Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

MrBarlow 30th September 2021 11:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Vampire Lovers. 1970.

A seductive young member of the Karnstein family targets the beautiful and rich in 18th Century Germany.

They don't make films like these anymore and when they do it's generally a screw up, We have Ingrid Pitt in a dual role of Marcilla/Carmilla as the young seductress vampire who does take her kit of just a downer part of it was in the dark but does have another nice bath scene with her being naked. George Cole as the next target of the vampire and his daughter Madeline Smith and governess Kate O'Mara. Peter Cushing stars as the first family victim and still drives the stake through the heart.

Hammer Horror movies have always been entertaining with the Dracula and Vampire genre and still create a dark atmospheric scenery in the Karnstein estate shrouded with plenty gothic style that we love from the Hammer studio.

Attachment 236597

Next to watch Sleepaway Camp

MrBarlow 1st October 2021 01:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sleepaway Camp. 1983.

Traumatized at seeing her parents death, shy Angela who lives with her aunt and cousin is sent away to a summer camp where people seem to die in violent accidents.

We had, Madman, Friday 13th, The Burning and then this little gem, so glad I never went to any summer camps otherwise I would make sure nobody slept with these tales of horror :lol: Every good slasher horror does come with a good twist at the end but this has one twist that can be unforgettable, even I was like WTF the first time I watched it.

The acting is...well it was the 80s so that can be excused, Felissa Rose plays a good part as Angela who was scarred by a accident and is very closed in within herself, her aunt played by Desiree Gould, I have always found her to be annoying and creepy at the same time. The killings are done decently even with the kitchen cook's burning skin looked realistic kudos for the make up dept for that.

Attachment 236599

Might watch Vampire Circus next.

MrBarlow 1st October 2021 03:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Vampire Circus. 1972.

The town of Stetl run by a count who the townspeople believe to be a vampire and kill him. Years later as the town is stunned by a plague, a circus comes and soon the children begin to disappear and they believe the circus is involved.

This is one of the lesser talked about Vampire films from Hammer yet still needs to be watched, the acting in it is brilliant from Adrienne Cori as the circus troupe show lady, David Prowse as the strong man and Thorley Waters as the town's Master and of course Lana Ward as one of the troupe's vampire and Anthony Higgins.

It may be a bit cheesy towards the end with the fight and laughable but from the start it does have it's suspenseful moments and perfect setting for a gothic type horror set in early 19th Century and fare share of blood going about.

Attachment 236600

that's it for today, have a great day all

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st October 2021 03:47 PM

October 1st - In the small hours

2 Attachment(s)
Hammer House of Horror - Growing Pains

James Morton - What a cnut!

It's a terrific performance by Matthew Blakstad as the infuriatingly smug and polite James. He's so bloody annoying, not in a 'Bob'' annoying way, but in a want to punch him for his attitude way. Despite such a fine character Growing Pains is the least of the episodes in the 13 part series but is still overall a satisfying watch.

Halloween Resurrection (2002)

"Michael Myers. Born October 19th, 1957. Killed his older sister, October 31st, 1963. Killed three high school students, October 31st, 1978. Also killed three nurses and a paramedic, same night."

"Was believed to be dead, then killed four students, Hillcrest Academy, 1998. Has been missing, unheard of, last three years."

"Now he's back!"

I fully appreciate parts of this are piss poor but I still find this a fun and undemanding way to kick off October's Horror Marathon.

Justin101 1st October 2021 05:16 PM

I watched Resurrection for the first time in about 20 years last October, I agree, it's crap but there are some entertaining moments, Katie Sachoff for example, not so much Tyra Banks.

MrBarlow 1st October 2021 06:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Vampire In Venice. 1988.

Professor Catalano travels to Venice following a trail of the last known sighting of Nosferatu and plans to destroy him.

Here we have a film that went through three different directors Augusto Caminito, Maurizio Lucidi, Luigi Cozzi and one unpredictable actor Klaus Kinski who directed a few scenes. We all know Kinski's background at being a angry unorthodox actor who was meant to be in the same make up as the 1979 Nosferatu film and refused to do it. Christopher Plummer plays the Van Helsing Professor Catalano and Donald Pleasance as the local priest who seems out of sorts in this.

This is a oddball of a film, Nosferatu awakens by a seance and has a link to a young girl who helps him to arise from his sleep, he is able to manipulate the mind of those who are trying to kill him and bullets loaded with some form of acid can help them. The film may be all over the place but still entertaining.

