Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   The 'To Watch' Pile (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/3848-watch-pile.html)

zombiematt 15th January 2011 08:20 AM

I know the feeling as I tend to get a load of DVDs in once I have watched what I bought but the missus says I don't need anymore DVDs yet she always needs a new Pair of shoes or trainers hummmm weird.

antmumford 15th January 2011 09:48 AM

I'm pretty lucky with my partner, she encourages me to get more DVD's sometimes. She appreciates my passion but I do think it's really to keep me off her back when she spends copious amounts of money on her make-up collection. We're both very obsessive and completist collectors.

As for DVD's to watch, my pile must be in the region of about 200 or so, that includes about 30 Blu-rays and films recorded on Virgin+

There's just not enough time in the day, I try to watch at least 1 a night when I get in from work. Doesn't help when some good stuff comes on TV, wastes my DVD watching time.

stefanmetal 15th January 2011 10:26 AM

About 20 stored on DVD-R

10 on DVD

Cut and run, Irreversible, Fantacide and A serbian film among others.

Bobz 28th January 2011 07:43 PM

I first saw this thread about a week ago and it made me wonder how many movies I had to watch as a result of my recent maniacal purchasing binge.

I reckoned I had about 40 new titles to watch, but obviously I was buying dvds too fast to keep track because by now I have 144 movies and 1 TV season (Fear Itself, don't know what it is and don't care, it was cheap and the case looks great!) on my to-watch list.

On first count I had 80 to watch, that came as a real shock lol! Especially when I realised how much time its going to take to watch them all, and the fact that I know I am going to keep buying more haha!

This is the first time I have a sufficient amount of unwatched movies to amount to a list, sometimes I wonder what has come over me! :eek:

PaulD 28th January 2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobz (Post 124801)
I reckoned I had about 40 new titles to watch, but obviously I was buying dvds too fast to keep track because by now I have 144 movies and 1 TV season (Fear Itself, don't know what it is and don't care, it was cheap and the case looks great!) on my to-watch list.

Fear Itself was a sort of sequel to Mick Garris' Masters of Horror tv show. An anthology of various horror directors doing one-hour horror films. Didn't know Fear Itself was out on dvd, might have to pick it up especially if it's cheap.

Keeping on topic, coincidentally I have a whole season of Masters of Horror that's still unwatched.

Bobz 28th January 2011 10:55 PM

Hi Paul,

That sounds better than I expected. I thought it was just some short-lived tv series. It is indeed 13 (!) short films in the vein of Masters Of Horror. I think its a bargain at this price: Fear Itself Boxset.

I have seasons 1 and 2 of Masters of Horror to watch aswell. When I get a day to myself I might try to see how many I can watch in a row :pop2:.

If anyone is interested, I got the special boxsets of Masters of Horror from Amazon.com for 33 odd pound each including delivery(look for marketplace sellers Standing Ovation and deeveedees). The seasons 2 boxset in the skull is really something imo :).

I've just finished watching The Church, so my pile is a smidgen smaller now :lol:.

necroluciferia 29th January 2011 10:34 AM

I currently have around 11 or 12 DVDs I haven't watched yet and 2 I have borrowed that need to be re-watched. I subscribe to Love Film too so at the moment I have one to watch from there, and then I have several lists of films that I intend to stream when I get the time (which should be easier when I have my laptop hooked up to the net next month).

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 11th August 2013 04:38 AM

So... how many more of you naughty people want to admit to having stacks of unwatched discs littering your homes?

Paul@TheOverlook 11th August 2013 08:23 AM

I have 100s and 100s, just not enough time to watch them. Many of mine are still shrink wrapped. I watch a film Most nights but usually with my wife, so there's a big proportion of films left unwatched because they're not the sort of films that she will sit through. [Sighs]

Paul@TheOverlook 11th August 2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 110105)
I must be between 400-500 to watch now-collecting is as much as a buzz as watching them!:cool:

Ha! That probably sums me up too, Reaps.