Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st January 2023 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 680332)
Excellent review, Dem. I also thought X was extremely good and it's one of many films on my wishlist which I really want to watch.

I can't believe i said X referenced 76's Funhouse. I meant Eaten Alive.

:xmashumbug:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st January 2023 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 680334)
I can't believe i said X referenced 76's Funhouse. I meant Eaten Alive.

:xmashumbug:

When you're writing a reasonably long review, it's quite easy to think of a series of Tobe Hooper films and write one title when you're thinking of another.

I thought The Texas Chain Saw Massacre was the clearest reference, in tone, location, and shot composition.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st January 2023 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 680332)
Excellent review, Dem. I also thought X was extremely good and it's one of many films on my wishlist which I really want to watch.

Edit: I just looked at the HMV website and saw it's in the 2 for £20 chart Blu-ray section, so I think that and Men (which I haven't seen) might make a good purchase.

Thank you, Nos. Happy New Year to you.

The idea behind the film Men intrigues, but it also puts me off at the same time. It's a strange one.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st January 2023 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 680336)
Thank you, Nos. Happy New Year to you.

The idea behind the film Men intrigues, but it also puts me off at the same time. It's a strange one.

And a Happy New Year to you, too.:xmasbanana:

I think the synopsis of Men makes it sound very interesting and I don't want to read any reviews because I think it's the sort of film that is best viewed without any preconceptions.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st January 2023 06:30 PM

And with New Years Evil my annual Decemberdike horror fest comes to an end once more.

I've seen some truly original films this year such as Saint Maud, The Appointment and The Deeper you Dig, films which both fascinated and disturbed in equal measure, not to mention I Bought a Vampire Motorcycle which was certainly original in it's own way.

Satanic Panic was huge fun as was Touch of Death whilst Giallo in Venice and Whirlpool brought the sleazy grit to the party.

Double Face and The Mad Magician were welcome unseen by me entries to my Giallo and Gothic film collections respectively and i'm sure will have many more viewings to come.

Unfortunately Death Screams, Schoolgirl Hitchhikers and Deadly Manor were just shit.

I wonder what this year has in store?

MrBarlow 1st January 2023 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 680338)
And with New Years Evil my annual Decemberdike horror fest comes to an end once more.

I've seen some truly original films this year such as Saint Maud, The Appointment and The Deeper you Dig, films which both fascinated and disturbed in equal measure, not to mention I Bought a Vampire Motorcycle which was certainly original in it's own way.

Satanic Panic was huge fun as was Touch of Death whilst Giallo in Venice and Whirlpool brought the sleazy grit to the party.

Double Face and The Mad Magician were welcome unseen by me entries to my Giallo and Gothic film collections respectively and i'm sure will have many more viewings to come.

Unfortunately Death Screams, Schoolgirl Hitchhikers and Deadly Manor were just shit.

I wonder what this year has in store?

I thought Death Screams and Deadly Manor would be right up your street for entertainment

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st January 2023 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 680339)
I thought Death Screams and Deadly Manor would be right up your street for entertainment

Are you kidding? Even Frankie Teardrop thought Death Screams was shit. He can usually find something positive to say about tat like that.

MrBarlow 1st January 2023 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 680341)
Are you kidding? Even Frankie Teardrop thought Death Screams was shit.

Maybe it's not for everyone:lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st January 2023 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 680342)
Maybe it's not for everyone:lol:

Did you like it?

MrBarlow 1st January 2023 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 680343)
Did you like it?

It's not the best slasher but certainly not the worst I have seen and far better than the messed up Vipcco dvd release