Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Show Us Yours! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/580-show-us-yours.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th January 2023 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 680562)
Thanks I thought I try something different I really like it.

Makes your tv look like the Northern Lights with the green bleeding into the blue.

Justin101 11th January 2023 10:34 AM

How is everyone’s post-Christmas watch pile doing? I don’t think I should buy anything for a little while I have an actual mountain of stuff to watch. 85% of which I’d say I’ve never seen before!

https://i.ibb.co/1XD3m9F/E1-C6-C46-A...4911-BD3-F.jpg

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th January 2023 11:10 AM

Mine is ridiculous thanks to the World Cup.

That and the fact i spent way, way, too much during late October-December means i'm having a very quiet January actual spending money wise.

The three Network sale items at a tenner for the three are the only thing i've paid out for this year (aside for a couple of quid for charity shop items) and are the only things in the pipeline now The Big Gundown has been pushed back yet again.

I notice you have Beyond the Door there, Justin. I never got round to that despite picking it out of my drawer of horrors for December several times and putting it back thinking "Possession horror,pfft"

Others we share are The Two Faces of Dr. Jekyll, the Elm Street set and of course Doctor Who.

I also note that your Elm Street set is about half the box size of mine.

Justin101 11th January 2023 11:17 AM

That’s the original version of the Elm Street set it’s all the discs in one case which I wish more companies would do! Not planning to watch all 7 but I fancied New Nightmare.

I forgot to put my 4 Network titles on the pile, that’s another 4 first time watches for me.

Good luck to us both, I know I’ll be in CEX before the weekend haha

J Harker 11th January 2023 04:29 PM

I have that version of the Elm Street Set. Don't know if it's just me but I had some issues with the first disc freezing. I've never got round to replacing it.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Graveyard 11th January 2023 04:59 PM

Seems like my too watch list..

Before the end of the year I got some blu rays from the severin black sale, and this month got another bunch from VS - they were doing blu rays for $10, it's a bargain I can't say no :laugh:

Nordicdusk 12th January 2023 08:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 244292

Got one more framed.

Have two more frame but I'm an ince out either side some load of boswellox :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th January 2023 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 680730)
Attachment 244292

Got one more framed.

Have two more frame but I'm an ince out either side some load of boswellox :lol:

Could you repeat that last line in English?

Nordicdusk 12th January 2023 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 680733)
Could you repeat that last line in English?

A nice way of saying b*LL*x

I take it that's what you were referring to.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th June 2023 06:18 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Seeing the chat about framed prints made me want to go and have a look at my unframed prints all safely stored away but i was distracted by these genuine autographs of movie stars.

Clint Eastwood, Richard Burton, Richard Burton, Charlton Heston, Lawrence Harvey and Yul Brynner.

The last three are photographs on the wall in my office upstairs. Don't take well as there's sunlight blazing in or the room's unnaturally dark.

Nuno_Miranda 23rd August 2023 10:17 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Peter Cushing's own script for Space: 1999

His own annotated script, 88 pages, has only his own scenes. Some details are intentionally blurred. From his own private library.

Attachment 247605

Attachment 247606

Attachment 247607

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th August 2023 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuno_Miranda (Post 689645)
Peter Cushing's own script for Space: 1999

His own annotated script, 88 pages, has only his own scenes. Some details are intentionally blurred. From his own private library.

Attachment 247605

Attachment 247606

Attachment 247607

That is very cool, an enviable item.

Nuno_Miranda 25th October 2023 04:59 PM

Excalibur (1981) - Mordred's Gold Helmet (prototype version)

The armor was created by Terry English, and his design for Morderd's armour became the lasting image of the film. Today, whenever the film is mentioned, people seem to remember this particular armour more than anything else. There were only three helmets made for Mordred.

Excalibur remains one of my favourite films. I saw it at 13 and it caused a lasting impression and lifelong fascination with Arthurian legends and Wagner's music.

https://i.imgur.com/gWf0kcv.jpg

(pls pardon the clumsy watermark. I need new pictures...)