Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:26 AM
Active Cultist

A stink of flesh is good, but colin sucked balls.
Old 24th September 2010, 01:37 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanmetal View Post
A stink of flesh is good, but colin sucked balls.
A guy that can tell the difference between a good and bad movie. I salute you Sir. Some of the previous posts must have been from Mark Price's friend's and family! lol
Old 24th September 2010, 05:17 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
A guy that can tell the difference between a good and bad movie. I salute you Sir. Some of the previous posts must have been from Mark Price's friend's and family! lol
Or maybe just someone with a different opinion. Last time I checked we were still all entitled to them. Right or wrong.

And hey! No relation or buddy connection here.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 24th September 2010, 07:47 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadAlive View Post
Or maybe just someone with a different opinion. Last time I checked we were still all entitled to them. Right or wrong.

And hey! No relation or buddy connection here.
Why don't you get yourself a sense of humour? And a thick skin while you're at it?
I developed these basics years ago, plus you shouldn't feel so threatened. Did you make this movie? Like the dude said, "COLIN sucks balls"...
Old 24th September 2010, 10:30 AM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I'd be interested to hear how the £45 budget was calculated though. Even though it did look cheap I have a hard time believing that no more than £45 was spent.
The camera would have cost more than that!
Old 24th September 2010, 12:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Why don't you get yourself a sense of humour?
I just did. It cost me £45.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 24th September 2010, 12:17 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
Wasn't the £45 budget for the camera alone? I think it was shot on video using a camcorder although I'm not 100% on that - that would have kept the cost down I guess.

I have the single-disc dvd of this film, which includes a director's commentary. I might give it another go with the commentary on, just out of an interest in low-budget film-making.
Old 25th September 2010, 12:09 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
There's rumour that the films budget was more likely to be around £200. the £45 thing was probably just a marketing gimmick, to get the media, and the distributors interested while Price was in Canne with it...
Plus, he probably had that camera already, regardless of whether or not he was going to make a film. I'm surprised they managed to make a two disc set out of this film? I've got the single disc edition, which cost me around £7 at Tesco. It's helping to keep my kitchen door open at the moment. Got it jammed under there. Though I am planning to watch this once more soon. I wonder what was on the second disc then? I've seen a lot of zombie films in my time, but I just couldn't sit through this one. I found it so boring, I could not stop yawning. Had to turn the film off half way in, and had to take a nap for a few hours. I was f**ked, to say the least...
Don't let these posts put you off from watching this film, if your curious about it. Some of you out there, may enjoy COLIN. just try and stick with it, I guess. Have a few beers ready on stand-by, And some Pringles maybe. Whatever it takes basically...
Old 25th September 2010, 12:11 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadAlive View Post
I just did. It cost me £45.
That was a complete waste of your money then, wasn't it? lol
Old 25th September 2010, 12:29 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
That was a complete waste of your money then, wasn't it? lol
A STINK OF FLESH was a lot of fun. Very low budget, and very cheap looking, But it was a very entertaining zombie film. It has a sense of fun and humour about it, and they all looked like they had a lot of fun making it. The film features a relative of Gunnar Hanson, who plays some kind of BASKET CASE style Duane Bradley character. There's also a female zombie with green skin and totally nude, chained up in the shed. The film focuses on a MAD MAX type drifter, who is fully tooled up, and capable of dealing with the zombie filth. He eventually meets up with a bunch of other survivors, and together, they try to overcome their situation. (Remind you of anything else?)
I came across this film down my local Pound-shop one day, along with AXE, and HITCH HIKE TO HELL, amongst a couple of others. Worth a look if you like your zombie films...

Like this? Share it using the links below!