Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

MrBarlow 5th October 2021 09:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Resident Evil: Afterlife. 2010.

Alice continues her journey to destroy Umbrella and finds survivors holded up in a prison looking for the same place she is Arcadia.

I remembered this got premiered on one of the movie channel and was shown constantly through out the day, think I watched it about two or three times just to make sure I didn't miss anything. Resident Evil 4 came out in 2005 and i'm sure the guys with sacks over their head had chainsaws not hammers or did I miss something in the game? Shawn Roberts plays Wesker and bit more realistic in this and close to looking like from the game, but this seemed to rely on more CGI than the previous films, it does have a good soundtrack.

Attachment 236691

J Harker 5th October 2021 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 660657)
Blair Witch (2016)

A distinctly average retread of the original Blair Witch Project. Director Adam Wingard basically failed to take in what made the first film a success - things that go bump in the night - bigger is not always better, Adam - and despite a lot more time frantically running round the supposed witch house, (which now appears the size of a blooming mansion) the film continues to annoy the shit out of me, especially as it ends exactly the same as The Blair Witch Project did.

Pumpkinhead (1988)

Stan Winston's terrific morality tale of a demon resurrected from hell by a witch to carry out vengeance is a horror classic that is often overlooked when it comes to 80's horror. Supremely atmospheric with fairytale like qualities and one of the greatest creature designs ever, Pumpkinhead is must see October viewing.

I have no interest in the Blair Witch update but your reviews have got me planning the original in the next few days. It's a film the missus and I saw in the cinema and during it we were both a little underwhelmed. However driving home that night it left a creepy feeling that didn't shake easy.
Pumpkinhead is one I haven't seen in years and always forget I even own. A rewatch is well overdue on both counts.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

MrBarlow 5th October 2021 10:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Resident Evil: Retribution. 2012.

Alice wakes up in Umbrella corporation facility that simulates outbreaks of the T-Virus using clones of her. She is found by Ada Wong who works for Wesker and tells her they are no longer part of Umbrella, with a team sent to rescue them, they are pursued by Jill Valentine who is controlled by the Red Queen.

Another Chapter in the R.E franchise that I wasn't keen on but after re-watching it, think this one will grow on me, Michelle Rodriguez, Oded Fehr, Colin Salmon and Sienna Guillory reprise their roles from the first two movies except Red Queen controls them and Kevin Durand and Johann Urb star as Barry and Leon. This was action pact end explosive but finally we see a zombie with a chainsaw. Nice background score by Tomandandy who did the score for the previous entry.

Attachment 236692

MrBarlow 6th October 2021 12:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Resident Evil. The Final Chapter. 2016.

Alice returns to Raccoon City for one final fight and save the population after she is told there may be a cure,

What a way to end a franchise, just when you think it's over and you are given a curve ball and no plans to make another follow up yet what we may get is a prequel and story behind the mansion. Watching these films back to back I can say they will be watched again I have enjoyed these better now than I did before. The acting, direction and cinematography just gets better and better.

Attachment 236693

Frankie Teardrop 6th October 2021 10:07 AM

HALLOWEEN HORROR BINGE ROUNDUP #2

3/10/21

THE CHURCH – Soavi breathes life into the lungs of moribund Italian gothed-up horror one last time with ‘The Church’, an icon-heavy tour de force of demon shagging fully invested with the sepulchral majesty that only a candle-lit cathedral with a massive crypt can supply. That said, the weirdest bit is when a kid starts playing the trombone for no discernible reason.

IT FOLLOWS – A VD phantasm will stop at nothing to do bad things to the lads and lasses in this superlative supernatural coming-of-age flick. Kind of like Larry Clark meets Gregory Crewdson, ‘It Follows’ wallows in an atmosphere of melancholy that feels as autumnal and adrift as the final suburbs of adolescence. I never tire of this dreamy, nightmarish, superb film.

