Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

J Harker 13th January 2023 11:21 AM

Nice reveiw Dem. I haven't watched Diamonds or any classic era Bond for many many years. I really do need to go back over them. Thunderball is the only one I really just never liked.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th January 2023 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 680742)
Nice reveiw Dem. I haven't watched Diamonds or any classic era Bond for many many years. I really do need to go back over them. Thunderball is the only one I really just never liked.

Thank you.

All the underwater footage spoils Thunderball for me, especially the lengthy final battle where one army of divers with spear guns looks like the next army of spear gun wielding divers.

To say it's the story all the fighting with co-writer Kevin McClory was about i wouldn't have bothered. Resulting film Never Say Never Again is even worse.

MrBarlow 13th January 2023 04:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
For Y'ur Height Only.

A doctor who created a N' Bomb is kidnapped by Mr Giant, Agent Double O, is sent in to rescue the doctor and kill the bad guys.

Yes this a Filipino spoof of James Bond but our hero is 3 foot tall, martial arts expert and given a range of weapons to use. This film could have been the inspiration for the Austin Powers film as the little hero seems to be very lucky with the ladies like Mr Bond but this also has way too much comedy and very low budget with the dubbing all over the place. it's good for the laughs and action.

Attachment 244304

Graveyard 13th January 2023 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 680751)
For Y'ur Height Only.

A doctor who created a N' Bomb is kidnapped by Mr Giant, Agent Double O, is sent in to rescue the doctor and kill the bad guys.

Yes this a Filipino spoof of James Bond but our hero is 3 foot tall, martial arts expert and given a range of weapons to use. This film could have been the inspiration for the Austin Powers film as the little hero seems to be very lucky with the ladies like Mr Bond but this also has way too much comedy and very low budget with the dubbing all over the place. it's good for the laughs and action.

Attachment 244304

Love this film so much, Weng Weng is a brilliant actor.

We need a blu ray release in a hardbox for £25 :pound: - if they are putting all the HK movies possible out there, they should do the same for this Filipino movies.

Re-watch! :pop2:

MrBarlow 13th January 2023 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graveyard (Post 680753)
Love this film so much, Weng Weng is a brilliant actor.

We need a blu ray release in a hardbox for £25 :pound: - if they are putting all the HK movies possible out there, they should to the same for this Filipino movies.

Re-watch! :pop2:

I definitely agree, I didn't realise there was other films regarding Agent OO, the one i watched was available on Bitchute (if anyone is interested), Certainly keep my eyes peeled for the other films

MrBarlow 13th January 2023 05:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Alucarda. 1977.

A young woman sent to live in a convent is befriended by another young girl, while out walking they meet a gypsy who places a curse on one of them.

A bit of a similar tone to Ken Russell's The Devils, outbreak of demonic possession in a convent and a unorthodox doctor/exorcist trying to outcast the devil from a young woman but this is a bit more darker and Gothic style scenery. Based on the story Carmilla director Juan Lopez Moctezuma doesn't hold back on the slight nod towards a bit of lesbianism between the two main leads but goes a bit further with the nudity and some good strong gore. This is one I have avoided for ages for a second glance but glad I took the plunge and viewed it again.

Attachment 244305

trebor8273 13th January 2023 07:36 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrYKUrJnC-k

A group of students steal of body little realising it's the body of deranged serial killer who comes back from the dead and summons a army of the dead, the students are soon killed of in bloody and gory ways the killer soon turns his attention to a bunch of kids who have decided to go trick r treating in a cemetery. Enjoyabe and gory a bit of mix of the beyond and evil dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDObmMx6meo

Another enjoyable Spanish gory horror. This time a bunch of youths unwittingly resurrected a satanic cult leader who goes on a gory killing spree to find a virgin to impregnate with the seed of the anti christ.

Now watching
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPScwQ-FAbI

Followed by
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HosMSr3L0M0

MrBarlow 14th January 2023 08:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
M3GAN. 2023.

Welcome to the mix of Child's Play (2019 version), Dolly Dearest rolled in to one sweet innocent looking dolly. This wasn't too bad on the story line, decent acting from Alison Williams as the creator and Violet McGraw as the orphaned niece, there is some minor laughs but whoever decided to tone this film down and turn it from a horror to a Science-Fiction thriller really needs to get a grip on what the audience anticipated.

Attachment 244311

MrBarlow 14th January 2023 10:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Dashcam. 2021.

A American blogger travels to England to meet up with friends, she takes her friend's car that leads to a nightmare night of survival.

Rob Savage who gave us Host that was given a good write up maybe overly hyped which can me misleading but that film was good, this was classed as "creepy as fcuk" so I went with it.

Part Dashcam part Go-Pro cam, when Cloverfield came out a lot of people felt dizzy with the shaky camera, prepare for that to happen with this film and yeah it can be worse. The main character who loves to blog is the reason people should not have camera in front of them. As the film went on I began to wish she was killed off early. What was wrong with the other character is never really explained as her mother never gets the chance to explain it, and is something of a partial small fragment seen parasite. For a film that is 80 minutes long it could have been shorter, not a film I'd view again.

Attachment 244312

MrBarlow 14th January 2023 12:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last Man Standing. 1996.

A drifter becomes a gun for hire in a ghost town that's controlled by two gang families that try to take control of everything and everyone.

A tough gritty film by Walter Hill set in the town of Jericho during the 1930s prohibition with Bruce Willis as the drifter John Smith who makes a enemy quickly and is signed up by Italian Strozzi played by Ned Eizenberg who is the enemy of Doyle played by David Patrick Kelly with his right hand man Hickey played by Christopher Wakken. The acting is great in this from everyone even with Bruce Dern as the local law and William Sanderson as the local bartender.

This is like the usual gangster film with everyone wanting to control something, film noir with Willis describing how things are and how he feels about it and the way he plays the two families against each other is well written and directed and certainly isn't shy of taken a beaten. Hadn't seen this since it first came out and certainly more enjoyable now than before.

Attachment 244313