Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

wonderlust 7th December 2014 06:39 PM

Gun Woman, 2014. 9/10

http://i.imgur.com/xOYrOLz.jpg

Bringer Of Funerals 7th December 2014 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 427944)
Geez, where do we start? Any stand outs there for you?

I would like to hear your thoughts on the list

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th December 2014 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 427948)

It's long! Could you separate it into two sections: films and TV? It would be easier to comment that way.

Bringer Of Funerals 7th December 2014 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 427949)
It's long! Could you separate it into two sections: films and TV? It would be easier to comment that way.

I will on my next list lol

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th December 2014 07:03 PM

Quote:

I could definitely think of a better use of six months ;)

I've highlighted my personal faves:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 427943)
Tucker & Dale Vs Evil
Foxy Brown
Filth
Fawlty Towers (Series 1)
Fawlty Towers (Series 2)
City Of God
Planet Terror
Amelie

I hope you enjoyed them.

Bringer Of Funerals 7th December 2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 427952)
I could definitely think of a better use of six months ;)

I've highlighted my personal faves:

I hope you enjoyed them.

I've always enjoyed Amelie

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th December 2014 07:13 PM

The ones I like are:

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs
Tucker & Dale Vs Evil
Foxy Brown
The Horde
District 13
The Cabin In The Woods
Splinter
Drag Me To Hell
Filth
City Of God
On The Road
Overboard
Monsters, Inc
Amelie
Fawlty Towers (Series 1)
Modern Family (Season 1)
Modern Family (Season 2)
Orange Is The New Black (Season 2)
Fawlty Towers (Series 2)
Breaking Bad (Season 1)

I liked Dexter, but it really went downhill after season 5. I've heard really good things about Jeune & Jolie (Young & Beautiful) – what did you think?

Bringer Of Funerals 7th December 2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 427955)
The ones I like are:
Orange Is The New Black (Season 2)
Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs
Tucker & Dale Vs Evil
Foxy Brown
The Horde
District 13
The Cabin In The Woods
Splinter
Drag Me To Hell
Modern Family (Season 1)
Modern Family (Season 2)
Filth
Fawlty Towers (Series 1)
Fawlty Towers (Series 2)
City Of God
On The Road
Overboard
Monsters, Inc
Breaking Bad (Season 1)
Amelie

I liked Dexter, but it really went downhill after season 5. I've heard really good things about Jeune & Jolie (Young & Beautiful) – what did you think?

I actually really enjoyed it as it was a film which I didn't expect to enjoy and a shock ending really hammered home the thought of what I just watched was really something special and I would really recommend you watch it. There is sex in it but It's not in a graphic sense. The main actress in it who plays the hooker is believable in her role and is very pretty.

R-T-C Tim 7th December 2014 07:46 PM

http://mondo-esoterica.net/title_img...ker/title.jpeg

From PM Entertainment, starring Don 'The Dragon' Wilson, what more do you need to know.

Excessive explosions, kick-boxing, machine guns and a little bit of storyline.

Unfortunately that little bit is not quite enough and this film does suffer particularly in the middle from slow pacing, while like most movie enemies the trackers themselves seem to vary in ability as useful for the plot.

Enjoyable but nothing special. More review here: Cyber Tracker review.

I've got the entire Bloodfist boxset coming over from Holland at the moment, so loads more D, the D, W to watch over Christmas at the in-laws... :popcorn:

Make Them Die Slowly 7th December 2014 09:20 PM

BEYOND THE MAT.Fantastic documentary about American wrestling. It starts out quite light in mood but as soon as Jake "The Snake" Roberts comes on the scene we enter a dark and twist world of death, murder, rape, sexual abuse and addiction. There is a whole other documentary contained in this man. To balance this out, the stuff on Mick Foley is very positive and uplifting. Excellent stuff even for non wrestling fans like myself. Recommended.

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th December 2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

You're the one who watched the films. You give us your thoughts. :nod:

JoshuaKaitlyn 7th December 2014 10:42 PM

From 1962 part 1:

Taras Bulba - Beginning 1962 as I ended 1961 with an historical (ish) drama. Starring Yul Brynner and Tony Curtis, this was one of those films that I really enjoyed was I was younger when it was usually shown on a Sunday afternoon. However I dont think its aged particulary well, the opening battle scenes seem to be undercranked giving them an almost comical look and there is far too much use of superimposition especially when Brynner is astride his horse waving his sabre around (!), there's also the 'romantic' blurry closeups of Curtis and his love interest. I glossed over these things when I was younger but now sadly they seem more noticeable.