4/10/21

TENEBRAE – Murder baroque with Argento’s stylistic ad absurdum, which veers from swish camera moves to red stiletto shoes with a bit of stumpy arterial spray thrown in. I must say I’m quite enjoying revisiting these old chestnuts. The best bit is that minutes-long glide over the tiles on a roof – how did the man get away with it?

THE HUNGER – The longest Chanel advert ever made by eighties goths. Diaphanous curtains billow through the haze as slow-motion doves lose their feathers and it’s all so symbolic… etc. Only ever as deep as a music video, but it’s flooded with such glacial, eerie ambience that I love it. It’s not all snakebite and black, though – Bela Lugosi’s dead.

5/10/21

BLOODY NEW YEAR – Walks the tightrope between ‘ineffectual’ and ‘bizarre’, then thankfully plumets into the latter territory and becomes a sad Butlins-based 80s UK ‘Evil Dead’ rip-off. There’s some stuff in the background about a timewarp, plus an undead pilot who at some point explodes for no reason at all. And check out that good time rock ‘n’ roll.

MrBarlow 6th October 2021 04:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Witchtrap. 1989.

A team of parapsychologists a team three man security team investigate a so called haunted house.

Daft 80s cheese fest yet it's still enjoyable, the script might not be the greatest but when you see Linnea Quigley in her glory certainly makes the film worth while to watch. This is one of those films that when released did the Kevin Tenney intend for it to be a pure horror or just a somewhat comical horror it is now, make-up and practical effects are still holding up good.

Attachment 236703

I'm gonna make a start on Nightmare On Elm St films

Demoncrat 6th October 2021 04:53 PM

Salem's Lot (1979, Tobe Hooper)

Hutch finds more than street punks are threatening his hometown on his return.
Never really noticed Mason's reticence during "the first half" (yes, it's the whole thing ahem) but it was a small thing. Watching it from a foot away led to some squeaking from this demon ahem.
Still works. Burn the Rob Lowe one. :nod::nod::nod::nod:

Demoncrat 6th October 2021 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop (Post 660730)
HALLOWEEN HORROR BINGE ROUNDUP #2

3/10/21

THE CHURCH – Soavi breathes life into the lungs of moribund Italian gothed-up horror one last time with ‘The Church’, an icon-heavy tour de force of demon shagging fully invested with the sepulchral majesty that only a candle-lit cathedral with a massive crypt can supply. That said, the weirdest bit is when a kid starts playing the trombone for no discernible reason.

IT FOLLOWS – A VD phantasm will stop at nothing to do bad things to the lads and lasses in this superlative supernatural coming-of-age flick. Kind of like Larry Clark meets Gregory Crewdson, ‘It Follows’ wallows in an atmosphere of melancholy that feels as autumnal and adrift as the final suburbs of adolescence. I never tire of this dreamy, nightmarish, superb film.

4/10/21

TENEBRAE – Murder baroque with Argento’s stylistic ad absurdum, which veers from swish camera moves to red stiletto shoes with a bit of stumpy arterial spray thrown in. I must say I’m quite enjoying revisiting these old chestnuts. The best bit is that minutes-long glide over the tiles on a roof – how did the man get away with it?

THE HUNGER – The longest Chanel advert ever made by eighties goths. Diaphanous curtains billow through the haze as slow-motion doves lose their feathers and it’s all so symbolic… etc. Only ever as deep as a music video, but it’s flooded with such glacial, eerie ambience that I love it. It’s not all snakebite and black, though – Bela Lugosi’s dead.

5/10/21

BLOODY NEW YEAR – Walks the tightrope between ‘ineffectual’ and ‘bizarre’, then thankfully plumets into the latter territory and becomes a sad Butlins-based 80s UK ‘Evil Dead’ rip-off. There’s some stuff in the background about a timewarp, plus an undead pilot who at some point explodes for no reason at all. And check out that good time rock ‘n’ roll.

