Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   The Giallo Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/334-giallo-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th July 2022 10:43 PM

Whats the AV quality like, Mr.B?

MrBarlow 19th July 2022 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 673525)
Whats the AV quality like, Mr.B?

It's better than I expected it to be, I was expecting to see glitches but they were a bit of a blink and miss it in one part but the rest, picture, sound quality is top notch with this

MrBarlow 3rd August 2022 03:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A Lizard In A Woman's Skin. 1971.

Carol who is the daughter of a British politician has dreams of her neighbour Julia being killed. When Julia is found dead, Carol begins to suspect that she has done it.

This was a great Giallo by the godfather of gore Lucio Fulci that has plenty twists and turns, Florinda Bolkan takes center stage as Carol who visits a psychotherapist about her dreams of seducing her neighbour Anita Strindberg and killing her until she i found murdered. This is certainly a who dunnit that unfolds brilliantly with every character being the main suspect. Alberto de Mendoza plays the police Sgt who pieces everything together slowly and surely, always great to watch this and never be bored.

Attachment 241475

g053584398 3rd August 2022 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 674226)
A Lizard In A Woman's Skin. 1971.

Carol who is the daughter of a British politician has dreams of her neighbour Julia being killed. When Julia is found dead, Carol begins to suspect that she has done it.

This was a great Giallo by the godfather of gore Lucio Fulci that has plenty twists and turns, Florinda Bolkan takes center stage as Carol who visits a psychotherapist about her dreams of seducing her neighbour Anita Strindberg and killing her until she i found murdered. This is certainly a who dunnit that unfolds brilliantly with every character being the main suspect. Alberto de Mendoza plays the police Sgt who pieces everything together slowly and surely, always great to watch this and never be bored.

Attachment 241475

A very good giallo. The Mondo Macabro Blu-ray is a really good disc of that one.

MrBarlow 3rd August 2022 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 674246)
A very good giallo. The Mondo Macabro Blu-ray is a really good disc of that one.

Thanks for the heads up on that one :thankingyou:

Justin101 3rd August 2022 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 674253)
Thanks for the heads up on that one :thankingyou:

I've got that one too, very nice indeed :)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd August 2022 09:14 PM

Likewise.
Mondo Macabro is a cracking label.

MrBarlow 3rd August 2022 09:50 PM

Checked out Mondo Macabro and they are sold out for A Lizard In A Woman's Skin. Ah well will keep checking

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th August 2022 06:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cold Eyes of Fear (1971)

I've always liked Enzo G Castellari as a director. His films tend to grab you immediately and keep you held until the final reel. Compared to some Italian directors he has an almost pulpy way of film making which i think always sits well in his area of film - Crime, sci-fi , westerns and horror. He never exudes that air of pretentiousness that some Italian directors have and seemingly seems to enjoy taking his viewers on a one way thrill ride.

Cold Eyes of Fear is an unconventional Giallo, stylish, but opening sequence apart never particularly sleazy, nor does it boast any over the top violence. It's a film that relies on it's taut script of blackmail and corruption and some great dialogue which is occasionally witty and often sparky with dubbing in the most horrendous English accents. This, emblazoned with a terrific Morricone score makes Cold Eyes of Fear practically unmissable viewing for the adventurous Giallo fan.

MrBarlow 14th August 2022 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 674802)
Cold Eyes of Fear (1971)

Cold Eyes of Fear practically unmissable viewing for the adventurous Giallo fan.

Definitely noted for this one Dem