King Kong Vs Godzilla - The third Godzilla picture in the franchise and the first in colour. Along for the ride is King Kong, (a rather mangey looking one at that). Not as serious as the 1954 classic reflecting Eiji Tsuburaya's desire to add a more lighter, (comical) tone to the series. Despite the effects and the mangey gorilla suit, (worn by Ron?), I enjoyed it!

Varan the Unbelievable - Originally released in Japan as 'Daikaijû Baran' in 1958 this Kaiju picture was almost remade entirely for the American market and released in 1962 as the above title. In this version an American officer was added, Akira Ifukube's score was replaced and Varan's ability to fly was gone. It would be interesting to see the original Japanese cut of this.

Girls, Girls, Girls - Another Presley musical, and not a great one by any means, here he's just playing the same role as he does in most of these musicals. However there is one interesting scene which involved a boating accident where following the rescue of the girl a little motorboat goes around the front of a much larger sailing ship and is obviously run over by the larger vessel, you can see the stuntman extend his arm out to avoid the collision, the aftermath we don't see as the scene cuts to the Captain covering his face and saying "ouch!"

Dr No - The 500th movie in my historical cinema project is so well known theres little point in reviewing it. However I've seen it so many times that I quickly get bored with it, last time I saw this was in 2007 and still I was nodding off!

Lawrence of Arabia - A great movie that looks great on Blu. A classic in every sense of the word, from performances to cinematography. Those scenes of the sun rising over the desert are stunning.

Kid Galahad - Another Presley musical and again not a great one. With Charles Bronson as Presley's boxing coach this is a mediocre entry in Elvis' film career.

Sundays and Cybele (Les Dimanches de Ville d'Avray) - Winner of the Best Foreign Picture catagory at the 1962 Academy Awards. Hardy Krüger plays a former pilot who during the Indochina war suffers a crash that leaves him an amnesiac. He finds help in the friendship of child who has been abandoned by her father at a school run by nuns who are led to believe that Krüger is her father who comes to visit each Sunday.

Captain Clegg - A non horror from Hammer, (unless you count the skeletal horsemen). My first time seeing this and although I was a little bored to begin with it quickly grabbed my attention and was well worth the time spent. The bluray presentation from Final Cut isn't the best but its still watchable.

wonderlust 7th December 2014 10:44 PM

The Treatment, 2014. 9/10

http://www.ourrelease.org/bittorrent...06/0059280.jpg

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th December 2014 11:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bloody Homecoming (2012)

Derivitive throwback to the golden era of high school slasher movies. After an uneven, bordering on the dull, first hour, the homecoming dance gets under way as do the bloody murders. I can't put my finger on it but Bloody Homecoming was just lacking something. Perhaps it was too bright due to being digitally filmed, then again it could be that the incidental music was too low in the mix, or the fact it wasn't exactly thrilling for two thirds of the run time, concentrating on the students and their frankly boring conversations. Then again perhaps it was a combination of all these things.

The final third is a definite improvement. Enlivened by some gory kills with practical special effects. The killer reveal came as a surprise, but perhaps this was due to my mind wandering so much during the first sixty minutes that any clues failed to register.

Demoncrat 8th December 2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R-T-C Tim (Post 427958)
http://mondo-esoterica.net/title_img...ker/title.jpeg

From PM Entertainment, starring Don 'The Dragon' Wilson, what more do you need to know.

Excessive explosions, kick-boxing, machine guns and a little bit of storyline.

Unfortunately that little bit is not quite enough and this film does suffer particularly in the middle from slow pacing, while like most movie enemies the trackers themselves seem to vary in ability as useful for the plot.

Enjoyable but nothing special. More review here: Cyber Tracker review.