Attachment 236608

Demoncrat 1st October 2021 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 660439)
Hammer House of Horror - Growing Pains

James Morton - What a cnut!

It's a terrific performance by Matthew Blakstad as the infuriatingly smug and polite James. He's so bloody annoying, not in a 'Bob'' annoying way, but in a want to punch him for his attitude way. Despite such a fine character Growing Pains is the least of the episodes in the 13 part series but is still overall a satisfying watch.

Halloween Resurrection (2002)

"Michael Myers. Born October 19th, 1957. Killed his older sister, October 31st, 1963. Killed three high school students, October 31st, 1978. Also killed three nurses and a paramedic, same night."

"Was believed to be dead, then killed four students, Hillcrest Academy, 1998. Has been missing, unheard of, last three years."

"Now he's back!"

I fully appreciate parts of this are piss poor but I still find this a fun and undemanding way to kick off October's Horror Marathon.

The comm on HR is hilarious D, recommended :nod::lol:

Demoncrat 1st October 2021 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 660423)
Vampire Circus. 1972.

The town of Stetl run by a count who the townspeople believe to be a vampire and kill him. Years later as the town is stunned by a plague, a circus comes and soon the children begin to disappear and they believe the circus is involved.

This is one of the lesser talked about Vampire films from Hammer yet still needs to be watched, the acting in it is brilliant from Adrienne Cori as the circus troupe show lady, David Prowse as the strong man and Thorley Waters as the town's Master and of course Lana Ward as one of the troupe's vampire and Anthony Higgins.

It may be a bit cheesy towards the end with the fight and laughable but from the start it does have it's suspenseful moments and perfect setting for a gothic type horror set in early 19th Century and fare share of blood going about.

Attachment 236600

that's it for today, have a great day all

This one has really grown on me (along with Hands Of The Ripper) so I will definitely be pulling them out during this month methinks!!!

Justin101 1st October 2021 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 660450)
The comm on HR is hilarious D, recommended :nod::lol:

I'm pretty sure my blu doesn't have the comm track, it's one of those budget American discs with the 2 other Miramax films on it. 3 films on one disc, cracking quality as you can imagine :lol: I want to hear it now ...

bleakshaun 1st October 2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 636482)
well I've done the same thing I did the past 2 years by watching Ghostwatch this evening. It still works as a piece of drama, just a shame I never saw it when it was originally broadcasted (I might have done though I was only 4 months old when it was on the beeb so I might have been awake bawling my head off). However from a millennial perspective it is a strong piece of drama and a great example of how less is more in horror.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....AC_SL1500_.jpg

3rd year in a row and still the same opinion.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st October 2021 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 660452)
I'm pretty sure my blu doesn't have the comm track, it's one of those budget American discs with the 2 other Miramax films on it. 3 films on one disc, cracking quality as you can imagine :lol: I want to hear it now ...

I almost bought that this year. Curse of, H20 and Resurrection isn't it.

I thought i'd play my old dvd's this year and see what they looked like.

Resurrection was okay upscaled.

Justin101 1st October 2021 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 660454)
I almost bought that this year. Curse of, H20 and Resurrection isn't it.

I thought i'd play my old dvd's this year and see what they looked like.

Resurrection was okay upscaled.

I imagine the blu isn't much better than the DVDs in this case. There isn't much choice out there though, hopefully they'll get better releases, I have Halloween '6' as a stand alone disc, but it's the producers cut, and despite what others think, I thought it was worse than the theatrical version.

trebor8273 1st October 2021 07:54 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnOs56Ap6L4

First watch last night was the witching time . A witch travels forward in time and haunts and slowly drives a composer mad too the point he will kill his wife, whom is having an affair with his best friend / doctor played by Ian McCulloch, we also have a small role for grandpa Trotter, which is the only other thing I've seen him in. Enjoyable and atmospheric with a bit of T & A on display.

Now watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dClKllEv5MU

Demoncrat 1st October 2021 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 660452)

It's the usual pompous director holding forth with his masterplan ... much like the comm for The Core (another favourite ... he thinks he's made a genuine classic)

ENJOY!

Demoncrat 1st October 2021 08:15 PM

"Fee Fi Fo Fum...." :loveeyes:

Starting my marathon with .....

