Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Is it Worth Buying? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/6284-worth-buying.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th April 2015 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 443511)
I think I've seen it three or four times without any drop-off in enjoyment.

The lack of action kills it for me i'm afraid, even though it was a terrific performance from Stephen McHattie.

Prince_Vajda 11th April 2015 02:56 PM

A few short questions again.

- Are the extras of the 'Special Edition' DVD of Friday The 13th: Part 2 (1981) interesting?

- Pet Sematary 2. Any opinions?

- Halloween (2007) and Halloween II (2009). Worth watching? If so, theatrical version or director's cut?

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th April 2015 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 443881)

- Halloween (2007) and Halloween II (2009). Worth watching? If so, theatrical version or director's cut?

Halloween is good as an alternate take on the Myers story.

I really dislike Halloween II and would never watch it again.

J Harker 11th April 2015 03:19 PM

Agree with Dem on the first one.
Halloween II i don't remember being impressed but I'd give it another go.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th April 2015 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 443882)
Halloween is good as an alternate take on the Myers story.

I really dislike Halloween II and would never watch it again.

I despise the Rob Zombie Halloween films! I really don't like his aesthetic and he is so interested in Michael Myers that he forgot to develop the other characters (apart from Dr Loomis) so you don't know/care about the victims.

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th April 2015 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 443884)
I despise the Rob Zombie Halloween films! I really don't like his aesthetic and he is so interested in Michael Myers that he forgot to develop the other characters (apart from Dr Loomis) so you don't know/care about the victims.

Just out of interest Nos. Do you like any of Zombie's work or are you one of his (many) detractors?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th April 2015 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 443885)
Just out of interest Nos. Do you like any of Zombie's work or are you one of his (many) detractors?

I didn't mind Lords of Salem but, generally, I find his films to be derivative and boring. Probably the best thing he made was The Haunted World of El Superbeasto!

Frankenhooker 11th April 2015 04:11 PM

Quote:

- Are the extras of the 'Special Edition' DVD of Friday The 13th: Part 2 (1981) interesting?

I quite like both Zombie's Halloween films, although part II didn't click with me until I watched it a second time. Both lack the suspense of Carpenter's original and Zombie's first film does suffer when it becomes more of a 'remake', but I found both reasonably entertaining in a schlocky sort of way.

I also really liked The Lords Of Salem, I watched that again recently and it improves on subsequent viewings in my opinion.

Make Them Die Slowly 11th April 2015 04:13 PM

I have only seen the second Zombie Halloween and enjoyed it, especially all the weird bits which I presume relate to the first film.

plasterface 11th April 2015 05:59 PM

Quote:

i'd rather be stabbed in the eye with a coat hanger than watch either zombie halloween films again