I've got the entire Bloodfist boxset coming over from Holland at the moment, so loads more D, the D, W to watch over Christmas at the in-laws... :popcorn:

We've had that in the shop for ages. total trash aye?:lol:
respective of nothing... am feeling a Frank Zagarino spurt coming on, though could just be the way I'm sitting...;)

Rewatched The Visitor. Still bonkers. Also watched the Arrow Christmas Evil, as along with Sint, this is what I'm showing on Boxing Day. Dour film. I loved it!!!

Also watched Bedevilled. Grimmer than Naked, Nil By Mouth AND Ladybird, Ladybird put together.

Bringer Of Funerals 8th December 2014 12:44 PM

Kickboxer

I remember lending a VHS off a friend at school with this on it and the Romero DAWN OF THE DEAD. At the time I kept fast forwarding this to get to Dawn, but one night I thought I'd actually watch it, and I am glad I did. I enjoyed the film then as much as I do now, I mean OK the 80's dress sense now is really cheesy and the 80's music just didn't suit the film but I does hold up pretty well in the story wise.

Van Damme still has stiff acting and him trying to cry is pretty funny to watch and his brother did have it coming being so cocky. It's basically at 97 minute training montage as with THE 36th CHAMBER. Tong Po is a credible villain where you do want to see him get his arse handed to him. I didn't like the sudden ending to the film after the fight, they could have filmed a bit more of what happened after the fight, but in general it is one of the best (if cheesy Van Damme films out).

ALUNA

A documentary about Indians that live in Panama and how they survive the new world and about the pilgrim they take to 6 different cities with a gold thread. I'll be honest it bored me to tears and I deffo won't be watching it anytime soon. The narriator who was with them doing this pilgrim and him filming it got annoyed with them at certain points, because they called him to send a message and they didn't send it they just let him film shit.

Overall I wouldn't recommend this to even my worst enemy.

AMELIE

Amelie is one of my all time fave films, it's a French romantic film about a girl (Audrey Tataou) that goes around to help others find enlightenment in their lives. The colour schemes are gorgeous to look at and it is funny. Especially when she starts to wind up the fruit stall keeper by changing things in his flat and the way she wound up her neibour after he told her she caused loads of crashes.

The only thing I didn't like was the constant mention of Lady Di and actually showing her crash. It's the only romantic film I actually watch every year. I would love to go to France to see all these places. Jean Peirre is a good quirky director that needs to do more films. To be honest I'm surprised they haven't tried to remake it yet.

I'll do a few films at a time as if I did them all you'd get bored of reading them.

trebor8273 8th December 2014 07:21 PM

What Films Have You Seen Recently?

35 Attachment(s)
Trading places

Attachment 151413

Not much I can say about this classic comedy that has not been said before. Great acting,wonderful characters, great script and direction. A fantastic feel good movie with a seasonal flavour. 10/10

Attachment 151414Attachment 151415
Attachment 151416Attachment 151417
Attachment 151418Attachment 151419
Attachment 151420Attachment 151421
Attachment 151422Attachment 151423
Attachment 151424Attachment 151425
Attachment 151426Attachment 151427
Attachment 151428

Beatlejuice

Attachment 151429Attachment 151430

Another feel good comedy classic. We all know the story of a young couple who die tragically. That is were there problems begin when a family move into there home, it's not long before they seek help from bio exorcist beetle juice and matters become even more complicated for both family's. Wonderful characters and the usual burton weirdness and look. But the real highlight is keatons performance as beetlejuice.10/10

Attachment 151431Attachment 151432
Attachment 151434Attachment 151441
Attachment 151436Attachment 151440

Attachment 151437Attachment 151439
Attachment 151442Attachment 151443
Attachment 151444Attachment 151445
Attachment 151447Attachment 151448
Attachment 151449

Now watching revenge of the nerds which I have never seen before, enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would

R-T-C Tim 8th December 2014 10:25 PM

http://mondo-esoterica.net/title_img...gle/title.jpeg

Not much to say on this one, it stars Billy Blanks, Jalal Merhi and Matthias Hues, has a lot of fight scenes, a storyline that works and some blood & boobs. The perfect early 90s DTV actioner. If you like the genre you will love this.

Talons of the Eagle reviewed.

keirarts 8th December 2014 11:10 PM

Nekromantik.

In spite of reservations about how much this warranted a HD release, Jorge Buttergeit's seminal 80's trash masterpiece actually benefits quite a lot from the HD presentation that preserves the grimy DIY quality that makes the film so appealing with the added bonus of being able to tell what's going on and without the somewhat annoying 'softness' of the DVD.

