Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   What Are You Listening To? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/534-what-you-listening.html)

Dave Boy 12th August 2013 09:39 AM

Pat Benatar - All Fired Up - YouTube

Demoncrat 12th August 2013 03:07 PM

This at the moment.

Einstürzende Neubauten - Paris [2010-11-16] (30th anniversary) - YouTube

Philosophy of a Knife 12th August 2013 05:33 PM

After a great weekend at Bloodstock I've had some more King Diamond and Sabaton on before settling down to a Mad Max marathon. Came back with a copy of the latest Beholder album and I'm Gonna be buying Hell's album ASAP as they were bloody brilliant!

Susan Foreman 12th August 2013 05:46 PM

The make-up worn by the nurse during 'Dwight Frye' reminds me a lot of Peter Criss from Kiss!

Alice Cooper - Ballad of Dwight Fry / I Love the Dead, Cropredy 2013 - YouTube

ArgentoFan1987 12th August 2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 358166)
Elliott Smith Miss MIsery - YouTube

Been on a big Elliott Smith kick this week. His voice sends shivers down my spine. Such a shame how it ended for him

They seem to make a really big deal about him, but I only know the one song. How'd he die?

Susan Foreman 12th August 2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 358338)
They seem to make a really big deal about him, but I only know the one song. How'd he die?

Quoted from Wikipedia:

"Smith died on October 21, 2003 at the age of 34 years from two stab wounds to the chest. At the time of the stabbing, he was at his Lemoyne Street home in Echo Park, California where he lived with his girlfriend, Jennifer Chiba. According to Chiba, the two were arguing, and she locked herself in the bathroom to take a shower. Chiba heard him scream, and upon opening the door, saw Smith standing with a knife in his chest. She pulled the knife out, after which he collapsed and she called 9-1-1. Smith died in the hospital with the time of death listed as 1:36 p.m. A possible suicide note, written on a Post-it note, read:

"I'm so sorry—love, Elliott. God forgive me."

The name "Elliott" is misspelled as "Elliot" in the coroner's report; however, a coroner informed the Smoking Gun website "that Smith's first name was misspelled in the report", not on the Post-it note. While Smith's death was originally reported as a suicide, the official autopsy report released in December 2003 left open the question of possible homicide.

According to Pitchfork Media, record producer Larry Crane reported on his Tape Op message board that he had planned to help Smith mix his album in mid-November. Crane wrote, "I hadn't talked to Elliott in over a year. His girlfriend, Jennifer, called me [last week] and asked if I'd like to come to L.A. and help mix and finish [Smith's album]. I said 'yes, of course', and chatted with Elliott for the first time in ages. It seems surreal that he would call me to finish an album and then a week later kill himself. I talked to Jennifer this morning, who was obviously shattered and in tears, and she said, 'I don't understand, he was so healthy.'"

The coroner's report revealed that no traces of illegal substances or alcohol were found in his system at the time of his death, but did find prescribed levels of antidepressant, anxiolytic and ADHD medications in his system, including Clonazepam, Mirtazapine, Atomoxetine and Amphetamine. Also, no hesitation wounds were found on Smith, a trait typical of suicide by self infliction. With his death not being officially declared a suicide, journalist Alyson Camus noted numerous discrepancies and contradictions in the case that suggest foul play. However, the authorities do not seem to be investigating the case further.

Smith's body was cremated. No public burial site or memorial was ever formally announced."

Nordicdusk 12th August 2013 07:15 PM

Cannibal Corpse - Eaten Back to Life (Full Album) - YouTube

ArgentoFan1987 12th August 2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 358345)
Quoted from Wikipedia:

"Smith died on October 21, 2003 at the age of 34 years from two stab wounds to the chest. At the time of the stabbing, he was at his Lemoyne Street home in Echo Park, California where he lived with his girlfriend, Jennifer Chiba. According to Chiba, the two were arguing, and she locked herself in the bathroom to take a shower. Chiba heard him scream, and upon opening the door, saw Smith standing with a knife in his chest. She pulled the knife out, after which he collapsed and she called 9-1-1. Smith died in the hospital with the time of death listed as 1:36 p.m. A possible suicide note, written on a Post-it note, read:

"I'm so sorry—love, Elliott. God forgive me."

The name "Elliott" is misspelled as "Elliot" in the coroner's report; however, a coroner informed the Smoking Gun website "that Smith's first name was misspelled in the report", not on the Post-it note. While Smith's death was originally reported as a suicide, the official autopsy report released in December 2003 left open the question of possible homicide.

According to Pitchfork Media, record producer Larry Crane reported on his Tape Op message board that he had planned to help Smith mix his album in mid-November. Crane wrote, "I hadn't talked to Elliott in over a year. His girlfriend, Jennifer, called me [last week] and asked if I'd like to come to L.A. and help mix and finish [Smith's album]. I said 'yes, of course', and chatted with Elliott for the first time in ages. It seems surreal that he would call me to finish an album and then a week later kill himself. I talked to Jennifer this morning, who was obviously shattered and in tears, and she said, 'I don't understand, he was so healthy.'"

The coroner's report revealed that no traces of illegal substances or alcohol were found in his system at the time of his death, but did find prescribed levels of antidepressant, anxiolytic and ADHD medications in his system, including Clonazepam, Mirtazapine, Atomoxetine and Amphetamine. Also, no hesitation wounds were found on Smith, a trait typical of suicide by self infliction. With his death not being officially declared a suicide, journalist Alyson Camus noted numerous discrepancies and contradictions in the case that suggest foul play. However, the authorities do not seem to be investigating the case further.

Smith's body was cremated. No public burial site or memorial was ever formally announced."

WOW! That's brutal stuff, Suzi!!!! :shocked:

Rik 12th August 2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 358349)

Never been a fan of CC, but I did have the poster for this album on my bedroom ceiling during my early teens, it was the first thing I saw each morning, no wonder I'm slightly disturbed :lol::lol:

Nordicdusk 12th August 2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 358355)
Never been a fan of CC, but I did have the poster for this album on my bedroom ceiling during my early teens, it was the first thing I saw each morning, no wonder I'm slightly disturbed :lol::lol:

I had a poster of this on my door when i was in my teens also i got it in a Death Metal special mag with Deicide Morbid Angel and Death Posters my parents started questioning me about being into drugs and worshiping the devil when they started seeing these posters and hearing the bands playing in my room. Even funnier is they always said its a phase he will grow out of it. Im 32 now and still the phase continues :lol: