Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   Sickest horror movies ever made (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/592-sickest-horror-movies-ever-made.html)

TALL DUDE 31st July 2008 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 11419)
Yeah, then there's the 'Guts of a Vrigin' films and whatnot - and a weird one by the lad who went on to make STACEY. I can't remember the title, but it's something like EAT THE GIRL?

How about the All Night Long films, they make for nasty viewing!

Eat the schoolgirl is the title your looking for.I havent seen it,but from what i hear its pretty strong stuff.
The all night long trilogy makes for very unsetteling viewing,imo,especially no.2. Apparently there is an all night long 4,5,6.I came across them on the visual pain website,but there all originaL language with no subs.Pity.

Angel 2nd August 2008 02:46 PM

Re- Africa Addio which we were discussing earlier...

There was a pre cert of it under the title of Farewell Africa. I don't know how much of the animal carnage was intact but it had a running time of 111m. Does sound like it may have been the UK cinema version.

Also according to Attack of the Scissor People, the cut down US version appears to have retained most if not all the graphic violence/animal cruelty and it also proved to be a big hit over there.

vipco 2nd August 2008 03:04 PM

Thats true Angel, it had all violence / cruelty intact but was cut of the lengthy talky bits and 'duller' moments and done quite well on the drive in circuit under the title Africa, Blood and Guts, before going on to a successful release on VHS in the States under the same title.

Both version's imo are horrible , nasty films, with no real excuse to exist, especially the shorter version.
They certainly aren't documenting the changing face of Africa, as some would claim.

Its been claimed that many of the scenes were staged for the camera, and not 'happened upon' as the film would sugest.

Angel 2nd August 2008 05:43 PM

Yes that's what I've heard as well.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd August 2008 05:47 PM

Jacoppetti and co.......charlatans....;)

Angel 2nd August 2008 05:58 PM

They also directed Goodbye Uncle Tom in 1971. Another disturbing film by the sounds of it. 30/40m had to be cut for the X over here.

mark meakin 3rd August 2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 11592)
They also directed Goodbye Uncle Tom in 1971. Another disturbing film by the sounds of it. 30/40m had to be cut for the X over here.

I have the BU version but I've not got around to watching it yet.

Angel 3rd August 2008 02:22 PM

Will be interesting to hear your views Mark when you have seen it.

Seems unlikely that this and Africa Addio will be seen again in the UK.

Someone Weird 3rd August 2008 03:20 PM

Jacopetti and Prosperi were extraordinarily talented film makers with a real passion about what they were doing, IMO. 'Africa Addio' is an incredible documentary and 'Goodbye Uncle Tom' art at its very best.

Philleh 4th August 2008 07:51 AM

I have Goodbye Uncle Tom to watch also, I know this one isn't intended as a 'documentary' per sa; but it does try to have some sort of link with the filmmakers previous efforts.

Could be an interesting watch.