther.

A alligator double tonight thanks too shudder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_f3-h4tGFQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMYA8CUqlKs

MrBarlow 5th June 2022 08:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Blood Mania. 1970.

A sex crazed nymphomaniac speeds up her father's death to gain the inheritance money for her boyfriend.

I think watching Peter Carpenter in films can be a hit or a miss and may be the reason he gave up acting at a early age but in this he seemed to enjoy himself a bit too much. As for the title it is misleading as there is blood in it but not a great amount and nothing too splattery in it, but does have one or two twists and turns ans some female nudity in it. May give this a re-watch but won't be anytime soon.

Attachment 240493

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th June 2022 10:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Wind (1986)

Aka Edge of Terror, this thriller from Nico Mastorakis is and i won't deny it even though i love it, an odd beast. Set on a Greek island during high winds it's a bit Gothic horror, a bit slasher movie and a bit Euro weirdness.

It has a neat atmosphere to it but when it all boils down not an awful lot happens other than Wings Hauser chases Meg Foster around for an hour. The windswept island and general strangeness always keep me enthralled then when you add the national treasure that was Robert Morley to proceedings it becomes a true winner for me.

I can see why others may not really have the same love for it though.

I've also watched a couple of old favourites over the last couple of days in Easy Rider (1969) and Withnail and I (1987). Two very different films and yet two strikingly similar ones as well. Similar in that they are about two friends who leave their familiar surroundings and find themselves in inhospitable lands so very foreign to them even though they never leave their respective country.

I've reviewed both multiple times in the past and both are in my top twenty films of all time.

MrBarlow 5th June 2022 10:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Beast In Heat. 1977.

A senior SS Officer and Doctor create a genetic human beast which she uses to torture and rape female prisoners.

After seeing the trailers for this I knew what I was going into with this film and this landed on the Video Nasty list and one of the few to actually be prosecuted?? Macha Magall plays the officer and doctor who exploits the female prisoners for her own personnel enjoyment, there was many secret experiments going on by the SS maybe this was one of them as they were sicko's. Yeah this did have it's moments of sexual graphic scenes and a fair bit of violence towards women but at times it was laughable, yet exploitation fans won't be disappointed in this.

Attachment 240495

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th June 2022 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 671433)
The Beast In Heat. 1977.

A senior SS Officer and Doctor create a genetic human beast which she uses to torture and rape female prisoners.

After seeing the trailers for this I knew what I was going into with this film and this landed on the Video Nasty list and one of the few to actually be prosecuted?? Macha Magall plays the officer and doctor who exploits the female prisoners for her own personnel enjoyment, there was many secret experiments going on by the SS maybe this was one of them as they were sicko's. Yeah this did have it's moments of sexual graphic scenes and a fair bit of violence towards women but at times it was laughable, yet exploitation fans won't be disappointed in this.

Attachment 240495

Where did you see this? Streaming?

I have it on dvd from Shriek Show and only ask because it's still unreleased (Banned?) over here. If you saw it on Shudder or another platform then it's obvious that anything goes on them regarding BBFC guidelines.

MrBarlow 6th June 2022 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 671434)
Where did you see this? Streaming?

I have it on dvd from Shriek Show and only ask because it's still unreleased (Banned?) over here. If you saw it on Shudder or another platform then it's obvious that anything goes on them regarding BBFC guidelines.

Yeah I found it on a streaming service I came across by chance, Film1k, some of the films on there the BBFC would have a field day with them.

nosferatu42 6th June 2022 04:55 AM

A lot of the banned stuff can be found on youtube of all places.