Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Demoncrat 9th September 2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 179781)
A prime example of a remake being far superior to the original

Violence is Italian Art

i have a radio version of "who goes there?", and Mr Hawks version... i like all 3 as they are all different in approach IMO

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th September 2011 11:27 AM

I watched Mark of the Devil (and with the commentary) last night and it may seem a similar film to Witchfinder General, but this is more about the continental approach to dealing with 'witches' with the emphasis on the torture. It's a really nasty film, but in a good way based on real events, with lines from documented witch trials and with real torture equipment from the time.

It's a really interesting watch so, if you like Witchfinder General, it's definitely worth a look.

Rik 9th September 2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 179801)
I watched Mark of the Devil (and with the commentary) last night and it may seem a similar film to Witchfinder General, but this is more about the continental approach to dealing with 'witches' with the emphasis on the torture. It's a really nasty film, but in a good way based on real events, with lines from documented witch trials and with real torture equipment from the time.

It's a really interesting watch so, if you like Witchfinder General, it's definitely worth a look.

I've never seen this, which disc would you recommend Nos?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th September 2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 179806)

The R1 Blue Underground DVD Is the best around and the one I have. i think it's OOP but you can buy it from Amazon Marketplace.

Rik 9th September 2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 179813)
The R1 Blue Underground DVD Is the best around and the one I have. i think it's OOP but you can buy it from Amazon Marketplace.

Cheers Nos, I'll look into it, it's one of those films I've wanted to see for ages but never got round to it.

platostotal 9th September 2011 12:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just watched the WB dvd of THE WILD BUNCH(see cover below) great film but... It has a really weird transfer that seems way too oversharpened, halo's a plenty, cured it a bit by dvd and tv's sharpness to -10, won't spoil your enjoyment, but was noticeable to me. Got it dirt cheap so I'll get the blu later.

James Morton 9th September 2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 179806)

There's a new R1 Blue Underground of MARK OF THE DEVIL new and wrapped on ebay for £10+

James Morton 9th September 2011 12:34 PM

What films have you seen recently?

Fulci's FOUR OF THE APOCALYPSE
saw it again but I'm selling it
not a great western, despite some gory bits

Rik 9th September 2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 179826)
There's a new R1 Blue Underground of MARK OF THE DEVIL new and wrapped on ebay for £10+

It's on my watchlist, and I've seen it slightly cheaper on Amazon by the same seller

gag 9th September 2011 04:42 PM

Just watched
The Church ..Soavi never seen it before thought it was ok but thought the whole entire ending was a little let down and rubbish..