Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3596Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th March 2024, 09:48 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Might be wrong but that looks to be the same artist who did the Satan's little Helper art for Treasured Films.

That kid front left looks just like Amanda Plummer on the Satan's poster.

And what's with the girls arms at the bottom. They look like snakes with no joints in them.

Old 9th March 2024, 06:59 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Here some new horrors on there way.

Neverland nightmare.

The famous story of Peter Pan has been reimagined with a horrific twist.

Director is Scott Chambers who also been a producer in lots of cheap low rates horrors like, clowndoll, pagan warrior, cupid, hell at, and many more,

Scott begun as an actor performing in films such as "Chicken", "Malevolent" for Netflix and "Doctor Jekyll" opposite Eddie Izzard. Under a second name he has produced 114 Feature Films in the space of eight years with every single one being distributed worldwide?

We are hitting the ground running this year and are back with another list of new horror movies releasing in 2024. I can?t confirm that all of these will be great but here they are anyway, each to their own. That?s the beauty of film, it?s all subjective.

I am a one-man-movie-machine on a mission to keep you up to date with all of the new horror movies of 2024! Stick with Moviehooker and you?ll never miss a beat in the world of horror!

RESTLESS WATERS SHIVERING LIGHTS (FARO)

Yay!, we have some more supernatural lighthouse horror on the way. A father and his daughter return to the family lighthouse after the death of Lidia?s mother. As well as trying to mourn, the father, Pedro must worry about the fragile mental state of his daughter, Lidia. When strange supernatural occurrences start to tear through the house, Pedro realises that it may be a lot more than just her daughter?s fragile, broken mind.

RICH FLU

Starring Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Timothy Spall and Rafe Spall. Macauley Culkin is also listed on Google as starring but there is no sign of him on IMDb so I can?t confirm.

Rich Flu is a brand new thriller (certainly with some horror elements) from Galder Gaztelu-Urrutia, the director and co-writer of the fantastic dystopian Netflix horror The Platform. I have been patiently waiting to see his follow-up feature and this one sounds like it will not disappoint.

The Platform had such a powerful meaning, especially in today?s world. Those at the top get it all and leave nothing but scraps for those at the bottom. In Rich Flu we seem to have a similar social commentary: a strange disease is rapidly spreading through the rich and the powerful infecting and killing those with any substantial wealth.

THE CONTAINMENT

Okay, The Containment hasn?t got much info. What little information it does have makes it sound like a million other possession movies.

All I know about this one is that a demonic spirit enters the body of an innocent girl. I?m not sold on this one but I?ll wait for more production information before I make that decision. When done right, possession horror can be really effective.

OUT COME THE WOLVES

Out Come The Wolves sounds like it could be a good survival horror movie. The premise sort of reminds me of the Liam Neeson movie The Grey. A group of hikers are trapped and then hunted by a vicious pack of wolves.

This one is also listed as in production. We could be waiting a while before we see a release. However, I will keep you all updated.

LITTLE BITES

I have mentioned this one before because the premise sounds like a Moviehooker Cup Winner. A woman desperate to save her only child makes the harrowingly painful choice to let a nightmarish monster devour her alive.

I dunno, there is just something about that premise that sounds like it will be a lot of fun to watch. Will this little kid watch helplessly as her mother is slowly being eaten alive by some creature? I sure hope so

GRUESOME

Nice name for a movie, right? Well, Gruesome is the name of the small town this film is set in. The film still sounds good though.

It follows two cops as they clash with a racist judge and try and catch a serial killer who has been slaughtering the fine folk of Gruesome. That?s all I know but this one had a cool poster too and I am sucker for a good poster.

https://moviehooker.com/series/movie...0lGCBejbnS5vEc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0018.jpg (83.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 9th March 2024, 07:10 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

New Beetlejuice sequel is due out on September the 6th.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0019.jpg (18.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0020.jpeg (77.0 KB, 3 views)
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 9th March 2024, 07:47 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
And what's with the girls arms at the bottom. They look like snakes with no joints in them.