As still as near to the knuckle as when it was 'released' Nekromantik is still as compelling and unsettling as it's first viewing. Not as 'nasty' as one might think, there is a scene of animal death that will upset some but in fairness was caught on camera and not staged.

It's a film that's very rough around the edges, qualities I also found endearing in Combat shock and Street Trash without the desperate need to shock of Serbian film or the August underground films.

Nekromantik is a film that needs to be seen. I cannot guarantee any 'enjoyment' of what is a very uncomfortable slice of viewing but I would certainly urge anyone who hasn't seen it to give it a go.

trebor8273 9th December 2014 07:19 PM

21 Attachment(s)
Blazing saddles

Attachment 151473

Comedy gold. A comedy classic that never gets old as funny now as when I first saw it. Thanks to wonderful characters,script and acting. The best western spoof ever made . Will never be bettered. 10/10

Attachment 151474Attachment 151475
Attachment 151476Attachment 151477
Attachment 151478Attachment 151479
Attachment 151480Attachment 151481
Attachment 151482Attachment 151483
Attachment 151484

Star Trek the motion(less) picture.
Attachment 151485
Paramount needed a sci film after Star Wars was such a huge hit for fox. So they decided to cancel the plans for a new Star Trek series called phase 2 and went for this movie. It had some amazing effects and was a bit of a love letter to Star Trek fans ( the scene were we see the enterprise). The direction was good thanks to Robert Wise at the helm, but sadly we had very dull script which had been done before in the orginal series to better effect(the changeling ). Painful slow at times with not much happening, it's nearly 40 minutes before the enterprise launches. But if you are a trek fan there is fun to be had and it was far a lot of fans like revisiting old friends after not seeing them for awhile. Really didn't like it much when I was younger but it's is a good scifi movie, if a little slow and why do the crew appear to be wearing there pyjamas. 7/10

Attachment 151486Attachment 151487
Attachment 151488Attachment 151489
Attachment 151490Attachment 151491
Attachment 151492Attachment 151493

Now watching married to the mob.

Nordicdusk 9th December 2014 07:32 PM

Blazing Saddles really is a classic Gene Wilder is perfect in it. I only have to look at him and im already laughing he is a comedy legend.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th December 2014 07:49 PM

As someone who hasn't seen any of the TV show and only a couple of films, I think that's a fairly generous score for Star Trek: The Motion Picture, which is one of the most boring films I've ever seen!

As you said, some of it is really good looking, but the script is terrible and it is very slow.

trebor8273 9th December 2014 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 428126)
As someone who hasn't seen any of the TV show and only a couple of films, I think that's a fairly generous score for Star Trek: The Motion Picture, which is one of the most boring films I've ever seen!

As you said, some of it is really good looking, but the script is terrible and it is very slow.

It's probally more of a five, but they did fix it for the next movie the wrath of Khan, sadly it's the gene Roddenberrys story that let it down. Painfully slow and a bit preachy with very little action. It is my least favourite trek movie even the final frontier was better as that had one thing the motion picture didn't it was fun.

It's not hard to see why some call it the MOTIONLESS picture

Nordicdusk 9th December 2014 08:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 151494

Set during the AIDS outbreak in the 80s Dallas Buyers Club tells the story of Ron Woodroof ( Matthew McConaughey ) an Electrician and rodeo bull rider. After an accident at work Ron wakes up in hospital where doctors inform him he has tested positive for the AIDS virus and even more shocking is that he only has 30 days to live. At first Ron being a homophobic racist alcohol womanising drug abuser refuses to accept the news because only gays get AIDS. When all his friends turn on him he is left alone to confront his own mortality and to search for anything that will keep him alive.

Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto are nothing short of amazing first off the crazy weight loss which especially with McConaughey is often frightening many time throughout the film i forgot it was even him until he spoke.

Jared Leto plays gay cross dresser and drug addict Rayon who becomes business partners with Ron to bring drugs to other AIDS victims in Dallas. The partnership between both characters is often very funny with Rons homophobia making for some very uncomfortable scenes.

