Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Nordicdusk 4th October 2019 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 612513)
Too much boob and not enough (any) dick :lol:

:pound::pound::pound:

I have no comeback to that :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th October 2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 612512)
Surely 10/10 then no ?

:lol::lol::lol:

That's what i thought. :woot:

Deadite 4th October 2019 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 612470)
Hope all is ok Deadite

Thanks to all. She might get to go home later today, so i expect my time will be split for a few days. Maybe i'll do a marathon to recover next week sometime!

Nordicdusk 4th October 2019 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 612516)
That's what i thought. :woot:

Great minds think alike :nod:

Or we are just perverts :lol:

MrBarlow 4th October 2019 04:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dracula:Prince of Darkness 1966.

After being dead for 10 years Count Dracula is revived by the blood of a man staying at his castle with wife, brother and sister in law.

Classic hammer's take on the Dracula story, this time Dracula played by Christopher Lee has no dialogue but that didn't stop him from being menacing as ever. Andrew Keir portrays Father Sandor, abbot at the Klienberg Monastery. Never been a big fan of Francis Mathews but in this film he plays the role of Charles and hapless hero pretty well. Phillip Latham stars as the butler/servant to Dracula Klove who seems to tower over everyone. Even though it was made 8 years after Horror of Dracula and two Dracula films released in between this is a decent follow up to the 1958 film.

Heisenberg 4th October 2019 05:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, wifey enjoyed My bloody Valentine (1981) so much the other day she wants to watch the 2009 remake this evening while the original is still fresh in her memory, so we'll be watching that tonight. I'm not counting that in my list so will have to flip a coin on which of these 2 to watch first, Fertile Ground or Death Valley - The revenge of Bloody Bill. I'll be honest, will go going into these totally blind these as have not seen any trailers or reviews, so have no expectations. They were given to me by a colleague at work who is a massive horror buff and he said they are worth a watch.

Attachment 219597

MrBarlow 4th October 2019 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heisenberg (Post 612526)
Well, wifey enjoyed My bloody Valentine (1981) so much the other day she wants to watch the 2009 remake this evening while the original is still fresh in her memory, so we'll be watching that tonight. I'm not counting that in my list so will have to flip a coin on which of these 2 to watch first, Fertile Ground or Death Valley - The revenge of Bloody Bill. I'll be honest, will go going into these totally blind these as have not seen any trailers or reviews, so have no expectations. They were given to me by a colleague at work who is a massive horror buff and he said they are worth a watch.

Attachment 219597

Fertile Ground is worth a watch :pop2:

nosferatu42 4th October 2019 06:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 612513)
Too much boob and not enough (any) dick :lol:

Attachment 219606

Happy now.:thumb:

MrBarlow 4th October 2019 06:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Boo 2005.

Four teenagers decide to spend some time in a abandoned psychaiatric hospital for a ghost hunt while a friend is inside setting up goofs.

This had potential of being decent ghost story film but lacked anything real going for it. Quarter way through it got messed up and didn't make any sense or did I miss something :confused:. Even though Dee Wallace was in it she has a total of 15 mins or so screen time, only thing that may make it good was some of the effects but that was about it.

Dave Boy 4th October 2019 06:16 PM

9.THE CAT AND THE CANARY (1939)
Atmospheric comedy with Bob Hope and Paulette Goddard.
Gale Sondergaard is once again on great form.

10.ISLE OF THE DEAD (1945)
Superb Val Lewton classic with Boris Karloff. Full of foreboding, this is one of the best for a Halloween viewing.

11.BLOOD OF THE VAMPIRE (1958)
Wrongly convicted Vincent Ball is sent to a hell of a prison and is used by Prison Warder Callistratus and his deformed assistant in his blood experiments on inmates. Barbara Shelley investigates..