Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

mercury 19th June 2011 06:27 PM

Watched The Final last night. Didn't really like it. It made me feel sorry for the bullies:(

nekromantik 19th June 2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury (Post 159067)
Watched The Final last night. Didn't really like it. It made me feel sorry for the bullies:(

I ddint think it was THAT bad tbh.
I enjoyed it but as I been a "victim" of bullying at school I know how the kids that got bullied felt and even though they were doing the torturing I still felt sorry for them and kinda rooted for em. :lol:

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th June 2011 07:14 PM

Watched Ruggero Deodato's CUT AND RUN tonight for the 1st time, courtesy of a very lovely CMV Laservision small hardbox. Much more palatable than his more famous film. Pretty gory, especially the guy being ripped in half! (lovely). Not enough Michael Berryman or Richard Lynch for my liking though.

Prince_Vajda 19th June 2011 08:44 PM

I've watched Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell. Very enjoyable experience indeed. A Hammer movie with a wink is typical for the 70s (just think of Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde). Cushing is great as usual and some of the dialogues are really nice. The final scene has quite a lot of gore - I wonder whether George A. Romero had seen this flick before shooting Dawn of the Dead. :lol:

And the last monologue of Cushing aka Frankenstein - pure genius!

Greetings!

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th June 2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 159098)
I've watched Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell. Very enjoyable experience indeed. A Hammer movie with a wink is typical for the 70s (just think of Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde). Cushing is great as usual and some of the dialogues are really nice. The final scene has quite a lot of gore - I wonder whether George A. Romero had seen this flick before shooting Dawn of the Dead. :lol:

And the last monologue of Cushing aka Frankenstein - pure genius!

Greetings!

Was it an Arrow blu? :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th June 2011 09:16 PM

Just finished Speed again. I watch it every few years. Still a top notch action / suspense film. Can't really think of anything since it came out 17 years ago that tops it. Keanu was absolutely born for the role.

Sam 19th June 2011 10:22 PM

Just finished the remake of Sorority Row - surprisingly, I thought it was a fairly solid modern slasher. It was well paced and based on an intruiging premise, even if we have seen this sort of plot done before in the likes of I know What You Did Last Summer, Urban Legend and the like. I doubt this would make may people's top 10 list but it's worth checking out in my opinion.

James Morton 20th June 2011 02:45 PM

What films have you seen recently?

TUNO NEGRO - excellent Spanish slasher
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO SOLANGE? - one of my favourite 70's giallos

platostotal 20th June 2011 06:06 PM

Watched 'Inception' on Blu, really liked it, for a CGI it's pretty good. And is it just me or is good old Leo getting kinda cool in his middle-age, couldn't stand him when younger. More roles like that Leo.

Baseball Fury 20th June 2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 159246)
Watched 'Inception' on Blu, really liked it, for a CGI it's pretty good. And is it just me or is good old Leo getting kinda cool in his middle-age, couldn't stand him when younger. More roles like that Leo.

Personally, with the exception of his teen idol period (MWTIM, Romeo and Juliet, Titanic) I don't think there's any of his films I haven't liked. Inception, The Departed, Gilbert Grape, Blood Diamond, Aviator, basketball diaries, Shutter Island, the list goes I'm best actor of his generation? Probably.