Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   The Giallo Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/334-giallo-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd March 2022 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 668543)
Never Say Never! :)
It's OK for me to say as a lot of these films are first time buys for me on BD, I never really got into importing DVDs from America. However I have double and triple dipped on quite a few films recently :( Suspiria for one, I had that awful and cut 4Front Video VHS with the cover of the girl getting her face crushed against the window, and I've had it on DVD, 3 different blurays and now (and finally) the Synapse 4k UHD...

I think it's the commentary on the Cult Films Suspiria blu that i have where Kim Newman introduces himself as "All round know it all". :lol:

Graeme73 22nd March 2022 12:21 PM

Hypothetically speaking, if a new UK video label was to be interested in releasing decent giallo titles that have yet to have a blu-ray release, which titles should they be looking at...?

Justin101 22nd March 2022 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 668545)
I think it's the commentary on the Cult Films Suspiria blu that i have where Kim Newman introduces himself as "All round know it all". :lol:

I'd love to be mates with Kim Newman, he seems a) the nicest guy in the business and b) so VERY knowledgeable that you'd have great conversations over a pint. Also, he can be Pub Quiz team leader lol...

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd March 2022 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graeme73 (Post 668546)
Hypothetically speaking, if a new UK video label was to be interested in releasing decent giallo titles that have yet to have a blu-ray release, which titles should they be looking at...?

As i have no idea what's been released in the rest of the world i can only suggest titles which i'm pretty sure haven't had UK HD releases.

Crimes of the Black Cat would be a definite. My dvd is really poor quality from Dagored dvd. I really like the film though and it has a terrific shower murder.

Fulci's Perversion Story would be most welcome as would Slaughter Hotel, Naked You Die and Death Carries a Cane

Has Short Night of Glass Dolls had a UK release?

Justin101 22nd March 2022 12:34 PM

Perversion Story has a very nice edition on Mondo Macabro but I think it would sell well in a UK release :)

Justin101 22nd March 2022 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 668548)
Has Short Night of Glass Dolls had a UK release?

88 Films, it might be out of print now though?

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd March 2022 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 668550)
88 Films, it might be out of print now though?

Ah right thanks. Thought i hadn't noticed it when i browsed their site recently.

Mojo 22nd March 2022 02:43 PM

SLAUGHTER HOTEL has also been released on Blu by 88 Films.
BLACK BELLY OF THE TARANTULA and SMILE BEFORE DEATH would be two good suggestions.

Graeme73 23rd March 2022 08:42 AM

Thank you. Appreciate the suggestions!

MrBarlow 15th April 2022 09:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Black Belly Of The tarantula. 1971.

A killer is attacking women by injecting them with a spider venom that paralyses them and then kills them.

This was a interesting film with a young looking Giancarlo Gianni as the police inspector looking into the murders and having a few problems within the work after being taped while making out with the wife that is seen by colleagues. This has all the hallmarks we want, a killer who's identity we don't see to the end with a good twist, decent spate of killings, little bit of nudity, great cinematography and back ground score and three Bond beauties, Barbara Bach, Claudine Auger and Barbara Bouchet. One I will happily re-watch again.

Attachment 239770