Daisy Brown: How To Raise A Monster

A slight cheek as tis another of these webseries. :rolleyes::nod::pop2:
A tale as old as time, daddy invented a little pet for his daughter and the growing pains are noticeable . Shot in a very matter of fact fashion, it has kept me intrigued after a slightly shaky start. Mainly a series of vlogs, this isn't your usual jumpscare drivel.
I promise tomorrow's post will be an actual film ahem. :lol::nod:

MrBarlow 1st October 2021 08:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Patrick. 1978.

After the killing of his mother and lover, Patrick now in a comatose state can still cause mayhem for others by using telekinesis.

To have the main character give out that mile blank stare throughout the film is a unusual but effective idea and only communicate through spitting, not the best thing to do these days, again it's the 70s its passable. This may have a slow burn but it does help build up the characters in the film and every hospital does have that Nurse Ratched. This film never really appealed to me but has since grown on me but why did someone have to give it a horrible remake.

Attachment 236610

MrBarlow 1st October 2021 11:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Planet Terror. 2007.

A bio-hazard toxin is released into the atmosphere and a band of survivors stick together and escape the populated town of zombies.

For me this is a classic Grindhouse movie filled with plenty of gore that came from the mind of Robert Rodriguez that takes a nod to the 70s exploitation flicks that is a guilty pleasure. The acting isn't that bad and how many useless talents does Cherry have in this played by Rose McGowan. Tom Savini plays the deputy who can't fire a gun and when he does he hits the wrong people. Micheal Biehn plays another Sheriff (played a Sheriff previously in Cherry Falls). Jeff Fahey plays the local cafe owner who's barbecue meat is the best in Texas. Freddy Rodriguez as the local gun tooting hero who never misses his shot and Bruce Willis in a small role as the army Lieutenant who wants the toxin.

Attachment 236611

Demoncrat 1st October 2021 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 660461)
Patrick. 1978.

After the killing of his mother and lover, Patrick now in a comatose state can still cause mayhem for others by using telekinesis.

To have the main character give out that mile blank stare throughout the film is a unusual but effective idea and only communicate through spitting, not the best thing to do these days, again it's the 70s its passable. This may have a slow burn but it does help build up the characters in the film and every hospital does have that Nurse Ratched. This film never really appealed to me but has since grown on me but why did someone have to give it a horrible remake.

Attachment 236610

I love this. It has this vibe. See also the crazed Italian sequel for wildly differing reasons. i suggest alcohol and t'ing. :nod::nod::nod::lol::rolleyes::behindsofa:

MrBarlow 2nd October 2021 12:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Popcorn. 1991.

College students at a abandoned theater for a horror movie fest are being killed by a deranged masked wearing killer.

This may look like a low budget dim witted film yet it's the complete opposite even though the killer does do a homage to Leatherface and was probably ideas for different slasher movies. It's like a comedy horror or parody for past horror films that William Castle did during the screening of The Tingler nice touch. The acting is decent, the plot stays on the track from start to finish and gets better with every viewing.

Attachment 236612

MrBarlow 2nd October 2021 03:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
House On Haunted Hill. 1959.

A millionaire offers five strangers $10.000 to spend the night in a haunted house.

Why is this film still a classic, William Castle and Vincent Price made a good combination with this atmospheric chiller back in the day and yet never gets boring, just glad the remake wasn't a screw up. First time watched this in my early teens I just about crap myself with the suspense and tension. One that's a favorite.

Attachment 236613

That's it for now have a great Saturday, be safe with the weather :nod:

Justin101 2nd October 2021 04:58 PM

Dr. Terror’s House of Horrors (1965)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pr...zNxo90jgvvPMpA

Christopher Lee's face when Roy Castle slams the train door on him at the beginning is me every time I go to work on the bus :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd October 2021 05:01 PM

October 1st

2 Attachment(s)
Hell Night (1981)

I can understand if some think Hell Night a bit slow moving. For a slasher film there's very little gore but as a Gothic horror i think it works rather well despite it being a college hazing movie masquerading as a Gothic horror.

There's some delightful creeping round old dark houses scenes especially for lovely Linda Blair in her Victoriana low cut dress.

Whilst there's nothing particularly memorable about the film it's one i've always enjoyed and it's become a cozy 100 minutes of comfort viewing.

Whilst the 101 Films Blu-ray isn't the greatest 4K scan around it is substantially better than the old dvd. Although i didn't watch them there are over three and a half hours of interviews and documentaries on the disc.

Zombie Flesh Eaters (1979)

Lovely to finally see Lucio Fulci's classic zombie film in HD. For me it remains the benchmark in horror movie splatter thanks to Gino De Rossi's superb special effects work and Fabio Frizzo's memorably creepy score.

bleakshaun 2nd October 2021 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 660504)
Zombie Flesh Eaters (1979)

Lovely to finally see Lucio Fulci's classic zombie film in HD. For me it remains the benchmark in horror movie splatter thanks to Gino De Rossi's superb special effects work and Fabio Frizzo's memorably creepy score.

actually this is what i watched tonight myself. Shame there isn't too many zombie movies nowadays where zombies rise from the graves. but hey ho.

MrBarlow 2nd October 2021 07:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Awakening. 1980.

A archaeologist in Egypt uncovers a tomb of a Egyptian Queen, when he opens the tomb his wife goes into labour. When their daughter reaches her teen years they uncover that the spirit of the Egyptian queen has possessed the daughter.

This was a modern remake of Blood from The Mummy's Tomb based on the Bram Stoker novel, this time Charlton Heston takes the lead as the archaeologist. It's a nicely shot atmospheric film even though it may seem a bit slow it is entertaining right up to the climatic end. I have seen this once before in the late 80s early 90s and it is one I will happily watch again.

Attachment 236624

MrBarlow 2nd October 2021 09:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Evil. 1978.

A doctor rents a dilapidated mansion to use as a clinic, during the renovations the group begin to be tormented by a supernatural force.

This is one of those movies that disappeared for a while and resurfaced and a lot of people have seen it, I picked this up at a car boot sale for 50p-£1. a good few years ago, the guy said it was rubbish but wished me happy viewing and he was wrong. This may be low budget but certainly entertaining, good cast, atmospheric gothic type mansion and a decent finale to the film.

Attachment 236626

Demoncrat 2nd October 2021 11:09 PM

Boys From County Hell (2020, Chris Baugh)

A local legend proves to have some teeth left after all in this robust little tale. When a proposed bypass threatens a local landmark, the fun begins in earnest from the off. Decent enough. One mad bit left me gawping tbh. :nod:

Demoncrat 2nd October 2021 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 660516)
The Evil. 1978.

A doctor rents a dilapidated mansion to use as a clinic, during the renovations the group begin to be tormented by a supernatural force.

This is one of those movies that disappeared for a while and resurfaced and a lot of people have seen it, I picked this up at a car boot sale for 50p-£1. a good few years ago, the guy said it was rubbish but wished me happy viewing and he was wrong. This may be low budget but certainly entertaining, good cast, atmospheric gothic type mansion and a decent finale to the film.

Attachment 236626

How I love this mad mad mad movie. REWATCH. :nod:

MrBarlow 3rd October 2021 12:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
House By The Cemetery. 1981.

Dr Norman Boyle movies his family to a secluded house to finish the work for a colleague who was looking into the work of Dr. Freudstein and discover a secret in the basement.

Thank some one who invented the mute button when Bob screams, who really grabbed the cojones of the person to make them scream like that. The First of the Fulci film for this October fest, one that I have always appreciated since owning the Vipco VHS butchered edited version and was always thrilled to see the uncut version in it's glory.

Attachment 236629

MrBarlow 3rd October 2021 12:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The Legacy. 1978.

A American couple staying in England become stranded and are invited to a house, there they are met by other people and find out what the owner plans to do with the legacy of the house and grounds.

This is more suspense chiller rather than horror, mixed with unexplained deaths and possibly the supernatural but i'm adding it anyway cos this one did creep the...you know out of me when I was young. The acting is decently done from all, the twist how people seem to die around the group and suddenly they suffer the same fate, atmospheric creepy gothic mansion, what more do you want from a good 70s chiller.

Attachment 236630

MrBarlow 3rd October 2021 02:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The Theatre Bizarre. 2011.

Young girl Enola stays across from a abandoned theatre, one night the door is open and she goes in, at the stage is a puppet called Peg Poett who tells her tales of stories regarding the puppets on stage.

The Mother Of Toads: A couple travelling in France crosses path with a witch.

I Love You: A paranoid lover who pushes his partner to the brink falls under her anger.

Wet Dreams: A unfaithful husband having strange dreams can't blur the line between real and fantasy.

The Accident: The horrors of the world are shown through the eyes of a child involving death.

Vision Stains: A woman is able to see people's memories through stealing the fluid from her victims eyeballs.

Sweets: An obsession with sweets turns a couple's relationship very dark.

