Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Is it Worth Buying? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/6284-worth-buying.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th July 2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 168480)
awesome, cheers for that Demdike...

Glad to be of help. :)

plasterface 25th July 2011 06:04 PM

b-movie madness

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 168406)
Well, it's me posting the first question then. :)

There's a nice-looking boxset called the "B Movie Campaign Boxset". It includes the following films:

- Return of the Killer Tomatoes!
- Elvira - Mistress of the Dark
- Return to Horror High
- Creature
- The Stuff
- Crocodile
- Hell Comes to Frogtown
- Rats
- Slugs
- Octopus
- Spiders
- Night of the Living Dead (Colour version)

It'll be nice if some friendly chaps could pick two or three flicks each (or all ;)) and shortly comment on the quality and the fun factor of the movies. You could also give them a rating from 0 to 5 (with zero meaning "Forget about it.").

Greetings!

PS: Please don't comment on the last one - I know and I love the movie; and yes, the colourised version is rubbish. ;)

I own the ltd edition boxset of this and its worth 12 quid of anyones money but the 3 best in the boxset are slugs a:pop2: so bad its good disasterpiece from the director of pieces. Hell comes to frogtown another rowdy roddy piper sc-fi treat and the stuff, one of cohen's underated films. Wish they'd bring another boxset out like this.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th July 2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 168490)
I own the ltd edition boxset of this and its worth 12 quid of anyones money but the 3 best in the boxset are slugs a:pop2: so bad its good disasterpiece from the director of pieces. Hell comes to frogtown another rowdy roddy piper sc-fi treat and the stuff, one of cohen's underated films. Wish they'd bring another boxset out like this.

What about Elvira?

It would make my top 3.

Prince_Vajda 25th July 2011 06:53 PM

Thanks a lot, Dem, Bizarre, Baseball, and plaster! :thumb:

All your statements convinced me that the "B Movie Campaign Boxset" is definitely worth the 12 bucks Amazon want for it. I'll order it first thing in the morning. As I don't own any release included (except for NOTLD), it really sounds like decent value for money. :nod:

Greetings!

plasterface 25th July 2011 07:33 PM

elvira

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 168492)
What about Elvira?

It would make my top 3.

i thought elvira was amusing enough :nod:

plasterface 25th July 2011 07:38 PM

boxset

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 168510)
Thanks a lot, Dem, Bizarre, Baseball, and plaster! :thumb:

All your statements convinced me that the "B Movie Campaign Boxset" is definitely worth the 12 bucks Amazon want for it. I'll order it first thing in the morning. As I don't own any release included (except for NOTLD), it really sounds like decent value for money. :nod:

Greetings!

i'd reccomend the ltd edition boxset over the other version which has plastic pages for the discs , best of all its the same price but it depends if you prefer collectibility or a more compact version for your shelf. Cant guarantee you'll like all the films but sure you'll have a few laughs:nod:

dream demon 25th July 2011 07:43 PM

But then you need to decide if you want the box set, or the "digi-stack" edition. :lol: Out of interest, which versions do you guys have? To be honest, I have the individual releases of most of the ones in this set I am interested in, so probably won't bother with the set, although it is good VFM if you don't have any yet. I also find most Boulevard releases to have decent prints. :nod:

Is Rats from this series any good by the way? At first I thought it was Night of Terror, but apparently this is a different film (possibly from 2002, if I have the right one). It has a 5.0 rating on IMDB which would suggest it is not a complete stinker. :confused:

*Edit*

Looks like Plasterface beat me to it re, box vs. digi-stack!

plasterface 25th July 2011 08:06 PM

evil laugh

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 168522)
But then you need to decide if you want the box set, or the "digi-stack" edition. :lol: Out of interest, which versions do you guys have? To be honest, I have the individual releases of most of the ones in this set I am interested in, so probably won't bother with the set, although it is good VFM if you don't have any yet. I also find most Boulevard releases to have decent prints. :nod:

Is Rats from this series any good by the way? At first I thought it was Night of Terror, but apparently this is a different film (possibly from 2002, if I have the right one). It has a 5.0 rating on IMDB which would suggest it is not a complete stinker. :confused:

*Edit*

Looks like Plasterface beat me to it re, box vs. digi-stack!

mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

on a serious note i also made same rats mistake, did'nt think one in box set was much cop to be honest

Prince_Vajda 25th July 2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 168520)
i'd reccomend the ltd edition boxset over the other version which has plastic pages for the discs , best of all its the same price but it depends if you prefer collectibility or a more compact version for your shelf. Cant guarantee you'll like all the films but sure you'll have a few laughs:nod:

That's exactly what I'm after in a world going down the swanny. :pop2:

I guess I'll take the limited set - I like to have something to touch and to showcase. It's the same with women, innit? ;)

Greetings!

plasterface 25th July 2011 09:40 PM

a nice package

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound: