Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th September 2018 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 588971)
So yeah, I cannot praise this enough. Sure when it was was originally broadcasted I was only 4 months old, but it is such a fascinating piece of horror drama that still stands strong. Oren Peli can suck it.
Anyway I'm not going to go into the plot a lot (presumably most members have seen it - on the original night of broadcast). But essentially its a crew head to a house to investigate paranormal happenings.
The fact that that the BBC banned it kinda shows how effective it was with the public - my mum and dad found it to be a giant pile of shit but ah well.
And that's how you start a horror marathon. Something great before it all falls apart.

I didn't think it was anywhere near as good knowing what happens when i bought the dvd several years back. Only watched it once then got rid of it.

However i did see it live on transmission and thought it a devastating piece of drama. I vividly recall Mike Smith in hysterics shouting "That's my wife in there" as all the shit hit the fan.

bleakshaun 27th September 2018 08:10 PM

Cabin Fever
A group of teenagers head to a cabin for a fun weekend, they get harassed by a man whose skin is rotting. They burn him after he attacks them and pukes up blood but unfortunately he falls in the Reservoir which supplies the cabin with water.
How it starts off is almost like a horror comedy which is a shame considering that this could've been a really strong and slow burning horror film. Unfortunately it just comes off at times as just unfunny.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Demoncrat 27th September 2018 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 588943)
Starting my October marathon early with Ghostwatch

:hail:

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th September 2018 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 589043)
Cabin Fever
A group of teenagers head to a cabin for a fun weekend, they get harassed by a man whose skin is rotting. They burn him after he attacks them and pukes up blood but unfortunately he falls in the Reservoir which supplies the cabin with water.
How it starts off is almost like a horror comedy which is a shame considering that this could've been a really strong and slow burning horror film. Unfortunately it just comes off at times as just unfunny.

Is that the original or the remake?

I really like the original, the remake is fine also but if you are going to watch Cabin Fever then i see no point in watching the remake after the first viewing. If that makes sense.

Gothmogxx 27th September 2018 11:12 PM

Its that time of the year again! 2011 and 2017 were the two years I successfully accomplished the challenge without missing a horror a day. I aim to do so again this year. Last year was a blast (I never knew this thread existed though as I would've posted my Gallifrey Base reviews on here as well. Still least I found it now).

So last year I tried to watch a combination of films I haven't seen before and ones I have seen. In 2011 as well as the individual films, I also did a sequel-a-thon, watching all the Halloween movies. I also went to see Jigsaw at the Cinema. So this year, I'm mixing both years past elements up a bit. One franchise, some new ones I haven't seen, some old ones and THREE cinema trips. Here is this years challenge (# next to the ones I haven't seen)

The Mummy
The Mummy’s Hand #
The Mummy’s Tomb #
The Mummy’s Ghost #
The Mummy’s Curse #
Abbott and Costello Meet the Mummy #
Don’t Breathe #
The Last House on the Left (1972)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
Terror Train
REC
Re-Animator
Black Christmas (1976) #
Creep
Maggie #
A Bay of Blood
Scream
Evil Dead II: Dead By Dawn
A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
Dog Soldiers
Susperia #
The Thing (1982)
Tenebrae
Manhattan Baby #
Who Saw Her Die #
Rosemary’s Baby #
Pumpkinhead #
The Fog Remake # (I have been putting this off for 5 years deliberately, but the time has come)

And finally, I will be seeing the following at the cinema-

Halloween (1978)
Halloween (2018) #
Alien

I have some old classics in there that I enjoy (including 3 from last year: Terror Train, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Thing), a franchise (most of which I haven't seen: I was tempted to do the Halloween's again given the new one is upon us but (A) combined with The Mummy it takes up half of the list (B) I've already done that franchise (C) You only need to see the 1st one to see the new one and i'm watching both) some new films I haven't seen. A mix of the modern and the old, some Italian horror as well. Should be good.

bleakshaun 28th September 2018 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 589065)
Is that the original or the remake?

I really like the original, the remake is fine also but if you are going to watch Cabin Fever then i see no point in watching the remake after the first viewing. If that makes sense.

It was the original

bleakshaun 28th September 2018 08:12 PM

The Bay
On July 4th 2009, an outbreak of illness hit the small town of claridge, the main symptoms being boils and lesions, however things turn worst for the town when it reaches epidemic levels.
It is a found footage movie, however the approach the filmmakers took is enough (for me at least) to not be insufferable dull, an interesting premise to say the least and one define worth checking out.

trebor8273 28th September 2018 10:11 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mra9CKR2iLg

The usual high school types ( nerd, loner , jock etc) are throwing together when the teachers at there school start behaving strangely ,they soon find out they have been taking over by alien parasites. 7/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqbYOs_sE20

An enjoyable low budget German movie of the lovecraft story of the same name. 7/10

Now watching dream catcher.

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th September 2018 10:19 PM

I think i'll be starting my marathon with a sneaky watch of perhaps Halloween Resurrection on Sunday night...Just after the clock strikes midnight.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 29th September 2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 589180)
I think i'll be starting my marathon with a sneaky watch of perhaps Halloween Resurrection on Sunday night...Just after the clock strikes midnight.

I'd rather watch paint dry!