When you see the names Udo Kier, Catriona MacCaoll and Tom Savini you know you could be in for a good film, I forgot who directed the first segment and that can be ignored, these anthology tales all come with a good somewhat twist, even as the film goes on it does make you wonder what is happening to Enola sitting in the audience, decent and well crafted stories.

Attachment 236631

That's it for now, have a good day :)

Justin101 3rd October 2021 09:39 AM

Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (Halloween 6) (1995)

https://www.classic-monsters.com/wp-...oween-6_05.jpg

The first of the Miramax/Dimension Films Halloween sequels and the last to feature Donald Pleasance, who frankly doesn't look like he's in the best of health (he passed away between shooting and release) and with the baby faced Paul Rudd in his first "starring" role having previously been in Clueless.

It's all a bit of mess really. I watched the Theatrical version this time around and it's more cohesive than the 'Producer's Cut' which I had watched last time around. First of all Michael doesn't seem threatening and the mask looks weird. Then you have the story, which makes bugger all sense, I'm not going to go into the plot but it's a head scratcher.

However, it can be entertaining in places and it wasn't a waste of 90 minutes, a decent enough movie for early into the witching season, I'd probably be a bit more harsh on it if it was saved for THE night.

Candyman (2021)

I also watched the new Candyman film. The trailer left me confused, is it a remake? Is it a reboot? Technically it's a sequel, one of those retcon types that pretends like the other sequels didn't happen as we've seen plenty of time before in the past.

So, it was actually pretty good, not a patch on the original movie, but it has some great gore moments and some particularly nasty body horror. I think the story itself is what lets it down, the tale of an artist who had some critically acclaimed work in the past and can't seem to produce anything decent now, he hears about the Candyman myth and is instantly intrigued calling out his name 5 times and, well you know the rest.

Sorely missing Tony Todd but still worth a watch.

Frankie Teardrop 3rd October 2021 09:48 AM

HALLOWEEN HORROR BINGE ROUNDUP #1

31 days, how many movies? I don't know yet. Some I'll have seen, some I won't. Some will be 'classics', others drivel. But October's always a good excuse for a total binge. Kicking off with;

01/10/21

HAUNT – I’d steer clear of those ‘live action haunted house experience’ type things this Halloween, apparently they’re all run by psychos in weird masks. Illustrative of what happens to young persons trapped in genre-specific environments these days, ‘Haunt’ is a fairly standard run-through of all the tropes you might anticipate, although it’s bolstered by some nice atmosphere, visuals and imagery, all of which complement the expected moderate gore. Reasonably enjoyable, all told.

02/10/21

WRAITH – Charlie Sheen is burnin’ rubber in this none-more-eighties hotrodfest. He’s out for revenge against an evil gang whilst the soundtrack blares non-stop soft metal. The supernatural elements become clearer as the sequences involving fast cars recede. Pure cinematic junk food, but flavoursome nonetheless.

CONQUEST – My god, I’d forgotten how downright bizarre this one is. The film is blurry to the point of hallucination, a shit sub-Conan rip-off never truly seen, only ever half-glimpsed through the veil of a feverish dream. Faceless barbarians, laser arrows, hairy Morlocks ripping flesh, some dude on a quest that doesn’t make sense… leave it to Fulci, here at the pinnacle of his madness.

WICKED CITY – This manic, fx-heavy action horror from Tsui Hark features an overdose of sub-Carpenterian ‘The Thing’ type set pieces, although the vibe is probably more in tune with a caffeine-addled afternoon spent in a seventies Dr Who prop department that has been lit by people who do rock videos. At one point, someone seems to shag a pinball machine.

Wow, haven't done three in a row for ages. I'm tired now, I think I need to lie down...

Demoncrat 3rd October 2021 10:04 AM

... you deserve it sir :hail::hail::hail:

Conquest never fails to destabilise my equilibrium :nod::nod:

bleakshaun 3rd October 2021 02:31 PM

Zombie Flesh Eaters 2

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...i-3-poster.jpg

hahahaha, I couldn't take this seriously, I was just laughing throughout. Not a terrible film but not a good one either. The head in the fridge was the highlight for me.

Justin101 3rd October 2021 03:05 PM

I like that one it's fun, but if you thought that was bad wait until you watch the next one!

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd October 2021 03:07 PM

October 2nd

1 Attachment(s)
The Reckoning (2020)

Following the death of her husband from the plague, a young woman (Charlotte Kirk) is unjustly accused of being a witch when she spurns the sexual advances of the local squire (Steven Waddington). She is taken to the local town to await trial by the feared witch finder Judge Moorcroft (Sean Pertwee).