Dallas Buyer Club is dark, gritty, sometimes funny and very moving. It really is a must watch both actors give the performances of their lives to bring this story to life and both deserve all the praise and rewards they got for this film.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th December 2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 428128)
It's probally more of a five, but they did fix it for the next movie the wrath of Khan, sadly it's the gene Roddenberrys story that let it down. Painfully slow and a bit preachy with very little action. It is my least favourite trek movie even the final frontier was better as that had one thing the motion picture didn't it was fun.

It's not hard to see why some call it the MOTIONLESS picture

Of the original Star Trek films, I've only seen the first two, with The Wrath of Khan being a really solid sci-fi movie. I really like the two from the rebooted franchise.

JAMIOUSE 9th December 2014 08:48 PM

Well last night I got around to watching the Aussie Blu of The Burning. I've seen the film numourous times as I'm sure have many people on here but the Aussie disc is really nice, strong colours and detail. Well as much detail as an 80's slasher film can have. I think the transfer is the same as used on the US disc, I got it fairly cheaply from fishpond which I would certainly use again.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th December 2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 428134)
Ron being a homophobic racist alcohol womanising drug abuser

Really?

On the Buses must be one hell of a bad influence. :eek:

Nordicdusk 9th December 2014 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 428147)
Really?

On the Buses must be one hell of a bad influence. :eek:

Listening to Russ Abbott would drive anyone over the edge.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th December 2014 09:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Reel Evil (2012)

Three struggling filmmakers finally catch the break they were looking for when they are hired to shoot a 'behind-the-scenes' documentary for a major studio production - a horror film set in an abandoned hospital.

The movie begins quite well with a couple of rewarding blink and you'll miss em' spook appearances and then it's all pretty much forgotten as we get to know the cast and a haze of foggy boredom envelops all.

What makes it worse is that nothing remotely interesting actually happens to our intrepid extra features crew until the last few minutes as we are subjected to endless hackneyed shaky-cam wanderings down green tinted corridors for what seems eternity.

The occasional close up of a naked breast in no way makes up for the rest of the tedious non-events this film has to offer.

I had to smile because the whole film was summed up in just two lines of dialogue. One actress on the main movie says "Is everyone in this film a dick?" and a second character suggests "This is shit".

Dreadful.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th December 2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 428151)
Reel Evil (2012)

I'm pretty sure I've seen that and, as you said, it is terrible.

R-T-C Tim 9th December 2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 428151)
Reel Evil (2012)

I had to smile because the whole film was summed up in just two lines of dialogue. One actress on the main movie says "Is everyone in this film a dick?" and a second character suggests "This is shit".

Dreadful.

Sounds awfully similar to Massacre (1989), a terrible Andrea Bianchi film which is partly set behind-the-scenes of a horror movie shoot, although never really making use of the wealth of opportunities this presents, aside from the inevitable horror scene that turns out to be scene in the movie bit. It also features this wonderful summing up line:

http://mondo-esoterica.net/title_img.../Massacre.jpeg

My convenient review - Massacre review

R-T-C Tim 9th December 2014 11:00 PM

On the topic of bad Italian movies. Does a very obscure straight to video Italian knock off of Top Gun with added UFOs from a former Giallo director appeal to you?

http://mondo-esoterica.net/title_img...ado/title.jpeg

Well it did to me too and the excellent Italian Air Force footage at the start worked well too. Unfortunately that was the best bit about this film which can be summed up thusly. Two pilots in (mysteriously unspecified) air force on a test mission run into weird lights and one of the planes crashes. The surviving pilot is disciplined and spends most of the rest of the film moping around, talking about UFOs with Patsy Kensit then deciding to trek into the mountains to investigate, at this point the movie decides... 'hey f*** you' for enduring all that and s***s out the most horribly insulting ending of all time.

So much entertaining potential and nothing comes of it at all. Stay away from this one (after reading my illustrated Blue Tornado review).

http://mondo-esoterica.net/title_img...der/title.jpeg

Unfortunately the second part of my Top Gun knock-off collection is not much better. It is silly to expect too much from a Jim Wynorski film and at least there are some pretty impressive jet flying and explosion scenes in this film, plus a helicopter/biplane chase. Pity the script makes no sense - for a top secret undercover operation to bomb and Iraqi missile site, the Air Force decide to get together a rag tag bunch of fired and retired pilots (because flying a modern fighter jet is so easy). Even the most casual viewer would surely be distracted by the ridiculous plot flaws throughout this one.

