Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Up and Coming Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/7372-up-coming-films.html)

Nordicdusk 1st July 2021 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 655113)
Pitch Black (2000), The Chronicles of Riddick (2004), Riddick (2013)

Only ever watched Pitch Black.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st July 2021 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 655117)
Only ever watched Pitch Black.

The Chronicles of Riddick is good, Riddick less so.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st July 2021 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 655115)
I know, I was wide awake at 5am, there was still few more to post but I was slowly getting tired by all that so tried to go back to sleep. :nod::lol:

You really don't have to cut and paste every article you read elsewhere. People do have access to these news sites without you sending them there.

gag 1st July 2021 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 655120)
You really don't have to cut and paste every article you read elsewhere. People do have access to these news sites without you sending them there.

There wasn’t more to post I was joking about it,
It’s a up and coming thread and I was posting about up and coming films.

Susan Foreman 1st July 2021 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 655120)

Playing Devil's Advocate...

A lot of the time, a link will only be active for a certain period - sometimes months, sometimes weeks, sometimes only days - before you click on it and get an 'invalid page' message

I can't speak for Gag, but that is the main treason why I tend to print the entire piece to ensure that it can still be read and referred to years down the line

gag 1st July 2021 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 655126)
Playing Devil's Advocate...

A lot of the time, a link will only be active for a certain period - sometimes months, sometimes weeks, sometimes only days - before you click on it and get an 'invalid page' message

I can't speak for Gag, but that is the main treason why I tend to print the entire piece to ensure that it can still be read and referred to years down the line

There’s that and also fact I use to just post link thinking ppl can just click on the link, but again I got complained at that for doing it and complained at why can’t I copy and paste the entire piece, so I’ve been doing that since.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd July 2021 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 655119)
The Chronicles of Riddick is good, Riddick less so.

I rate them the other way – I didn't like The Chronicles of Riddick at all, but have seen Riddick several times and always enjoy it.

J Harker 5th July 2021 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 654418)
I watched The Lighthouse once. Didn't review it anywhere though, and i can't remember a thing about it other than how i summed it up in my post above.

I'll have to give it a rewatch as it seemed so disappointing in comparison the The Witch.

Don't bother. Masturbating and farting is it. I've tried twice as I thought I must have missed something the first time.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th July 2021 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 655365)
Don't bother. Masturbating and farting is it. I've tried twice as I thought I must have missed something the first time.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I did give it a rewatch a few days ago and did like it slightly more (I knew what was coming so wasn't as disappointed) but it's no masterpiece by any means.

Aside from what you mention i do remember Pattinson having his guts pulled at by an Albatross this time round...so we are definitely getting somewhere.

Another twenty watches and i might remember it all.

J Harker 5th July 2021 06:51 PM

There's a speech about a lobster by Dafoe. Its semi amusing but so out of place.