Sir, I applaud thee :hail::laugh::hail::pop2::nod:

MrBarlow 6th October 2021 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 660745)
Salem's Lot (1979, tobe Hooper)

Hutch finds more than street punks are threatening his hometown on his return.
Never really noticed Mason's reticence during "the first half" (yes, it's the whole thing ahem) but it was a small thing. Watching it from a foot away led to some squeaking from this demon ahem.
Still works. Burn the Rob Lowe one. :nod::nod::nod::nod:

I kinda like the 2004 version, but as usual that is getting another remake along with The Tommyknockers.

trebor8273 6th October 2021 06:14 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBV125UHJ2k

A enjoyable piece of 80s cheese about a woman whom becomes terrorised by a evil spirit after using a Ouija board and those around her meet terrible and bloody end. Some good gore and kills the acting might not be the best but it's a easy 90 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEowFhZDtLA

A small town including a woman ,her son and a a baby is terrorised by a family of cannibals who as killing and eating those they come across are still baby's to add too there clan. The acting and direction might not be the best but everyone tries their best and it's very gory and violent , if the woman is supposed too be even more violent it will take some doing!

Now watching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8YKJkYu37Y

MrBarlow 6th October 2021 06:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A Nightmare On Elm Street. 1984.

A slain child murderer who was killed by the parents of the victims comes back through the nightmares on teenagers.

This is how you do a horror, yeah we have all had nightmares jumping out of bed and screaming our lungs out but these kids have a good reason to when you got a burned faced killer chasing you. Robert Englund made this character his own and imho the remake can live long and suck it.

Wes Craven knew what he was doing and what effects he wanted for this and still hold up, still get that nerving feeling of hearing the fingers scraped along the metal like nails on a chalkboard and a good decent background score.

Attachment 236705

trebor8273 6th October 2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 660752)
A Nightmare On Elm Street. 1984.

A slain child murderer who was killed by the parents of the victims comes back through the nightmares on teenagers.

This is how you do a horror, yeah we have all had nightmares jumping out of bed and screaming our lungs out but these kids have a good reason to when you got a burned faced killer chasing you. Robert Englund made this character his own and imho the remake can live long and suck it.

Wes Craven knew what he was doing and what effects he wanted for this and still hold up, still get that nerving feeling of hearing the fingers scraped along the metal like nails on a chalkboard and a good decent background score.

Attachment 236705

A true classic , the sleepless nights this gave me as kid .

bleakshaun 6th October 2021 06:54 PM

Theatre of Blood

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...loodposter.jpg

So much fun to sit and watch this after a long and hard day. So easy now to see how this inspired Psychoville and League of Gentlemen.

MrBarlow 6th October 2021 08:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A Nightmare On Elm St Part 2: Freddy's Revenge. 1985.

Teen Jesse has moved into the house that Nancy lived in and now begins to be tormented by Freddy who wants to possess his body so he can continue his killing spree in the real world.

The makers tried to do something else with this, first appeared in dreams now he is still in the dreams but Freddy wants to enter the real world by possession. the film does have a nod towards the sexual orientation of people and make the character to appear gay or confused. No disrespect to anyone who is LGBTC, hey your blood is the same as mine why shouldn't we be equals, suppose back in the 80s it was different, this is a solid sequel with good acting and decent effects. The critics who watched this back then should watch it now and see if they still feel the same.

Attachment 236709

Demoncrat 6th October 2021 09:33 PM

VHS 94 (2021, Various)

It's amazing what they can do on screen nowadays isn't it?
Keep that in mind.
Some fun here but I didn't think it would be possible to make a worse film than that 3rd one, but never say never :laugh:
The pandering didn't help either.

Now I'm putting on Zoombies :nod::lol::pop2:

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th October 2021 09:52 PM

October 5th

1 Attachment(s)
House of 1000 Corpses (2003)

Rob Zombies grimy debut feature is a grizzled homage to the bygone era of Grindhouse cinema, referencing the likes of Tobe Hooper classics The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) and 81's The Funhouse. However it's also a homage to classic horror as we witness scenes from Universal classics such as The Wolf Man (1941) and House of Frankenstein (1944) all thrust into the insanity of the Firefly family's chamber of horrors.

