Like Tree3596Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th April 2024, 05:39 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Additionally, the quality isn't apparently particularly high - although Winnie-the-Pooh: Blood and Honey is on my watchlist, I haven't yet seen one of the films. However, if they make people buy DVDs from HMV, Asda, or wherever else, then that can only be a good thing for the distributor and the economy.
Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey isn't what anyone would call a good film but the gore is impressive. In fact the quality of the film is no worse than say, the films on Arrow's American Horror Project releases which are regional horrors from the US.

As with those films it's entertaining enough but you know when you go in you aren't getting something of quality like The Omen or Dawn of the Dead, you are getting something low budget and cheap to make, the essence of exploitation in fact.
Old 4th April 2024, 10:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey isn't what anyone would call a good film but the gore is impressive. In fact the quality of the film is no worse than say, the films on Arrow's American Horror Project releases which are regional horrors from the US.

As with those films it's entertaining enough but you know when you go in you aren't getting something of quality like The Omen or Dawn of the Dead, you are getting something low budget and cheap to make, the essence of exploitation in fact.
Blood and honey been such a success they have announced there will be a 3rd one, I've yet to watch any of these kids stuff cross over to horror, tbh I think Bannana splits is to be blamed for this because (might be wrong) was first kids shows etc to be turned into a horror.
Old 5th April 2024, 08:29 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Blood and honey been such a success they have announced there will be a 3rd one, I've yet to watch any of these kids stuff cross over to horror, tbh I think Bannana splits is to be blamed for this because (might be wrong) was first kids shows etc to be turned into a horror.
I know there's going to be Poohniverse: Monsters Assemble next year, that third in that sequence of films, so they're obviously profitable enough.
Old 5th April 2024, 10:00 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I know there's going to be Poohniverse: Monsters Assemble next year, that third in that sequence of films, so they're obviously profitable enough.
Maybe Hollywood could take a lesson on how to make a budget movie and make a profit instead of other way round, and spending hundreds of millions and barley breaking even.
Old 7th April 2024, 07:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The First Omen

I had no idea there was an Omen prequel. Shot in Rome. Critics like it which is a start.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The_First_Omen_poster.jpg (12.3 KB, 5 views)
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 7th April 2024, 07:32 PM
Cult Addict

I knew it was coming as I saw the trailer, quite excited to see it after the generally positive reviews.

Was actually thinking about going to the cinema to see it as it's actually only 2 hrs long unlike most new films.

I grew up watching the originals as a kid on TV and read the 4th and 5th continuation novels last year, so i'm well up for this.
The Omen has always been a favourite of mine.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 7th April 2024, 07:38 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I knew it was coming as I saw the trailer, quite excited to see it after the generally positive reviews.

Was actually thinking about going to the cinema to see it as it's actually only 2 hrs long unlike most new films.

I grew up watching the originals as a kid on TV and read the 4th and 5th continuation novels last year, so i'm well up for this.
The Omen has always been a favourite of mine.

It certainly seems more worthy of release than that last Exorcist film.

I'd be up for adding it to the collection when it hits Blu-ray. Might be nice for Halloween time.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 8th April 2024, 01:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Old 8th April 2024, 01:39 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I watched the trailer and then a review popped up, and he rates it as the second-best Omen film since the first, and a genuinely well-crafted, designed, and affecting horror film.

Until watching the trailer and the review, I had zero interest in watching it at the cinema, but now I'm looking at my calendar to see if a viewing is compatible with my other commitments!

nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 10th April 2024, 04:11 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

nosferatu42 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!