Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   The Giallo Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/334-giallo-thread.html)

Beyond72 26th February 2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 220139)
For me Evelyn is the better film. :)

Have you seen my pet foxes Demdike? Take a closer look...

*Laughs like the Red Queen*

:tongue1:

walkerbait 27th February 2012 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 220136)
That's a good price imho. ;)
It's the only official dvd release I think,the German one is possibly a grey market one I've read.
And you also get a nice dvd of The Night Evelyn Came Out of the Grave and a fun figurine... :thumb:

Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on The Emilio Miraglia Killer Queen Box Set for $39.99 shipped (used-like new) after doing a little more research. From an Amazon Prime seller so I should be ok. :rockon:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th February 2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkerbait (Post 220190)
Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on The Emilio Miraglia Killer Queen Box Set for $39.99 shipped (used-like new) after doing a little more research. From an Amazon Prime seller so I should be ok. :rockon:

It's a really good set, with two top gialli and a nice figurine to go on display. A worthy addition to anyone's collection.

Beyond72 27th February 2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Hope you enjoy the Red Queen - easily one of my favourite gialli :nod:

ReturnToZero 27th February 2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyond72 (Post 220219)
Hope you enjoy the Red Queen - easily one of my favourite gialli :nod:

I was blown away by that one too. I love Argento's contributions to the genre but this one, The Case of the Bloody Iris and Don't Torture a Duckling are my favourites at the time. Real stylish shit :)

walkerbait 1st March 2012 02:19 AM

Just finished watching The Red Queen -great giallo and I'm tickled to death to have it in my collection. Looking forward to watching "The Night Evelyn Came Out of the Grave." I'm sure I'm not the first person to notice this but wasn't the room where Kitty's boyfriend lived (and Lulu looked great on the couch) the same room used in "The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh"? The wood paneling by the door and the white walls with the lime green and light blue horizontal stripes and Edwige Fenech walking from screen right to screen left to the bathroom in her birthday suit? :rockon:

Scyther 1st March 2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Dude, worth every penny! Enjoy! :)

bdc 1st March 2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkerbait (Post 221035)
I'm sure I'm not the first person to notice this but wasn't the room where Kitty's boyfriend lived (and Lulu looked great on the couch) the same room used in "The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh"? The wood paneling by the door and the white walls with the lime green and light blue horizontal stripes and Edwige Fenech walking from screen right to screen left to the bathroom in her birthday suit? :rockon:

Op zoek naar gedeelde locaties in Europese genrecinema ;)

walkerbait 1st March 2012 11:35 PM

Thanks bdc; interesting article. Also finished watching "The Night Evelyn Came Out of the Grave". Fantastic movie - I really haven't decided yet if I like it or The Red Queen best. Either way a killer box-set and I am overjoyed with my purchase.

bdc 20th March 2012 07:55 PM

The giallo classic...I wonder if this will ever get an official dvd release?

LIBIDO by Ernesto Gastaldi and Vittorio Salerno - YouTube