Seeing this for the first time on Blu-ray was pretty awesome. The cinematography is superb as is the mind bending use of film stocks and random weird clips that assault the viewer every so often, such as Sheri Moon sticking her tongue into a rotting corpse's mouth, however these film stocks make zero use of high definition, picture wise anyway.

Speaking of the cinematography. That scene where Bill Moseley's Otis has Walton Goggin's sheriff on his knees with a gun to his head. We wait for the shot to ring out. It doesn't. Zombie edges his camera out still focusing on the pair, again nothing. It's not until we get a birds eye view before the inevitable finally happens. It's a sequence that takes about thirty seconds to play out and seems like an eternity.

Terrific stuff. House of 1000 Corpses is must see October viewing for me.

MrBarlow 6th October 2021 09:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A Nightmare On Elm, St Part 3: Dream Warriors. 1987.

Nancy returns to Springwood, this time she is now working in a psychiatry hospital helping teens who have encountered Freddy in their dreams.

"Welcome to Prime Time, Bitch", never gets old hearing that, this is one of the better sequels of the franchise, Heather Langenkamp and John Saxon return as the same characters from the first film. This time Chuck Russell is at the healm at the director seat and is able to deliver pure horror. The effects in this are far better especially with Phillip's death and being used as a puppet and Jennifer meeting a t.v. screen. The acting is on top form from everyone and a great song by Dokken.

Attachment 236714

Justin101 6th October 2021 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 660768)
House of 1000 Corpses (2003)

Terrific stuff. House of 1000 Corpses is must see October viewing for me.

I thought you would have saved this for the 30th or the 31st!

I must admit I didn't think that this film would benefit from an HD transfer but I was wrong, the blu looks great!

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th October 2021 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 660771)
I thought you would have saved this for the 30th or the 31st!

I must admit I didn't think that this film would benefit from an HD transfer but I was seeing, the blu looks great!

If i left it so late i wouldn't have time for The Devil's Rejects and 3 From Hell.

Although strictly speaking they should be November films seeing as they take place after the first film which is set on 30/31st October.

MrBarlow 6th October 2021 11:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A Nightmare On Elm St Par 4: The Dream Master. 1988.

After the events of the psychiatric hospital, Kristen, Joey and Kincaid are back to leading a normal life, Kristen still thinks Freddy is alive and still able to pull people into her dreams. Freddy comes back and Kristen pulls her friend ALice into her dreams, now Alice must face Freddy.

This seems to get a lot of flack for being the weakest yet it was the highest grossing film of the franchise maybe everyone was thinking it would top the previous film, think the makers may have failed on some part.

Tuesday Knight who played Kirsten and sang the main song replaces Patricia Arquette, they should have promised her more money or negotiated something to get her to come back. Rodney Eastman and Ken Sagose return as Joey and Kincaid but not for long. Lisa Wilcox makes her entry as Alice as a hit or a miss due to looking the the shy girl who changes of the course of the film to a bad ass. Robert Englund is always Freddy and seems to be quick with some jokes than can generate a grin or a smirk. Enjoyable enough,

Attachment 236719

MrBarlow 7th October 2021 01:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A Nightmare on Elm St Part 5: The dream Child. 1989.

Alice and Dan graduating from High School and Alice is pregnant, Freddy has found a way to come back through her unborn baby.

Director Stephen Hopkins did try to bring the franchise back but exec heads gave him four weeks to film and four weeks to edit and here's what we have, a bit of a mess, like number 3 Amanda Krueger gives a bit of detail, here we see what happened which was a nice touch to the background of Freddy this just seemed a rush job but does have decent kills in it, give a guy a job and let him work the magic executives, not a quick job.

Attachment 236725

MrBarlow 7th October 2021 02:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare. 1991.

