Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Justin101 19th December 2022 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 679871)

well lets get the only positive out of the way, it looks amazing and should be seen on the biggest screen possible but thats its only good point, it shallow as a tide pool with a boring cringe story that puts the BBC shame with its agenda and unlikable characters

I have to say that I don't feel motivated to watch this at all, I probably will at some point, but I'm not going out of my way to spend 3 hrs in a cinema! The original film, while not perfect either, was a good stand-alone story so when Cameron announced he's planning more films but only when the technology catches up to his vision, I did groan a bit.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th December 2022 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 679873)
I have to say that I don't feel motivated to watch this at all, I probably will at some point, but I'm not going out of my way to spend 3 hrs in a cinema! The original film, while not perfect either, was a good stand-alone story so when Cameron announced he's planning more films but only when the technology catches up to his vision, I did groan a bit.

I have no interest in seeing it at all. I honestly didn't rate the first one. For the biggest money spinner of all time there are about twenty thousand films which are better in my opinion.

Justin101 19th December 2022 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 679875)
I have no interest in seeing it at all. I honestly didn't rate the first one. For the biggest money spinner of all time there are about twenty thousand films which are better in my opinion.

I'm struggling to remember if I have seen it twice. I saw it on the screen in 3D and obviously I was blown away by it because to be honest it was a spectacle, I bought the BD on release day but I'm not actually convinced that I ever watched it, not interested :lol:

So many films out there that are miles better :)

trebor8273 19th December 2022 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 679875)

Agree it's overrated and so many better films out their , it was better than the sequel but just like that the only good things was the effects everything else was meh!

I wanted to see something else but everyone wanted to see it, by the end they knew they had made a mistake it's the first film in sometime which people walked out of.

Also it's ironic Cameron was having a go at marvel for there movies which yep a lot of problems with those movies , but then he produces this!

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th December 2022 06:49 PM

Watched Terrifier 2 last night. Have to say, I definitely preferred the first one. This was over long and I really didn't need to know so much about the characters.

And it must just be my sick mind, but people actually threw up watching this? I had heard a lot of people mention the scene in the bedroom, but it didn't bother me in the slightest [emoji2369][emoji23]

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th December 2022 09:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Where Eagles Dare (1968)

A fantastic December treat, endlessly watchable. Clint Eastwood at his coolest, Richard Burton bamboozling everybody, a plot that twists and turns and at some points really does make you ask 'What the f**k?' and a final hour of all out action.

Where Eagles Dare - It ain't Christmas until Broadsword calls Danny Boy.

nicholasrope 19th December 2022 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 679871)

well lets get the only positive out of the way, it looks amazing and should be seen on the biggest screen possible but thats its only good point, it shallow as a tide pool with a boring cringe story that puts the BBC shame with its agenda and unlikable characters

I think that whilst the 1st Avatar made a lot of money, I don't think that people actually loved Avatar.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th December 2022 10:18 PM

Decemberdike # 18

1 Attachment(s)
Touch of Death (1988)

Gory as f*ck tv movie from Lucio Fulci about a Lothario (Brett Halsey) who dates then murders women, eating select cuts himself before getting rid of the rest to the pigs in his yard. However Halsey soon discovers a copycat is doing similar and doing it in a very clumsy fashion.

I'd not seen this before and absolutely loved it. It's a great big dark comedy from Fulci and is ridiculously entertaining. I laughed out loud several times and gagged a couple too. Halsey is terrific, for a so-called ladies man he's way OTT. Especially when he dyes his hair yellowy green.

The 88 Films Blu-ray looks gorgeous but it doesn't do Fulci's wonky special effects any favours.

Justin101 19th December 2022 10:25 PM

I love this one too, it’s ridiculous but that’s what makes it good. Time for a rewatch soon I think!

Demoncrat 19th December 2022 10:59 PM

I love TOD for all those qualities D. Enjoy revisiting that particular menu ....