Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   Rollin BD's from Kino in 2012 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/7101-rollin-bds-kino-2012-a.html)

Daemonia 14th January 2012 02:46 PM

You're probably right, I can't imagine the expense of releasing these here in the UK would make them a profitable endeavour.

Personally I'm a big fan of both Rollin and Franco, but I couldn't quite tell you why! :lol:

Speaking of Franco, why isn't there any Franco on BD yet?

Crimson Blade 14th January 2012 03:17 PM

I think the only title i may buy is Fascination as i couldn't get that on the Encore label.
But IMO The Living Dead Girl will always be Rollin's masterpiece.

As for Franco? I find a lot of his films seriously hard going, esp his women in prison films. I actually switched off Barb Wire Dolls about half way through before i died of boredom. Haha!
Having said that, i do have a lot of love for his giallo-esque Bloody Moon. Highly entertaining. :)

Pete 20th January 2012 07:29 PM

DVD Beaver reviews of THE IRON ROSE and THE NUDE VAMPIRE.

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th January 2012 10:11 PM

The Nude Vampire looks great, however i'm not sure the Iron Rose is any better, i prefer the Redemption USA dvd stills to be truthful

Pete 20th January 2012 10:37 PM

You going blu?

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th January 2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 210692)
You going blu?

No. :popcorn:

The new Hammer discs may tempt me though, especially this time next year when they are going for £6 or so.

I'm in no hurry. After all people just moan like mad at Blu discs, yet never at dvd's. ;)

Gojirosan 20th January 2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 210694)
I'm in no hurry. After all people just moan like mad at Blu discs, yet never at dvd's. ;)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Splendid!

:laugh:

Daemonia 22nd January 2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 210694)
After all people just moan like mad at Blu discs, yet never at dvd's. ;)

But they used to, year's ago. A bad DVD transfer would always get slated and people would moan about stupid things like a speck of dust on frame 1132324 of the film. It's just that those people have abandoned DVD now and so focus all their moaning on BD instead. :lol:

Bobz 16th March 2012 01:32 PM

Has anyone bought any of these Redemption blu rays yet?

Does anyone know if:

1) Non-Rollin titles in this range are region free also?

2) Is the entire range numbered? Or are the Rollin moives the only ones with numbered spines?

Cheers!

EscapedLunatic 16th March 2012 01:38 PM

I have Virgin Witch and it works fine on my region B player and it also has a number 7 on it.