With the children of Springwood dead, Freddy hunts for fresh meat, when a social worker has a John Doe land on her door step, she decides to go back with him and three others to the town and uncovers a connection she has to Freddy.

Always remember this got some hype when it arrived on cinema about the 3D experience then the tapes with the paper 3D glasses i'm sure we all remember that did very little at times. Even with Yaphet Kotto, Alice Cooper Roseanne Barr and Tom Arnold making a small cameo role it didn't help this one bit, for me this was more comical than anything. Yeah it had a good outline but failed miserably. I am not daft on New Nightmare but may give it a watch at some point.

Attachment 236731

Im off to my :coffin: take care all.

Graveyard 7th October 2021 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 660773)
A Nightmare On Elm St Par 4: The Dream Master. 1988.

After the events of the psychiatric hospital, Kristen, Joey and Kincaid are back to leading a normal life, Kristen still thinks Freddy is alive and still able to pull people into her dreams. Freddy comes back and Kristen pulls her friend ALice into her dreams, now Alice must face Freddy.

This seems to get a lot of flack for being the weakest yet it was the highest grossing film of the franchise maybe everyone was thinking it would top the previous film, think the makers may have failed on some part.

Tuesday Knight who played Kirsten and sang the main song replaces Patricia Arquette, they should have promised her more money or negotiated something to get her to come back. Rodney Eastman and Ken Sagose return as Joey and Kincaid but not for long. Lisa Wilcox makes her entry as Alice as a hit or a miss due to looking the the shy girl who changes of the course of the film to a bad ass. Robert Englund is always Freddy and seems to be quick with some jokes than can generate a grin or a smirk. Enjoyable enough,

Attachment 236719

This was the first nightmare I saw - didn't slept for a week :lol:

On topic:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/gREAA...~py/s-l400.jpg

Did anyone saw this? This was good, saw the trailer a couple of months ago and it look like another "spirit/ghost" movie, but that 3rd act is complete bonkers 100% recommend

MacBlayne 7th October 2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graveyard (Post 660815)
This was the first nightmare I saw - didn't slept for a week :lol:

On topic:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/gREAA...~py/s-l400.jpg

Did anyone saw this? This was good, saw the trailer a couple of months ago and it look like another "spirit/ghost" movie, but that 3rd act is complete bonkers 100% recommend

Doesn't come until November in Japan. I'm looking forward to it.

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th October 2021 05:28 PM

October 6th

1 Attachment(s)
Interview with the Vampire (1994)

Two sequences always stand out for me above all the rest when watching the excellent Interview with the Vampire.

Probably the film's most striking sequence is the Theatre des Vampire show in Paris, where a coven of vampires carries out daily sacrificial rites in front of an audience. Director Neil Jordan stages this brilliantly and a feeling of dread overcomes the viewer as it doesn't take long to realize what exactly is going to happen. As Brad Pitt's Louis smiles to Claudia (the superb Kirsten Dunst), a vampire in the body of a child, 'Vampires pretending to be humans pretending to be vampires'. The way the coven swarm over the naked girl like rats, very creepy.

Also what a sublime final scene Neil Jordan gives the film. It's a perfect example of how to use a song - Guns N' Roses performing Symphony for the Devil - to close a movie. It's up there with The Devil's Rejects and Freebird for me with the beautiful free flowing camera movement out of the car as Tom Cruise's Lestat clicks play on the car stereo, with the camera fluidly circling around the Golden Gate Bridge and finally over the city as dawn breaks...

...Just one thing. Lestat had better drive fast. Sun and vampires don't really go. Claudia will attest to that.

A perfect way to end a near perfect movie.

Justin101 7th October 2021 05:35 PM

I love the bit where Louis and Lestat discover that Claudia had been hiding a body in her bed. I also love the part when she tricks Lestat into drinking dead blood from the young boys.

Love this film!

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th October 2021 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 660830)
I love the bit where Louis and Lestat discover that Claudia had been hiding a body in her bed. I also love the party when she tricks Lestat into drinking dead blood from the young boys.

