Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   Christmas Horror! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/4152-christmas-horror.html)

sghawken 15th March 2008 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbieD (Post 496)
Here's a newer one which hasn't been released in the UK yet: P2, by the director of Switchblade Romance and The Hills Have Eyes remake. It takes place during Christmas Eve. A woman, on her way home, is locked in a carpark and trapped and tortured by a stalker. It's not brilliant but there's some suspenseful scenes and some nice gore. :)

#

Love the intestine scene ;o)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 10th December 2010 08:41 PM

Christmas Horror!

With only 15 days until ol' St. Nick comes shuffling down your chimney, it makes sense to have a thread dedicated to all things Christmas Horror!

What's your favourite horror films with a strong emphasis on Christmas? To me, horror films set on the big day often have a special unfathomable quality to them. Slighly more magic? More twisted? Whatever it is - there's definetly something different about xmas horrors.

So any favs? Black Christmas? Silent Night, Deadly Night?

I've only just found out about this film - why it hasn't been given a good DVD release over here is beyond me - it looks like fun. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

YouTube - ELVES trailer

the blob 10th December 2010 08:49 PM

Black Christmas is a fave!

Not a full movie but I love that Joan Collins christmas segment in Tales From The Crypt.

nekromantik 10th December 2010 09:24 PM

i love SNDN!!
Black xmas is also a classic.

Am looking forward to Rare Exports next week.
kyle u should go see it!

Vampix 10th December 2010 09:28 PM

Black Christmas (1974) is in my top 10, it's a classic imo.I also like the opening segment to Tales from the Crypt (1972), with a murderous Joan Collins being stalked by a deranged Santa.I've got the Arrow edition of Silent Night, Deadly Night but I'm not a big fan tbh.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 10th December 2010 10:04 PM

Not a fan of SNDN, Vampix?! :faint: How could you?! :laugh: Just kidding - each to their own :) (Punish! Punish! Punish!)

Good to see BC getting a lot of luv - it really is a classic. Anyone seen the remake?

Rare Exports sounds excellent, Nekro - I'll have to check that one out - no doubt about it.

Have anybody seen any of those pretty rubbish-y xmas films, like Jack Frost - the killer snowman one?

Phats 10th December 2010 10:10 PM

I was just about to mention Jack Frost. :lol: I thought it was hilarious and have always thought the dvd cover art was brilliantly terrifying. It was a shame that the snowman never looked anywhere near as scary as on the cover, as it could have been a half decent movie. I've seen the remake of Black Christmas and it's not that good in my opinion. It lacks a lot of what made the original great.

nekromantik 10th December 2010 10:14 PM

I seen Jack Frost wen I was younger but cant remember much ha ha
might have to re-visit it.

pedromonkey 10th December 2010 11:05 PM

the remake of Black Christmas is dire, the original is fantastic, it's a shame Bob Clark went on to make Baby Geniuses 2.

If a fat jolly man with a red suit and a big white beard comes down my chimney,
i'll be waiting with Mr.45 and if he runs, well ive got six little friend that can all run a hell of a lot faster than him...(a team of dwarves with rocket shoes)

SNDN is fun but not the best film ever made, Rare Exports looks great and Dick Maas' Sint looks great fun....but what about WCW/WWF star Bill Goldberg as santa in Santa's Slay?...

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 10th December 2010 11:09 PM

:laugh: I'm sure there's a twisted innuendo in there somewhere. Santa's Sleigh has been on my wishlist for too long now - the cover alone is just great!

Looks like Jack Frost is quite popular then - I'll have to buy it - isn't there a sequel too?