Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > The House With Laughing Windows
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th January 2013, 06:44 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quick question: how violent/bloody/graphic is this film? I ask as my girlfriend is intrigued by the plot but is completely averse to the violence in Italian horrors/giallo. Without getting into spoilers obviously is it as bad as something like Deep Red/Tenebrae?
Old 9th January 2013, 07:00 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Quick question: how violent/bloody/graphic is this film? I ask as my girlfriend is intrigued by the plot but is completely averse to the violence in Italian horrors/giallo. Without getting into spoilers obviously is it as bad as something like Deep Red/Tenebrae?
Really quite tame tbh, think pretty much the only violence is the bit at the very end, more of an atmospheric spooky kinda film.
Old 9th January 2013, 07:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
I would recommend watching this film ASAP Paul. It's a masterpiece of effective mood drenched scenery. Not very graphic at all. BUY, CONSUME, CONFORM.
Old 9th January 2013, 07:11 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Cheers guys! I want to watch it soon, just wasn't sure if my girlfriend would enjoy it.

She can sit through slashers and general horror but there's something about the violence in Italian horrors and giallo that she dislikes.
Old 9th January 2013, 07:28 PM
Cult Addict

Yeah, and the final scene probably doesn't even warrent the 18, it's roughly on par with Who Saw Her Die? in terms of violence in cinema.
Old 9th January 2013, 08:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I don't know the opening stabbing scene is pretty graphic. I rewatched this other night for the first time in years and really enjoyed it, last time I think I fell asleep and after two attempts gave up. It's really rather good.
Old 24th April 2013, 08:03 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Cheers guys! I want to watch it soon, just wasn't sure if my girlfriend would enjoy it.

She can sit through slashers and general horror but there's something about the violence in Italian horrors and giallo that she dislikes.
This is just a guess, but maybe the reason is that quite a few Gialli/Italian Horror flicks have pretty explicit AND sexually motivated kills - e.g. Fulci's The New York Ripper, Dallamano's What Have You Done To Solange?, or - more recently - Argento's Mother of Tears.
Old 24th April 2013, 08:23 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
This is just a guess, but maybe the reason is that quite a few Gialli/Italian Horror flicks have pretty explicit AND sexually motivated kills - e.g. Fulci's The New York Ripper, Dallamano's What Have You Done To Solange?, or - more recently - Argento's Mother of Tears.
It's definitely the explicitness of the violence. A lot of gialli have shots of knifes and razors slicing skin open which she really hates.
Old 19th January 2015, 10:39 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Any other views of this film. Sorry for re opening all these threads im just working my way through all the Shameless titles i own and as i said earlier im looking to expand.
PaulD likes this.
Old 19th January 2015, 10:43 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Dem's favourite film from what I recall.
Rik and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!