In a way Neil Marshall's The Reckoning is nothing new. There's nothing here you won't have seen in classier films such as Witchfinder General and The Devils and their pulpy cousins Mark of the Devil and The Bloody Judge.

The torture on show isn't as strong as those earlier films although there are one or two suitably toe curling acts of gruesomeness on offer including a man having his skull crushed by a horse and cart. The acting is decent all round (Even if Kirk did appear to wear remarkably hardy make up throughout). The sets and locations were top notch although they didn't exactly look like the north of England where the film is set and the prison set scenes were dingily atmospheric. It was a nice touch having the devil manifest itself to Kirk attempting to entice her to the ways of Satan, and very impressive he looked too, the great horned beast.

At 106 minutes the film is a little over long. (I seem to have said this about a few films recently) - It's a good half hour in before there's any accusation of witchcraft for example - but the final twenty minutes proved a gripping finale.

trebor8273 3rd October 2021 06:02 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZzsWCOdR0k

A classic anthology, a inspector from Scotland yard is sent too investigate the disappearance of a famous actor and is told of other strange things linked too the missing actors home.

First story we have a horror author ( Denholm Elliott) who moves into the house with his wife and starts writing his new novel but begins too see the killer from his novel.

Next Peter Cushing moves in and sees a waxwork of some one he once knew and is strangely drawing too it.

Third story Christopher Lee moves in with his young daughter and hires her a nanny, the nanny can't understand Lees strange behaviour towards his daughter .

Lastly Jon Pertwee plays a horror actor working on his new movie whom acquires a cloak supposedly from a vampire.

A enjoyable set of tales with the usual wrap around tale involving the inspector.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dClKllEv5MU

A early role for a pre terminator Linda Hamilton, who is part of a young couple whom end up in a town full of murderous children who have killed all the adults and worship what walks behind the rows. I can't watch this now with out thinking of this episode and especially this scene from South Park.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4RczR3fbZM

It's enjoyable enough but always enjoyed the two films that followed more with three being by favourite.

Now watching .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsYaPp3UDCw

MrBarlow 3rd October 2021 07:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Aenigma. 1987.

A girl in a comatose state after a prank gone wrong possesses the body of a new girl staying in her boarding school dorm room and exacts revenge.

I was never a fan of this one by Fulci but it has seem to grow on me quite a bit, another comatose patient like Patrick instead of telekinesis but more out of the body experience and some good deaths involved one using slugs and some good suspense set up and good cinematography by Luigi Ciccarese and a good background score by Carlo Maria Cordio.

Attachment 236635

trebor8273 3rd October 2021 07:44 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsYaPp3UDCw

Taking place not long after the first , the surviving children of Gatlin are taking in by a neighbour town, a reporter and his son enter the town and begin looking into the killings, but it's not long before the evil kids start worshipping he who walks behind the rows again and start another murder spree. More enjoyable than the first with more gore as two hilariously kills involving two old biddies. Bingo!

Now watching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x88fDPEzGEM

MrBarlow 3rd October 2021 09:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Vault Of Horror. 1973.

5 men enter a lift in a building all pushing the button for the same floor, they arrive at the basement with a table, food and drinks and one mentions it like being in a dream and begin to tell each other of their dreams.

Midnight Mess: A man tries to track his sister after the death of their father, he finds her in a town where people seem to be afraid to go out after dark and finds the reason why in a restraunt.

The Neat Job: A man marries a young woman, as the man is a neat freak and his wife isn't she soon understands what it can be like to be neat, clean and organised.

This trick Will Kill Ya: A magician and his wife are on holiday in India and come across a new trick shown to them and will do anything to get it, even if it means murder.

Bargain In Death: Greedy businessman has a plan to scam his insurance by faking his death and has his friend help him but goes pair shape with two medical students who look for a body for their studies.

Drawn and Quartered: A painter in Haiti is told his work has been sold at a high price without him getting a penny and sees the local witch doctor to help him get revenge that does not end well for him.

A nice little anthology from Amicus starring, Daniel Massey, Terry-Thomas, Curt Jurgens, Michael Craig and Tom Baker as the male leads who have weird, strange vivid dreams of death in different ways. There is a nice little nod from Michael Craig who is seen reading Tales From The Crypt. Even towards the end there is a nice little twist that at first had me surprised but at the end of the anthology films there is always that WTF ending.

Attachment 236637