Love this film!

They basically tell her not to shit where she eats don't they. :lol:

That's pretty gruesome. The way she picks Lestat up then slices his throat. It's a fantastic effect.

The Blu-ray wasn't the greatest example i didn't think. Well lit scenes look terrific but other darker sequences appear quite soft at times. It could do with a 4K restoration.

The 5:1 TrueHD soundtrack was also quite subtle. Made me think it was probably originally a two channel stereo track when it originally was made.

Justin101 7th October 2021 05:51 PM

It's screaming out for a remaster, a lot of those early releases which looked good 10-12 years ago don't look great by today's standards.

Dave Boy 7th October 2021 06:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 236739
HELLRAISER (1987)

Great stuff. Some horrific images in this movie. The scene where Frank comes back from under the floor boards still looks awesome.

Attachment 236740
REPULSION (1965)

Good psychological horror. When her sister leaves her alone while she goes on holiday, Catherine Deneuve sinks deeper and deeper in to depression and has nightmarish visions including rape which lead to murder. Great final scene although nothing matches the first time you see it.

Attachment 236741
THE INVISIBLE MAN (1933)

Hugely enjoyable Universal horror. The first scene where Griffin enters the tavern are great, he looks rally creepy. The effects are superb for the time and the movie rattles along with a mixture of sci-fi horror amd humourous moments.

Attachment 236742
THE PREMATURE BURIAL (1966)

Atmospheric movie in Roger Corman's 'Poe' cycle of films.
Now, if only I could get the gravediggers whistling tune out of my head!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th October 2021 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 660828)
Interview with the Vampire (1994)

Also what a sublime final scene Neil Jordan gives the film. It's a perfect example of how to use a song - Guns N' Roses performing Symphony for the Devil - to close a movie. It's up there with The Devil's Rejects and Freebird for me with the beautiful free flowing camera movement out of the car as Tom Cruise's Lestat clicks play on the car stereo, with the camera fluidly circling around the Golden Gate Bridge and finally over the city as dawn breaks...

When I first saw this (on video when I was 15), I thought Sympathy for the Devil was a new song by Guns N' Roses, written specifically for the film. It was only when I mentioned it to my dad and he said something like "Ooh ooh… ooh ooh" that I wondered why he knew it – he then said it was a Rolling Stones song.

As you said, it's a great way to end the film, one that is long overdue a rewatch.

bleakshaun 7th October 2021 06:39 PM

Malatesta's Carnival of Blood

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...l_of_Blood.jpg

A very strange film to say the least. I actually didn't think I would enjoy this, especially at the start I felt it was a bit too slow. But it did pick up for me. Very jarring as a viewing experience but one to try out at least.

trebor8273 7th October 2021 06:57 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D4wwf9R4lg

A completely bonkers werewolf film, that follows a young female werewolf who runs away from home and falls in love, and becomes a target for the CIA , we have werewolf nuns, a ballerina werewolf and all sorts of silliness. The acting might not be the best and the effects go from good to something from a costume shop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAPErVZ-5e0

It had some great effects but found most of the characters apart from the criminal to be unlikable and boring and what was up with the camera it was all over the place at times , swirling and swinging around to the point I felt sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZdrAqH78l8

While not the best horror comedy and about as scary as Scooby Doo,it's enjoyable enough in its way. As we follow Elvira as she heads too a small town to collected her inheritance in the hope see will get money to fund her. Las Vegas show, but the town's people went her out and her uncle who just happens to be a evil warlock is after powerful spellbook.

Next it's time too wear a bowler hat,drink some milk and enjoy some ultraviolance. (Does it really count as a horror?)

MrBarlow 7th October 2021 07:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was meant to be staff training tonight but it's been cancelled at the last minute and went through my phone to see what I downloaded and started with this.

Xtro II: The Second Encounter. 1991.

Scientists under Military orders discover a dimension and go through it only for them to release a alien.

