Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   The Giallo Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/334-giallo-thread.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 6th January 2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 309442)
Deborah has recently been remastered it seems (as there's a new Italian Cinekult dvd).
You should have a look at Orgasmo and Paranoia BE (if you haven't already). ;)
Also I'd recommend Il Corpo.

I've seen Orgasmo and Paranoia (albeit a very long time ago). They're definitely overdue for a re-watch.

I've yet to check out Il Corpo, but from what little I've read, it sounds interesting :nod:

the blob 6th January 2013 05:12 PM

The Sweet Body Of Deborah is supposed to be getting a German/Austrian DVD soon as well but no idea if it's going to be English friendly.

ReturnToZero 6th January 2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 309436)
There is a decent Swedish DVD of The Sweet Body of Deborah from Njuta films titled: En röst i mörkret (those crazy swedes ;)).

I heard that!

About the swedish release the subtitles are "burnt in" but it's easy to remove them with Windows Media Player Classic Home Cinema, then you just connect the computer to your TV...
I's sure there's other players who can remove them too.

the blob 6th January 2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 309500)
I heard that!

About the swedish release the subtitles are "burnt in" but it's easy to remove them with Windows Media Player Classic Home Cinema, then you just connect the computer to your TV...
I's sure there's other players who can remove them too.

That's the main recent I haven't bought that version yet but I read it was a licensing requirement so the German one could well be the same or not English friendly at all.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th January 2013 08:36 PM

Latest dose of giallo goodness...

Death Walks on High Heels (La Morte cammina con i tacchi alti) (1971)

Death walks on High Heels - YouTube

Beyond72 16th January 2013 09:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 313227)
Latest dose of giallo goodness...

Death Walks on High Heels (La Morte cammina con i tacchi alti) (1971)

Death walks on High Heels - YouTube

Oh my, when she blacks up :blush: :lol:

But I am fan and it features one of my all time favourite shots.

bdc 21st January 2013 07:01 PM

Forbidden Photos of a Lady Above Suspicion dvd review

Beyond72 22nd January 2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 314722)

I was shocked when I watched that, as it's hard to believe it's the same Dagmar Lassander who would show up 11 years later in HBTC.

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd January 2013 12:21 PM

I've never quite understood the must have the Italian audio needs.

As it clearly says in the review the actors speak English, so for the most part the English audio fits with the actors speech patterns. In many cases the Italian audios are just voice overs and the voices talk for far longer than the actors lips move.

So why the attraction?

Rik 22nd January 2013 12:43 PM

I often wonder the same thing, as beautiful sounding as the Italian language is, espescially with Sicilian dialect, if the film is recorded in English, then an Italian audio option is pointless IMO. If they originally spoke in their native tongue and were overdubbed into English, then yeah fair enough, but not the other way round