Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th March 2010, 07:07 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by |cy View Post
Great list, thanks.
Seen/own a few of those but the majority of those I've never heard of.

What's Terror Compilation vol 1 & 2 out of interest?
terror compilation vol 1 & 2 are a compiliation of short films by both Timo Rose & Jens Maassman.

some more tiles for the list

the butcher
the butcher 2
the butcher 3
noctem
monstrak
flashback
german chainsaw massacre ( in desparate need of a dvd release)
k7b mutation
mutation 2
mutation 3
mutation annihiliation
requiem der teuful
berlin snuff
Old 8th March 2010, 07:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LineSix View Post
How do X-Rated Kult get their stuff released when most films seem to either be banned or heavily cut in Germany? And I think Bethmann himself is based in Germany.
In short (though things are far more complicated and weird): As the German constitution "prohibits" censorship (in fact: state censorship prior to release, publication etc) "Unrated" releases are legal to be sold and distributed (though unlikely to get offered in normal shops and family rental stores) UNTIL the German "youth protectors" find something to moan about and put the films on their "Index of Restricted Movies" (more than often these days with a recommendation to a court to consider a ban of the title in question).
So Bethmann, Ittenbach etc usually sell their films in "bulletproof" "FSK approved" (and chopped to pieces) versions for the German sellthrough and rental market AND in uncut "export" versions , which can be sold and ordered via Austria, Switzerland...
There are also stores or movie fairs in every bigger German city, which sell these movies- but those shops have to be restricted to enter for "adults only"- and they do get visits from the authorities from time to time....

Another film to add:

"Hunting Creatures"
Old 8th March 2010, 07:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Neal View Post
In short (though things are far more complicated and weird): As the German constitution "prohibits" censorship (in fact: state censorship prior to release, publication etc) "Unrated" releases are legal to be sold and distributed (though unlikely to get offered in normal shops and family rental stores) UNTIL the German "youth protectors" find something to moan about and put the films on their "Index of Restricted Movies" (more than often these days with a recommendation to a court to consider a ban of the title in question).
So Bethmann, Ittenbach etc usually sell their films in "bulletproof" "FSK approved" (and chopped to pieces) versions for the German sellthrough and rental market AND in uncut "export" versions , which can be sold and ordered via Austria, Switzerland...
There are also stores or movie fairs in every bigger German city, which sell these movies- but those shops have to be restricted to enter for "adults only"- and they do get visits from the authorities from time to time....

Another film to add:

"Hunting Creatures"
Is that why they often re-release the films with different titles, to fool the authorities?

Can someone tell me if Hunting Creatures is the film Hardgore released over here as Hunting Humans?

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 8th March 2010, 07:52 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
Is that why they often re-release the films with different titles, to fool the authorities?

Can someone tell me if Hunting Creatures is the film Hardgore released over here as Hunting Humans?
Nah. Different film mate.
Old 8th March 2010, 09:26 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex s View Post
german chainsaw massacre ( in desparate need of a dvd release)
Can't post the link (need 15 posts apparently!) but there's a "The German Chainsaw Massacre" aka Das Deutsche Kettensägen Massaker on amazon.co.uk.

Is this the one, or something different?
Old 8th March 2010, 09:30 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Can't post the link (need 15 posts apparently!) but there's a "The German Chainsaw Massacre" aka Das Deutsche Kettensägen Massaker on amazon.co.uk.

Is this the one, or something different?
Looks like it to me.
Old 8th March 2010, 09:40 PM
Cult Rookie

Good to see its available, though its not top of my list to buy.

Strangely doesn't show up on the BBFC site when searching, either.
Old 8th March 2010, 09:52 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Good to see its available, though its not top of my list to buy.

Strangely doesn't show up on the BBFC site when searching, either.
It seems like it's a grey-market release to me. Amazon have it listed as a German released PAL R0 DVD from a studio I've never heard of called 'FilmGalerie', which on further inspection looks like it actually may be a reputable company. They have a site here. Looks like the titles are released in Germany, but Amazon are selling some of the titles on their UK site.
Old 8th March 2010, 10:29 PM
Cult Rookie

Hmm interesting. Even though amazon lists the "18" rating, I'm guessing the BBFC haven't caught sight of it then.

Cheers for the info
Old 9th March 2010, 03:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
Good observation. That is indeed quite often the case, but was even worse in the 90's when a lot of "uncut version" grey market/bootleg VHS releases of the "banned in Germany" titles did the rounds- with some of them even sneaking into average video stores, before they got banned under their "new" titles yet again...and so on.

Like this? Share it using the links below!