Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   The Giallo Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/334-giallo-thread.html)

LloydK 3rd November 2011 07:45 PM

Amer is amazing in style but unfortunately has almost no plot. The next giallo on my viewing list is the infamous "L'immoralita". Not a 100% giallo but any killer+70s+italian combination can be called giallo I guess.

Daemonia 8th November 2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamazio (Post 190687)
The second has a really groovy scene when a woman stands on a table and starts singing a song like 'daughter, daughter, der der der etc' and everyone in the whole room joins in and starts clapping. Very cool and funky scene.

From memory, that sounds like the opening scene from Your Vice is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamazio (Post 190687)
Also, what are the goriest and most explicit giallo films can you recommend? After all, apart from the soundtrack and luxurious 70s Italian settings and beautiful women, we all know why we REALLY like giallo. ;)

Probably the most extreme Giallo out there is Giallo a Venezia. Utterly demented and very twisted and extremely violent. Definitely worth seeking out - it's a one-of-a-kind.

James Morton 8th November 2011 11:27 PM

The Giallo chat thread

i have GIALLO A VENEZIA on a dvdr
the only way to see this gory giallo at the moment w/Eng subs
but the film has vhs/full screen quality
shame some company can't pick this one up in an excellent uncut print

Bringer Of Funerals 25th February 2012 09:04 PM

Now really think about this but would you class Miss Marple, Murder She Wrote etc as giallo (tame giallo) because it has most of the makings of the genre

Rik 25th February 2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 219833)
Now really think about this but would you class Miss Marple, Murder She Wrote etc as giallo (tame giallo) because it has most of the makings of the genre

Get out, close the door and don't come back :mob:

Bringer Of Funerals 25th February 2012 09:15 PM

Have i upset everyone lol

Bringer Of Funerals 25th February 2012 09:22 PM

release the ZFE film in Arrow please, just seen your pic and that looks good in the white

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th February 2012 10:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 219833)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 219834)
Get out, close the door and don't come back :mob:

Any murder / mystery is classed as Giallo in Italy. An example -

bdc 25th February 2012 10:46 PM

This is true,the Italians classify a lot more as gialli.

"For Italian audiences, the term 'giallo' is used to refer to any kind of thriller, regardless of where it was made. Thus American or British thrillers by directors such as Alfred Hitchcock (eg, Psycho, Vertigo) or Basil Dearden (eg, The Blue Lamp, Sapphire) are, for Italian-speaking audiences, examples of gialli. For English-speaking audiences, the term has over time come to refer to a very specific type of Italian-produced thriller. Italian audiences have historically referred to these films as, rather than gialli, 'thrilling all'italiana' (in other words, thrillers in an Italian style/Italian-style thrillers) or, sometimes, 'spaghetti thrillers'. So, for Italian audiences, the term 'giallo' denotes a broad genre (the thriller), and the term 'thrilling all'italiana' denotes the specific subgroup of films (a subgenre) that have come to be known by English-speaking viewers as gialli." (Wiki)

Rik 25th February 2012 10:51 PM

I knew this, I was just winding him up :)
Although I didn't think Jessica Fletcher qualified