Maybe that is a plot-point

Her arms look 'too bad' to be serious, and *not* have some actual connection with the film

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 9th March 2024, 08:14 AM
Cult Veteran

I know it?s not newly announced but I saw the trailer for Furiosa before Dune pt2 yesterday and it looks so much fun I can?t wait to watch it.
nosferatu42 likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 10th March 2024, 09:39 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default Inside Out 2

The little voices inside Riley's head know her inside and out ? but next summer, everything changes when Disney and Pixar's "Inside Out 2 " introduces a new Emotion: Anxiety. According to director Kelsey Mann, the new character promises to stir things up within headquarters. "Anxiety, voiced by Maya Hawke, might be new to the crew, but she's not really the type to take a back seat," said Mann. "That makes a lot of sense if you think about it in terms of what goes on inside all our minds." A trailer, poster and film stills are now available for what promises to be the feel-good (or feel-everything) film of Summer 2024.

Disney and Pixar's "Inside Out 2" returns to the mind of newly minted teenager Riley just as headquarters is undergoing a sudden demolition to make room for something entirely unexpected: new Emotions! Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear and Disgust, who've long been running a successful operation by all accounts, aren't sure how to feel when Anxiety shows up. And it looks like she's not alone. Maya Hawke lends her voice to Anxiety, alongside Amy Poehler as Joy, Phyllis Smith as Sadness, Lewis Black as Anger, Tony Hale as Fear, and Liza Lapira as Disgust. Directed by Kelsey Mann and produced by Mark Nielsen, "Inside Out 2" releases only in theaters Summer 2024.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LEjhY15eCx0

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 10th March 2024 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10th March 2024, 09:40 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default A Gentleman in Moscow

A Gentleman In Moscow, An adaptation of Amor Towles' internationally best-selling novel, follows Count Alexander Rostov, played by Emmy Award winning actor Ewan McGregor in the aftermath of the Russian Revolution, finds that his gilded past places him on the wrong side of history. Spared immediate execution, he is banished by a Soviet tribunal to an attic room in the opulent Hotel Metropol, threatened with death if he ever sets foot outside again. As the years pass and some of the most tumultuous decades in Russian history unfold outside the hotel's doors, Rostov's reduced circumstances provide him entry into a much larger world of emotional discovery. As he builds a new life within the walls of the hotel, he discovers the true value of friendship, family and love.

Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 10th March 2024 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10th March 2024, 04:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

MrBarlow likes this.
Old 10th March 2024, 06:33 PM
Cult Addict

MrBarlow likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 11th March 2024, 01:28 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
This seems ambitious, potentially scary, and possibly very silly.

Quote:
In partnership with Meta, Eli Roth, Crypt TV and ShinAwiL will premiere their VR episodic series ?The Faceless Lady? on April 4 at 5 p.m. PT in Meta Horizon Worlds. The first known live-action VR series, ?The Faceless Lady? will premiere in stereoscopic (3D) and consist of six episodes, with one episode dropping every Thursday after the premiere.

?Partnering with Meta on VR originals has been an incredible experience, and I can?t wait for fans to enjoy VR horror in series form with ?The Faceless Lady.? Seeing the reaction to ?Trick-VR-Treat? and ?Be Mine? showed what an appetite genre fans have for this medium and how VR users are experiencing horror through the headset,? Roth said in a statement. ?A VR horror episodic series will scare viewers in a way this medium has never seen before.?

The storyline, set in Ireland, is inspired by the real 17th century Irish folklore of Lady Margaret Hodnett, who is said to haunt Cork?s Belvelly Castle by stalking visitors through mirrors and reflective surfaces. ?The Faceless Lady? has been adapted for modern day with a supernatural twist, following three couples who have been invited to a medieval castle for a weekend competition in Ireland ? where they will either win Lady Margaret?s games or lose their lives.
https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/the-faceless-lady-trailer-meta-live-action-vr-tv-series-eli-roth-1235929895/

Like this? Share it using the links below!