Desert Thunder review.

Buboven 9th December 2014 11:41 PM

The Conformist (1970)

9/10. :clap:

Vipp 10th December 2014 09:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Best Worst Movie. Doc. (Currently on Netflix UK)
I just watched this documentary based around the making of Troll 2 and a reunion of (most) of the cast aswell as a few screenings to show the cult following the movie has now. I own Troll 2 but never dreamed of watching the film, now i will give the movie a watch.

Got to be honest folks this documentary is easy to watch and entertaining, i didn't go into the film having any feelings towards Troll 2 so if you have a job to do in the house and want a good film to keep you company, this is the one. :)

Demoncrat 10th December 2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 428173)
Best Worst Movie. Doc. (Currently on Netflix UK)
I just watched this documentary based around the making of Troll 2 and a reunion of (most) of the cast aswell as a few screenings to show the cult following the movie has now. I own Troll 2 but never dreamed of watching the film, now i will give the movie a watch.

Got to be honest folks this documentary is easy to watch and entertaining, i didn't go into the film having any feelings towards Troll 2 so if you have a job to do in the house and want a good film to keep you company, this is the one. :)

Want to see this ever since I watched Troll 2 (US MGM flipper) and the disc froze!! I can honestly say I have seen worse films. Much worse :lol:

gag 10th December 2014 12:06 PM

Watched The maze runner last night I enjoyed it but couldn't help thinking really it was the cube trilogy told a different way

They all no idea how they got there after suddenly waking up .
Memory loss
All trying to escape
Escape through a puzzle eg cube \ maze
The puzzle keeps moving and changing
Someone who help design it appears .
When escape find its all a experiment .
At end someone come to collect them all.

Plus other things u could go into so techniclaly is the cube remake really :nod:

Demoncrat 10th December 2014 12:12 PM

Prom Night (1981, Paul Lynch).
The moral of this seems to be that if you want it enough you shall live out your dreams.......;)
Expect a slew of X Factor based slashers shortly then haha.
The disco sequence which distressed me so as a youngster now seems rather cute, excusing JLC's lack of riddim natch.

Doom (2005, Andrzej Bartkowiak).
Considering how many times the word "game" is mentioned in the script, you would think that they were trying to tell you something. But I'm being churlish, tis only a action film after all cough. Rosamund Pike patents her startled deer expression, Dwayne does his startled actor impression and Bones looks perplexed.
Such a shame that the film contains none of the breathless excitement that playing the game entails. Humbug!! :rolleyes:

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th December 2014 12:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 428185)

Doom (2005, Andrzej Bartkowiak).
Considering how many times the word "game" is mentioned in the script, you would think that they were trying to tell you something. But I'm being churlish, tis only a action film after all cough. Rosamund Pike patents her startled deer expression, Dwayne does his startled actor impression and Bones looks perplexed.
Such a shame that the film contains none of the breathless excitement that playing the game entails. Humbug!! :rolleyes:

Doom's an ok sci-fi action film in my opinion. What it isn't is a good representation of Doom the game.

I for one wanted it to be a run about romp where the hero fights all kind of beasts like these.

I'm very old skool though. ;)

Demoncrat 10th December 2014 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 428191)
Doom's an ok sci-fi action film in my opinion. What it isn't is a good representation of Doom the game.

I for one wanted it to be a run about romp where the hero fights all kind of beasts like these.

I'm very old skool though. ;)

Indeed. Apart from the bit near the end where it goes aw FPS...ho hum.

Susan Foreman 10th December 2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 427962)
BEYOND THE MAT.Fantastic documentary about American wrestling. It starts out quite light in mood but as soon as Jake "The Snake" Roberts comes on the scene we enter a dark and twist world of death, murder, rape, sexual abuse and addiction. There is a whole other documentary contained in this man. To balance this out, the stuff on Mick Foley is very positive and uplifting. Excellent stuff even for non wrestling fans like myself. Recommended.

There is a WWE produced DVD about Jake 'The Snake' - http://www.amazon.co.uk/WWE-Jake-Sna...+snake+roberts