Harry Bromley Davenport had the rights to the name but not the creative side and was given this to do, this has nothing to do with the previous which for me is a masterpiece. This is like finding a door, going through it discovering something unknown and coming back with a parasite attached to you, bit of a Alien rip-off. Airwolf star Jan-Michael Vincent is in this and can tell he wasn't really enthusiastic about being in a horror film but suppose we do strange things for money.

Being in a somewhat underground bunker, there could be, tension, suspense and a feel of claustrophobia like with other films set in a enclosed spaces, the film lacks that atmosphere, one good thing about the film is the background score, I know I watched a few crap films recently and a bit apprehensive about Xtro 3 but here goes.

Attachment 236746

MrBarlow 7th October 2021 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 660846)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D4wwf9R4lg

A completely bonkers werewolf film, that follows a young female werewolf who runs away from home and falls in love, and becomes a target for the CIA , we have werewolf nuns, a ballerina werewolf and all sorts of silliness. The acting might not be the best and the effects go from good to something from a costume shop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAPErVZ-5e0

It had some great effects but found most of the characters apart from the criminal to be unlikable and boring and what was up with the camera it was all over the place at times , swirling and swinging around to the point I felt sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZdrAqH78l8

While not the best horror comedy and about as scary as Scooby Doo,it's enjoyable enough in its way. As we follow Elvira as she heads too a small town to collected her inheritance in the hope see will get money to fund her. Las Vegas show, but the town's people went her out and her uncle who just happens to be a evil warlock is after powerful spellbook.

Next it's time too wear a bowler hat,drink some milk and enjoy some ultraviolance. (Does it really count as a horror?)

I would say that's more science fiction crime rather than horror unless you feel upset about the nature of the film then yeah it can be seen as horrific.

Graveyard 7th October 2021 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 660847)
I was meant to be staff training tonight but it's been cancelled at the last minute and went through my phone to see what I downloaded and started with this.

Xtro II: The Second Encounter. 1991.

I know I watched a few crap films recently and a bit apprehensive about Xtro 3 but here goes.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/70853852.jpg

trebor8273 7th October 2021 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 660848)
I would say that's more science fiction crime rather than horror unless you feel upset about the nature of the film then yeah it can be seen as horrific.

Might just save it for after marathon might even watch around Xmas. Only seen it once and found it disturbing and bonkers at the same time!

MrBarlow 7th October 2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graveyard (Post 660850)

As Magnus Magnusson said on Mastermind, "I have started so I may as well finish". :lol:

trebor8273 7th October 2021 07:27 PM

Will save Clockwork Orange for another night and probably have a Kubrick double bill with The Shinning.

Now watching The Woman.

MrBarlow 7th October 2021 08:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Xtro 3: Watch The Skies. 1995.

A group of marines travel to a deserted island to diffuse bombs and encounter a alien species.

" He started so he may as well finish"...words that will be etched onto my tombstone unless I die during sex then it be "he came and went at the same time"...back to topic, did I miss something? how did the alien get there...oh yeah it crashed landed hint run, it looks like Paul (2011 film) in a very upset mood and is able to be a chameleon like Predator...another rip-off from a movie. What ever happened to the original alien from the first one, take it that was a one time only appearance, that alien was original and creative. The acting was bit dull and the plot was just daft. Take Graveyard's and my advice Run Fast Run Far from this, save your sanity people, watch something that's better than this.

Attachment 236747

trebor8273 7th October 2021 09:32 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCNS0Gc9Rmg

A slower burner compared too The offspring. Here the woman the surviving cannibal of the first movie, is captured by a man who wants to civilize her with his family, but we soon learn he has no respect for women including his wife and two daughters and his perverted son is no better .

Plays out like some ****ed up My fair lady until the woman is free and gets her bloody revenge , which has my favourite scene when she kills the little shit of a son in very gruesome manner which he deserved 120%.

Excellent well acted and directed . Looking forward too Darlin which just bought. Unlike the offspring you are rooting for the woman .