Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Demoncrat 24th October 2019 08:48 PM

Is it because every other sequence saaaags under the expositinal weight?? Cough. Nonny's fun what with the channeling of the Siouxsie and that ...
:coffin:

Demoncrat 24th October 2019 08:58 PM

Ending the night with W^Z and Festen. Reviews to follow!!

Have decided on
Mordum &
TCM
For the actual night, as it was easier to type :skull::coffin:

MrBarlow 24th October 2019 10:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Satanic Rites Of Dracula 1973.

It's been two years since Lorrimer Van Helsing killed Dracula, Scotland Yard believe they have a case of vapirism and call in help to investigate the case.

Direct sequel to Dracula A.D. and the last of the Hammer Dracula movies, this seemed to be a bit different with Dracula hoping to release a plague on the city. Both Cushing and Lee do try to keep the film entertaining As well as Michael Coles returning as Inspector Murray. Joanna Lumley steps in as Jessica Van Helsing, who seems clever one minute and dim witted the next. There is nicely shots cinematography and tense moments added but the plot seemed a bit thin, but there is a good climatic ending to it.

MrBarlow 25th October 2019 12:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Amityville 3D 1983.

A reporter trying to debunk the haunted house in Long Island decides to buy it and prove that it was a hoax.

If the film makers had used a different house instead of trying to cash in on the name this would have been better, it was good but not great even though it was made on the story about Stephen Kaplan.

Tony Roberts plays the journalist and new home owner John Baxter, who with people he is connected to seem to die in mysterious ways. The effects seem to work and probably best viewed in the 3D format it was intended and the acting can seem a bit wooden at times and a small appearance by Meg Ryan.

MrBarlow 25th October 2019 02:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Night Of The Demons 1988.

A group of kids decide to have a halloween party at a old abandoned funeral home Hull House, aware of it's past they decide to have a past life seance awakening the demons.

Cheesy, laughable hocus pocus film that's still fun to watch from the 80s, that features the haunted house genre, the old gothic funeral home and not a desolate mansion. The acting may not be the best but do try to keep the characters entertaining and director's vision with the horror is brought by special effects creator Steve Johnson. It's good for it's laughs and a lot better than the remake (IMO).

Nordicdusk 25th October 2019 10:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 23

Attachment 220278

Two brothers are driving across country one to meet a girl he hopes to move their friendship to more than just that and the other tagging along for the ride after his brother bails him out of jail. One of them has the bright idea of hooking a CB radio up to the car first checking for cops and speed traps but then his mischievous side comes out and he decides to play a few pranks on the truckers answering his radio. They pretend one of them is a woman to lure in one of the lonely truckers but when Rusty Nail falls for the trap he is not willing to let it go until he hooks up with the "female" on the other end. The brothers laugh it off but after an altercation in a motel with another customer they plan to set him up and pretend the female is in room 17 while they are in to hear the drama. They get in touch with Rusty Nail again and tell him to meet her in room 17 but the next morning the joke has gone too far when the occupant in room 17 is found unconscious with his jaw ripped off. So begins a cat and mouse chase across the highways of America.

An entertaining film but not as intense as i would of liked from a film like this. The trucker was getting close then for no reason backing off then chasing them again and backing off once again it sort of felt like they didn't know where to take it or what to do. It had some moments that felt like it was building up to something but i felt like it never happened. The final showdown left me a little bit cold. Good but not great.

6/10

Im running a bit late writing up these day 24 should be up at lunch time.

Justin101 25th October 2019 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 614047)
30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 23

I definitely saw Joyride when it came out on VHS and I think I enjoyed it, but can't really remember anything about it apart from the cast :)

Nordicdusk 25th October 2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 614051)
I definitely saw Joyride when it came out on VHS and I think I enjoyed it, but can't really remember anything about it apart from the cast :)

My girlfriend loves it she always tells me to watch it. She wasn't impressed when i said it was only ok :skull:

Maybe she had be built up too much expecting more than it could offer so its all her fault :skull:

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th October 2019 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 614052)
My girlfriend loves it she always tells me to watch it. She wasn't impressed when i said it was only ok :skull:

Maybe she had be built up too much expecting more than it could offer so its all her fault :skull:

I really like Joyride as well.

The sequel is poor though so avoid that one.

Nordicdusk 25th October 2019 10:29 AM

I watched The Sentinel last night I'm still trying to take it in before i do a review or maybe I'm over thinking it :skull: