Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th September 2011 01:59 PM

Good, so my memory is better than I think it is! That was probably one of those jumps which had the jaded and yawning critics jumping out their seats.

James Morton 15th September 2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 181268)
Just saw my dvd of the restored NORTH BY NORTHWEST, OMFG what a great movie(my fave Hitchcock at the mo) considering this is in a 2 for £5 deal in 'The Works' no better way to spend £2.50, fantastic to see Eva Marie Saint being so slutty as the good girl/bad girl role. Just over 2 hours of beautiful restored Hitchcock, you even get a 39min making of doc and a isolated score, this is a 10/5:lol: i.e. it's 100% better than you remember, and if you've never seen it... what are you doing still reading this...coat/door/shop/till, job done.

PS. I would genuinely like to hear anyone post that they don't like it, and their reasons.

I don't anyone who dislikes this Hitchcock classic
got the UK blu ray last year - brillant

antmumford 15th September 2011 03:39 PM

Just watched Alfred Hitchcocks Spellbound, really enjoyed it. Had some great camera shots and the Dali created Dream Sequences were fantastic and eerie. I haven't seen many Hitchcock films so I'm trying to grab one every now and then if they're at a good price. There's not a single one I haven't liked yet, can't wait to see many many more.

PaulD 15th September 2011 03:46 PM

Watched Fertile Ground and Husk the last few nights. Not great to be honest - quite predictable, films typical of Horror Channel output. Thought the After Dark Originals label might be worth collecting, not really convinced now.

platostotal 15th September 2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 181323)
I don't anyone who dislikes this Hitchcock classic
got the UK blu ray last year - brillant

Isn't it just, NORTHWEST is to me now just ahead of PSYCHO and THE BIRDS for a 'must see' Hitchcock, more family friendly as well, kiddies won't get Ms. Saints sexy dialogue like we do.

PaulD 15th September 2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 181332)
Isn't it just, NORTHWEST is to me now just ahead of PSYCHO and THE BIRDS for a 'must see' Hitchcock, more family friendly as well, kiddies won't get Ms. Saints sexy dialogue like we do.

Or perhaps the not-too-subtle train imagery at the end!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th September 2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 181332)

In terms of suspense, action and fun, North by Northwest is probably the most watchable and 'user friendly' of Hitchcock's great films even though it doesn't quite have the class of films like Psycho, Vertigo, Notorious or Spellbound.

platostotal 15th September 2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 181334)
In terms of suspense, action and fun, North by Northwest is probably the most watchable and 'user friendly' of Hitchcock's great films even though it doesn't quite have the class of films like Psycho, Vertigo, Notorious or Spellbound.

I hear ya, I'm probably still in Afterglow, just don't remember it being as good as what I saw, and holy s**t that's what they mean by a good transfer. It might not be perfect but I bet I won't see a better film this year.

James Morton 15th September 2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 181334)

VERTIGO is my fave Hitchcock film
this film has been inspired many directors and films
most notably Brian De Palma who is the best at directing his 'versions' brilliantly
BODY DOUBLE, FEMME FATALE, OBSESSION are among his best films with the VERTIGO theme

Baseball Fury 15th September 2011 04:32 PM

Vertigo is my favourite film of all time, and Hitchcock is my favourite director, and for me, North by Northwest is in his top 5 along with Psycho, Rear Window and To Catch a Thief.