Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   Just how do YOU organize yours? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/2185-just-how-do-you-organize-yours.html)

Daemonia 11th January 2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 57164)
I'm sure most off you would sell a sibling just to get that ultra special DVD (I know I would!) but just how do you organize it?

Go to Angola, meet a slave trader, arrange the sale, tell your sibling you've booked them a holiday in Angola as a treat, to get them there under false pretences - and General Ububu will be waiting to meet them off the plane. Job done. Now you've got money for that Special Edition.

Oh....sorry....I thought you wanted to know how to organize selling a sibling.... :lol::lol:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 11th January 2010 06:48 PM

I organise my movies alphabetically (which is becoming more and more of a pain in the ass as my collection grows...) on two large bookcases (each one fits about 600 DVDs). I've recently filled them though, so my collection has now overspilled into a glass fronted cabinet in the same room, which (currently) is pretty empty.

I also organise my TV DVDs alphabetically (but these are kept separate) in another glass fronted cabinet along with Music DVDs, VHS (I only have two left now! :biggrin:) and my 1 (:lol:) Blu-Ray. I have a fair bit of animated TV, so I separate that from any other TV.

It sounds pretty well organised, but I think I'm going to have to find a better and more long-term solution soon, as I'm running out of room. Plus, if I buy a movie beginning with 'A' it takes me a good hour to shelf it! :eek: Which is why I tend to wait until I've got a pile, and then do them all at once.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th January 2010 08:02 PM

I'll get round to it someday.I used to do it by label,but just now they're all a riot!:doh:

gag 12th January 2010 01:52 AM

I have certain companies films eg vipco tartan shameless etc etc together
Box sets films with sequels etc together
Bits of owt and nowt tv etc together and if i have a lot of a certain director then there alll put together then the rest r done alaphabeticaly

Pete 12th January 2010 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 57164)
So we all luvdvds on this forum! We're mad for them. In fact, I'm sure most off you would sell a sibling just to get that ultra special DVD (I know I would!) but just how do you organize it?

- Alphabetically?
- By year released?
- By date bought?
- Color?
- Label?
- Great Vs. Crap?
- Certificate?

Mine are all alphabetical at the mo - but I'm thinking of having a huge change around. But there's always so many exceptions! Where do boxsets go if ordered by year? If alphabetical where do numbers go? Color? Don't even get me started! :laugh:

So, just how are your DVDs organised?

With the exception of Shameless, Arrow, Vipco and X-Rated, I put all my dvds in alphabetical order.

I keep all my tv/football dvds separate from the other dvd's.

I have loads of VHS tapes but they are all in boxes becuase I cant find anywhere to put them.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 12th January 2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 57360)
With the exception of Shameless, Arrow, Vipco and X-Rated, I put all my dvds in alphabetical order.

I keep all my tv/football dvds separate from the other dvd's.

I have loads of VHS tapes but they are all in boxes becuase I cant find anywhere to put them.

I'm thinking about separating my X-Rated Kult titles too loops. :nod:

Be nice to have them all together! :biggrin:

Daemonia 12th January 2010 11:49 AM

There is absolutely no order to my collection at all, they're all just on shelves randomly - but, I do know where everything is. :)

Besides, when people have a look at my collection they're amused to see stuff like Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory sitting next to Cannibal Ferox. :D

Vampix 12th January 2010 12:12 PM

Same goes for me.I really can't be arsed to sort my collection into alphabetical order or whatever.Wherever I stack them that's where they stay. :)

Gigantor 12th January 2010 03:02 PM

I'm very unorganized I have Asian ,Non Asian ,Watched ,Unwatched,To be watched pile and just bought Sections

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th January 2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 57377)
when people have a look at my collection they're amused to see stuff like Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory sitting next to Cannibal Ferox. :D

The look on their faces must be priceless :lol: